Page 27 of 40 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast
    Tactile Telekinesis stephens2177's Avatar

I wrote up how i would like the YJ shows SB to be on the the appreciation thread,now ill do it for the comic book version,which imo is the one that counts.

The funny thing is my idea for the comic SB is also a merging of the show and book versions,but with slight differences in every category.
    Look- even though the tron suit is very busy,i like it,if they change it to another supersuiti would go with almost the same as what i described for the show SB,his white cloning chamber suit,colored all black,then put on the black fingerless gloves.
    Personality- super smart,IQ and EQ,he has the mental potential of a alien that is a level 8 (i think),when humans are around a 3,but for lex,he is right up there with kal,and his intelligence is not just computing,but imagintive,so kon should be nobodys fool ever.he never had a childhood,and is a demigod among humans,so his perspective should always be off and unique to him.he should learn to care about ppl,to help them.he should always be willing to give others the benefit of the doubt,until they prove otherwise.he shouldnt think like superman or lex,no boy scout,no egotistical ass,but he shpuld have this traits and others bleed into his attitudes and reactions towards things.
    Powers-this is similar to how i wanted the shows SB to be also,but for him to start with TTK,and grow into kryptonian physical powers,and no solar battery,just natural abilities like the golden age superman.i like the idea of kal and lexs dna mutating into a third unique form,and thats how he could have his TK instead of solar energy abilities,because of that reason kryptonite should never effect him,cause his body isnt a energy absorber to absorb the radiation.i would keep the full TK,because he wont have heat vision with no solar cells,and i would keep and expand his sensory power.i would instead of him touching things,say his anything his TK touches he can scan,which combined with full TK would allow him to fight speedsters,cause without full TK and expanded defintion of his senses,he wouldnt be able to see or react to them as fast as he would need to.i love that his TTK only works when he is thinking about it,leaves the door open for him to get ambushed,and beatdown,but i like the idea of his physical body being on par with a non solar powered kryptonian.
    Dont mess with the "S"

Mutation is a bitch

Bring back kon-el/Conner kent

Superboy should be pbysically like john carter, and have his classic TTK, but at SUPER levels, plus his new tactile sensory absorption (TSA),which are both focus and touch limited, if you consider those limitations, and no kryptonite weakness.

He should wear a all black YJ show cloning tube suit with fingerless gloves, or titans of tomorrow adult kon suit, with no cape, and no sleeves, add fingerless gloves, and occasional jacket.

His power should look like this

Kon-el and conner kent are his "given" names.

Super smart, wise ass, good heart, always wanting to do whats right, even if he has normal knee jerk teenage reactions.

Hybrid clone created with "who cares ;-) " dna, but always be half superman, and half human, and the two strands merge to create a third strand, which that and being created under a yellow sun makes his powers different.

Cadmus, run by lex creates him to do evil, but tim, bart, and cassie (the rest if the YJ4) rescue him while he is a teenager.

Lives with titans, but has adventures by himself all over the world, space, time, and different dimensions.

Every bit as powerful as a kryptonian, and looked at by them as a abomimation, cause of his hybrid genetics and powers.

Dont take shit from no one.

Dont mess with the S
    Dont mess with the "S"

Mutation is a bitch

This is by far the best evidencd that superboy on the young justice show was supposed to get TTK someday. His eyes and S light up, but we all know hi powerset on the show, this plus luthor saying his human dna "suppresses" his full power, plus his body never aging, it all leads to kon getting TTK.
    Dont mess with the "S"

Mutation is a bitch

Btw i hope whoever read my last post knows the pics were a joke.

Which tony daniel drawn superman wins?
    Dont mess with the "S"

Mutation is a bitch

Is superboy superman secundus from all star superman? Lex created the way to have supermans child be born inside a human female, lois lane, could this be lobdells plan?
    Dont mess with the "S"

Mutation is a bitch

Superboy's TTK was one of the more original and interesting parts about him.Instead Weisman decided to make Superboy a broody punching bag with a drug problem who gets the shit beat out of him in every fight

Agree or disagree? Was this how the YJ superboy represented him.someone else posted this simewhere else and i wanted to ask here.
    Dont mess with the "S"

Mutation is a bitch

Disagree. It made him an extremely interesting character......Tk was not needed, and his "drug" problem was awesome and a beautiful superhero parallel for the pressures that teens face in their lives and why "drugs" seem so enticing to them. His views on life and the world were really interesting due to him being a clone and him being the same age for 5+ years. His attraction to Mr. M only highlighted this whole thing and made for the perfect paring.

To just say that he "brooded" all the time would be completely missing the point of the character as a whole.....like when the person watched the show the just covered their ears and closed their eyes when Superboy was on and then speed read some rants from fans who didn't like him on the show.

His subtle character growth was fantastic from season 1 to 2. By the end of season 2 Superboy had acted like a better moral leader than most of the other appointed leaders on the team. The angry quick tempered brash boy had become the calm, stoic, altruistic moral compass of the team. With out it being thrown at us Superboy had become his own man.

I agree with completely, but with the posters comments partially.
    I wish they used his TTK,from the beginning, so he would match up better with the comics, and because that was his powers at his origins, but whatever, weissman is a TTK hater.
    He did seem to be nothing more than a punching bag for almost the entire 2nd season, which i did not like, and i like my SB to get knocked around a lot lol. I mean even if he didnt age at all he was still the most phhsically powerful on the team,not to mention had five years of training under his belt, be should have been the best member of the team in the field easily, but weissman wanted to prop other characters up and make him look weak.
    I liked his growth as a character, and by the end of the show he was easily the moral leader and tactician for the team, this is where big points go to weissman.
    I think weissman should have balanced the character out better between his leaderdship skills and his punching bag issues.

And thats why i was always hoping for a season three where kons age problem would have been fixed and he started aging physically again, then his "suppressed" powers would have grown into a new form of hybrid dna which in turn would lead to TTK.
    Dont mess with the "S"

Mutation is a bitch

"punching bag"? Just cuz he didn't absolutely dominate during every physical encounter he had with a person or a situation does not make him a "punching bag" in any way shape or form. He lost fights just like everyone else on the team who wasn't Blue (I have my issues with the whole Blue B thing but it was done well). Superboy lasted longest against Mongol, was the team tank when they were on the planet raan, smart enough to use tech on Clayface, All of the villains who have ever captured him in the show ALWAYS say that he will be the hardest to kill because he is kryptonian.

But the main thing about the second season was that it wasn't focused on him so not much room to shine. If you notice Nightwing, KF, Ms. M, and Superboy were not very spectacular when it came to fighting power spectacle. Ms. M's TK was never shown to be very powerful all 2 season, NIghtwing almost never got in the field, and KF was the slowest Flash.

What we did see is that they grew as people and perfected aspects about their ability: Ms. M is now the most powerful physic on earth, Nightwing made the hard choices as a leader in a tactical sense, KF pushed himself to the limit to save the world, and Superboy learned more restraint with his powers and he uses sphere more like when he told sphere to use a canceling sonic frequency on the rock monster or when he told sphere to enter "pill bug mode" to take control of the monster.

The fact is season two just wasn't about the power spectacle of the old team members. It was for the new characters like Impulse, Blue B, and the rest. This is why you saw Blue and Impulse have so many crazy over the top moments and in comparison the old members had little to none in that sense.

But if you've been watching from season 1 then you can see the moment when Ms. M starts using her powers in such a ruthless manner it's a "big" moment or how Superboy shows more restraint in a fight and actually tell Blue that he should wait a moment before rushing in. They get the "little" big moments that's all.

Weissman showed him weak? Superboy is considered one of the strongest weapons on the planet. This is shown in the comic's final arc. Yes Superboy takes a helluva beating, but he is about the only one on the team who really can. Wonder Girl has taken some beatings, but when she does she stays down. It actually takes a lot to keep Superboy down. Which is much more than how he is treated in the comics. In the Young Justice and Teen Titan books, when Superboy is knocked around he is batted down. Superboy is very clearly considered a threat in Young Justice.

Geeze I thought this was a topic for Superboy respect, not Superboy disrespect.

Quote Originally Posted by House of Rao View Post
    Weissman showed him weak? Superboy is considered one of the strongest weapons on the planet. This is shown in the comic's final arc. Yes Superboy takes a helluva beating, but he is about the only one on the team who really can. Wonder Girl has taken some beatings, but when she does she stays down. It actually takes a lot to keep Superboy down. Which is much more than how he is treated in the comics. In the Young Justice and Teen Titan books, when Superboy is knocked around he is batted down. Superboy is very clearly considered a threat in Young Justice.

I literally agree with EVERYTHING you said!!! Superboy was perfect!!

Quote Originally Posted by stephens2177 View Post
    I agree with completely, but with the posters comments partially.
    I wish they used his TTK,from the beginning, so he would match up better with the comics, and because that was his powers at his origins, but whatever, weissman is a TTK hater.
    He did seem to be nothing more than a punching bag for almost the entire 2nd season, which i did not like, and i like my SB to get knocked around a lot lol. I mean even if he didnt age at all he was still the most phhsically powerful on the team,not to mention had five years of training under his belt, be should have been the best member of the team in the field easily, but weissman wanted to prop other characters up and make him look weak.
    I liked his growth as a character, and by the end of the show he was easily the moral leader and tactician for the team, this is where big points go to weissman.
    I think weissman should have balanced the character out better between his leaderdship skills and his punching bag issues.

And thats why i was always hoping for a season three where kons age problem would have been fixed and he started aging physically again, then his "suppressed" powers would have grown into a new form of hybrid dna which in turn would lead to TTK.
    Yeah? Then why not cloned from Paul Westfield with DNA altered to mimic Kryptonian who would grow into other powers as he got older. I mean that was his original origin or is Weissman a Paul Westfield hater too? If you're that adamant about his original powers than why not just stick with the original origin or are you just cherry picking? Ttk was important due to the fact at the time he wasn't a direct clone of Superman but an approximation. They needed it to approximate Superman's three major powers of flight, super strength, and invulnerability. That's what really made that power unique and important. It took a backseat with John's reboot as Conner gained all Kryptonian powers like flight, super strength, super speed, invulnerability, heat vision, and freeze breath. The minute he gained actual flight powers, actual super strength and invulnerability, the main reason for the tk field, the power became redundant. At the time of the show, this was the current version of Superboy. Weissman streamlined and adapted this version for HIS universe. If it was still the Kesel origin, then yeah I'm sure he would include the power since there would be purpose for it.

I loved what he did though. He clearly researched the comics and made his own iteration. The times where he found that he didn't have heat vision or flight was clearly parallel to when Superboy in the comics discovered he didn't have the vision powers or immunity to energy at the time. His inability to age, the discovery of his origin and Match (who is an amalgam of Match and the Bizarro Superboy Packard created as his first attempt) as well as the length of time it took Superman to welcome him to his family makes me really impressed with how he cobbled this version of Conner. He keeps taking beatings because he can. He can stand up to it better and longer than anyone on the team. Vandal Savage even comments that he would be the only one who could give them problems. The second season of YJ showcased his maturity and determination. This was a guy who clearly came a long way from his beginnings. No matter what comes his way, he always pushes on and that's always been Conner in a nutshell no matter what version.

There is no disrespect in thinking your favorite character could be shown in a better light..... sometimes. I agree the second season wasnt about the first season guys looking badass, but instead growing as ppl and heroes, but when they say SB is kryptonian and will be hard to put down, and he gets swatted then never comes back to the fight there is something wrong there.

As i said before the YJ version of SB was almost the definitve modern version of kon for me also, he lacks fewer things than the kesel, johns, smallville, and lobdell versions lack, but that doesnt mean he didnt lack things, things that are important to the character at its core.
    Dont mess with the "S"

Mutation is a bitch

Quote Originally Posted by House of Rao View Post

Bravo! Can't agree more!

Quote Originally Posted by 13th Superman View Post
    Yeah? Then why not cloned from Paul Westfield with DNA altered to mimic Kryptonian who would grow into other powers as he got older. I mean that was his original origin or is Weissman a Paul Westfield hater too? If you're that adamant about his original powers than why not just stick with the original origin or are you just cherry picking? Ttk was important due to the fact at the time he wasn't a direct clone of Superman but an approximation. They needed it to approximate Superman's three major powers of flight, super strength, and invulnerability. That's what really made that power unique and important. It took a backseat with John's reboot as Conner gained all Kryptonian powers like flight, super strength, super speed, invulnerability, heat vision, and freeze breath. The minute he gained actual flight powers, actual super strength and invulnerability, the main reason for the tk field, the power became redundant. At the time of the show, this was the current version of Superboy. Weissman streamlined and adapted this version for HIS universe. If it was still the Kesel origin, then yeah I'm sure he would include the power since there would be purpose for it.

I loved what he did though. He clearly researched the comics and made his own iteration. The times where he found that he didn't have heat vision or flight was clearly parallel to when Superboy in the comics discovered he didn't have the vision powers or immunity to energy at the time. His inability to age, the discovery of his origin and Match (who is an amalgam of Match and the Bizarro Superboy Packard created as his first attempt) as well as the length of time it took Superman to welcome him to his family makes me really impressed with how he cobbled this version of Conner. He keeps taking beatings because he can. He can stand up to it better and longer than anyone on the team. Vandal Savage even comments that he would be the only one who could give them problems. The second season of YJ showcased his maturity and determination. This was a guy who clearly came a long way from his beginnings. No matter what comes his way, he always pushes on and that's always been Conner in a nutshell no matter what version.
    You're so right! Once you really think about it Weissman really respected Superboy's comic history in a big way.....I might even say he respected it more than almost all the other young heroes in some way. He did say that he thought that Superboy would be the "breakout character" of the show when he was interviewed. He is the sort of writer that I love to read, a guy who pays respect to what came before him in his own way, but he doesn't let what came before him take away from his vision and direction for the story and character.

I say it a lot but you just really reassured it: YJ is by far my favorite Superboy hands down!!