Page 4 of 40 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 590
  1. #46
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,025

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    Which villains do you want to see in this upcoming series?

    I would love for Superman villains like Metallo or Atlas to appear in this series to give Superboy a good run for his money.
    Maybe, but what would they be doing in Smallville?

    I would also love to see Preus appear in the comic and see what he thinks of Superboy.
    I thought Preus was pretty cool. Sadly he and all the stories between Birthright and OYl will be forgotten.

    Also, in the last 6th issue of Adventure comics, wasn't it hinted that Braniac and Luthor had created a new clone for Luthor?
    Yeah and they hinted this character would be showing up soon...

    I kind of hope Simon doesn't go evil. It's just trite at this point. I think he could make a mini-Doc Savage kind of character, and a more brainy sidekick to Conner. I liked seeing him with the fancy gadgets in that 10 page preview.

    I rather not see any sexual tension between Lori Luthor and Conner. ....Just no.

    And I absolutely DO NOT want to see meteor freaks like in Smallville.

  2. #47
    once and future
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    'stralia
    Posts
    1,241

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    Which villains do you want to see in this upcoming series?

    I would love for Superman villains like Metallo or Atlas to appear in this series to give Superboy a good run for his money.

    I would also love to see Preus appear in the comic and see what he thinks of Superboy.

    Also, in the last 6th issue of Adventure comics, wasn't it hinted that Braniac and Luthor had created a new clone for Luthor?
    It'd be cool to see King Shark and maybe some supernatural stuff, seeing as how Phantom Stranger is gonna be in the neighborhood. I'd love to see Kon face Klarion the Witchboy (he actually did in YJ). Maybe Lobo. Always up for some Lobo. I'm also looking forward to that Braniac-Luthor clone, it seemed to be female, but other then that nothing has been revealed. Haven't read Preus before, but it seems that he'd just be pissed at Conner for being mixed human like the other Ks in WONK?

  3. #48
    Veteran Member AdamYJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Latham, NY
    Posts
    7,619

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Neutrino View Post
    It'd be cool to see King Shark and maybe some supernatural stuff, seeing as how Phantom Stranger is gonna be in the neighborhood. I'd love to see Kon face Klarion the Witchboy (he actually did in YJ). Maybe Lobo. Always up for some Lobo. I'm also looking forward to that Braniac-Luthor clone, it seemed to be female, but other then that nothing has been revealed. Haven't read Preus before, but it seems that he'd just be pissed at Conner for being mixed human like the other Ks in WONK?
    King Shark? I think it might be a little strange for a Hawaiian shark god to show up in a place as landlocked as Smallville, Kansas. Which of his old enemies would work in this setting? Scavenger, maybe.

  4. #49
    once and future
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    'stralia
    Posts
    1,241

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamYJ View Post
    King Shark? I think it might be a little strange for a Hawaiian shark god to show up in a place as landlocked as Smallville, Kansas. Which of his old enemies would work in this setting? Scavenger, maybe.
    Hehe. Yeah. But I just luuuuv King Shark. Scavenger never really interested me, none of his stories were all that compelling imo. Besides, it feels like Kon could just take him down in one punch. Same with KS, but at least it'd be funny.

  5. #50
    Elder Member Free-Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    27,275

    Default

    She's not much of a villain, but Pele.

    And I know chances of it happening are slim to none, but I'd love to see him hang out with or at least acknowledge the existence of Hero Cruz and Aura.

    Interesting bit from Comic-Con on Young Justice:
    A second clip was also screened. Superman informs the League that there's been an explosion at Project Cadmus. The kids are told to stay behind while the adults take care of it, but they decide to investigate anyway. They infiltrate a lab of some kind. The scene picks up the pace with quick cuts as the young heroes engage in Mission: Impossible-esque acts of espionage. Suddenly the Justice League shows up, dropping from the sky -- Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Superman, Hawkwoman, Captain Marvel and others. And then… Superboy/Connor suddenly awakens in the lab and flies towards screen. End of clip.
    Nice to see they're keeping ties to Cadmus. And apparently the Guardian is going to be in the show as well.

  6. #51
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,025

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Free-Man View Post
    She's not much of a villain, but Pele.

    And I know chances of it happening are slim to none, but I'd love to see him hang out with or at least acknowledge the existence of Hero Cruz and Aura.

    Interesting bit from Comic-Con on Young Justice:


    Nice to see they're keeping ties to Cadmus. And apparently the Guardian is going to be in the show as well.
    It would be kind of cool if the Death of Superman movie was canon, and that one cameo of the teenager clone is Conner.

  7. #52
    Elder Member Free-Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    27,275

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Saxon View Post
    It would be kind of cool if the Death of Superman movie was canon, and that one cameo of the teenager clone is Conner.
    It actually would be. I'm interested to see if they do try and tie Superman's demise to Conner's origin.

  8. #53
    Elder Member Free-Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    27,275

    Default

    Just found another teensy bit of info from the pannel.
    Superboy (Connor Kent): He looks like he's 16 years old but he's actually only 16 weeks old and newly cloned. He'll eventually take the name Connor Kent. This is a new interpretation of the character that will be true to his origins. The producers feel that he may be the breakout star of the show.
    I hope that means they'll keep the Tactile-Telekinesis powers.
    Last edited by Free-Man; 10-10-2010 at 01:27 PM.

  9. #54
    Hated and Feared NewMutant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    8,141

    Default

    I'm loving the cover to Superboy #3!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Superboy-3.jpg  
    My Canon > Your Canon

  10. #55
    once and future
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    'stralia
    Posts
    1,241

    Default

    Great cover, loving the whole January covers thing.

  11. #56
    Veteran Member AdamYJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Latham, NY
    Posts
    7,619

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    I'm loving the cover to Superboy #3!
    It's a nice cover, but I've never cared for that red and black S-shield.

  12. #57
    Elder Member Free-Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    27,275

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamYJ View Post
    It's a nice cover, but I've never cared for that red and black S-shield.
    I love it. It's a nice contrast to the one worn by the older Superman. And since he'll be wearing it in his TV debut, I'm guessing DC wants to exclusively associate it with him.

  13. #58
    Veteran Member AdamYJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Latham, NY
    Posts
    7,619

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Free-Man View Post
    I love it. It's a nice contrast to the one worn by the older Superman. And since he'll be wearing it in his TV debut, I'm guessing DC wants to exclusively associate it with him.
    People seem to like it. It's been a thing that's popped up since Kingdom Come. However, it just seems a little dark to me. I know I might be the only one, but I kind of see the combination of red and black as sort of being "horror colors". Black like night and red like blood. Also, because having those colors on the shield has always been associated with horrible events (the Kingdom Come thing, what happened to Topeka in Our Worlds at War, etc). Also, I think the red and yellow one would be preferrable on Superboy because the colors would "pop" against the black shirt.

    But, to each their own.

  14. #59

    Default

    I looooved the Zero Hour issue where he met the Pre-Crisis Superboy.



    And Knockout. Best dysfunctional relationship ever. I love that she called him "Pup".




    And, God help me, I even liked Superboy and the Ravers. Less so when Paul Pelletier was replaced with a less talented (IMO, natch) artist.


  15. #60
    U got me str8 trippin boo nj06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    4,975

    Default

    Did Superboy and Knockout ever actually sleep with one another or no?
    "With Knowledge we built a city to rival heaven."

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •