Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR: The CBR Review: "HALO: Reach"

"Halo: Reach" for the Xbox 360 is impressive, featuring changes to the menu, extensive customization options, robust campaign and multiplayer modes making this the cream of the FPS crop for the year.

Full article here.

Yeah, it's the cream of the crop for FPS's considering Call of Duty and Medal of Honor aren't even out yet....

Quote Originally Posted by froinlaven View Post
    Yeah, it's the cream of the crop for FPS's considering Call of Duty and Medal of Honor aren't even out yet....
    I'm looking forward to MoH but I thinl Black Ops is going to suck. I haven't been impressed with Treyarch's efforts. As for Halo:Reach, it's incredible, it has the scope and MP elements of Halo 3, but it feels much more like Halo: Combat Evolved .
    Black Panther eats pizza, we eat pizza!

After the debacle of MW2, most FPS are going to be just about as awful. MW2 is a glitch and cheating fest, while Reach is nothing more than the same game they built 7 years ago. Reach multiplayer is a joke. The only Slayer matches that anyone will vote for is Sniper or SWAT, because they can get their instant headshots while only a fraction of one pixel of their head appears on the landscape. In order to counteract the instant sniping you can...jump your way across the board! The camping in MW2 was a joke, but it is 100% worse in Halo, especially when in a Sniper or SWAT match.

I only hope that they take COD4 and take all that they did right in that game when they make Black Ops.

Quote Originally Posted by alemander View Post
    After the debacle of MW2, most FPS are going to be just about as awful. MW2 is a glitch and cheating fest, while Reach is nothing more than the same game they built 7 years ago. Reach multiplayer is a joke. The only Slayer matches that anyone will vote for is Sniper or SWAT, because they can get their instant headshots while only a fraction of one pixel of their head appears on the landscape. In order to counteract the instant sniping you can...jump your way across the board! The camping in MW2 was a joke, but it is 100% worse in Halo, especially when in a Sniper or SWAT match.

I only hope that they take COD4 and take all that they did right in that game when they make Black Ops.
    That hasn't been my experience at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon McKinnis View Post
    That hasn't been my experience at all.
    Same here. I found that people listen to each other and come to decision together.

Quote Originally Posted by rawhidekid View Post
    Same here. I found that people listen to each other and come to decision together.
    Yea I've found people are much more tolerable than in Halo 2 and to some extent 3. Plus there are filters to avoid obnoxious players.

As for the game mechanics gripe; Maybe he just isn't very good, it's pretty easy to avoid campers.