Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 133
  1. #1
    Mild-Mannered Reporter
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    28,916

    Default CBR: Marvel's Illuminati Returns

    Marvel Comics' Illuminati returns in "Avengers" #8 with one new face added to the mix and one original member apparently abstaining from the reunion according to a just-released teaser image.


    Full article here.

  2. #2
    Senior Member Push You Down's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    2,524

    Default

    eff that fishman.

  3. #3
    Senior Member classicgmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    4,945

    Default

    3 thoughts really quick



    #1 It makes perfect sense that Medusa is replacing Black Bolt as representative of the inhumans seeing as how he's either dead or MIA (that and she's most likely in posession of the Space gem.) and she now rules the Inhumans & Kree.





    #2 This teaser Image should pretty much put the rumors to rest that Dr. Strange is gonna end up biting the big one in the current magic arc in NA (I still say it's most likely gonna be Dr. Vodoo who ends up dying if somebody is in fact not gonna make it out of that arc alive.)


    #3 Can John Romita Jr please go away from this book? I respect the guy as a legend for all his past accomplishments BUT it's simply just not working out for me (and quite a few others as well I'd guess).........Just look at how he drew Strange's face on this teaser

  4. #4
    Senior Member Mundungus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    1,928

    Default

    Hey, Professor X gets something to do.

  5. #5
    Senior Member PaxHouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,703

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mundungus View Post
    Hey, Professor X gets something to do.
    Of course, Prof X gets to do something......after all, he wasn't allow to do much on Utopia (especially with Cyclops in charge).

  6. #6
    Senior Member classicgmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    4,945

    Default

    Can't belive I only just noticed that Namor is probably gonna be the one not showing up for the meeting (based on the teaser image anyhow) but it's no surprise that he's had his fill of illuminatis and cabals.

  7. #7
    Senior Member PaxHouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,703

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by classicgmer View Post
    Can't belive I only just noticed that Namor is probably gonna be the one not showing up for the meeting (based on the teaser image anyhow) but it's no surprise that he's had his fill of illuminatis and cabals.
    Plus, he has his own problems to deal with, from both his Atlantis Kingdom and (sometimes) Utopia.

  8. #8
    Senior Member Whim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,008

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by classicgmer View Post
    3 thoughts really quick



    #1 It makes perfect sense that Medusa is replacing Black Bolt as representative of the inhumans seeing as how he's either dead or MIA (that and she's most likely in posession of the Space gem.) and she now rules the Inhumans & Kree.





    #2 This teaser Image should pretty much put the rumors to rest that Dr. Strange is gonna end up biting the big one in the current magic arc in NA (I still say it's most likely gonna be Dr. Vodoo who ends up dying if somebody is in fact not gonna make it out of that arc alive.)


    #3 Can John Romita Jr please go away from this book? I respect the guy as a legend for all his past accomplishments BUT it's simply just not working out for me (and quite a few others as well I'd guess).........Just look at how he drew Strange's face on this teaser
    I disagree Medusa has been disinterested in Earth and anything not involving the Kree and her command lately. she doesn't fit.

  9. #9
    Elder Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    58,977

    Default

    I'm kind of disappointed that there will be no Namor (though I'm not all that surprised).

    Namor was my favorite guy in the group. He was a lot of fun to read, since he often was actually the voice of reason in a weird sort of way.

    Medusa swapping out Black Bolt makes perfect sense... though that's a huge drop powerwise for the group.

    With Strange depowered and no longer Sorcerer Supreme, Stark only just rebuilding his company and no longer the driving force behind the Avengers (that would likely be Steve), and Xavier no longer the driving force behind the X-Men, this is actually a very neutered Illuminati group in you think out it. It's sort of a shell of the former group.

  10. #10
    Senior Member classicgmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    4,945

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PaxHouse View Post
    Plus, he has his own problems to deal with, from both his Atlantis Kingdom and (sometimes) Utopia.




    Well so does Medusa as ruler of the inhumans but it still seems like she's gonna clear out some time on her schedule to go see what this group of people that her husband was meeting behind her back is all about. (at least thats my guess for part of the reason why she's showing up)


    Namor like I said earlier I think has just had enough of secret meetings and the what not and wants to make his people his # 1 and only priority right now. (and that means staying with the X-men for the time)

  11. #11
    Doesn't Want To See That! coconutphone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    15,941

    Default

    Grrrr.. I was thinking of dropping this after the current arc. Damn you Bendis and my love of the Illuminati!!
    Schmitty's Evil Twin.

  12. #12

    Default

    I thought the first series was about the sin of hubris.

    I would have thought the experience taught them something.

    Apparently not.

  13. #13
    Senior Member classicgmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    4,945

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Whim View Post
    I disagree Medusa has been disinterested in Earth and anything not involving the Kree and her command lately. she doesn't fit.



    Like I said a couple posts above I think she's at least interested in whats so special about this group of individuals Black Bolt was sneaking off to meet in the middle of the night. I also think that she's coming because they requested she come because they knew she most likely has possession of the space gem.
    Last edited by classicgmer; 09-17-2010 at 11:17 AM.

  14. #14
    Futurist Detective TonyStark1012's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    New Orleans, La
    Posts
    9,402

    Default

    Cannot wait! I loved the Illuminati. I was hoping they would get back together to talk about the gems. Hell, I would get it even if they just got together to talk about what they been through since they last meet.
    "That's not just "one man"! That's TONY FREAKING STARK. You're intel should've warned us that he was James Bond and "Q" wrapped in the same guy!" Cobra

  15. #15
    Junior Member Calbretto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    214

    Default

    You have my attention, Bendis.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •