Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR: Marvel's Illuminati Returns

Marvel Comics' Illuminati returns in "Avengers" #8 with one new face added to the mix and one original member apparently abstaining from the reunion according to a just-released teaser image.

Full article here.

eff that fishman.

3 thoughts really quick

#1 It makes perfect sense that Medusa is replacing Black Bolt as representative of the inhumans seeing as how he's either dead or MIA (that and she's most likely in posession of the Space gem.) and she now rules the Inhumans & Kree.

#2 This teaser Image should pretty much put the rumors to rest that Dr. Strange is gonna end up biting the big one in the current magic arc in NA (I still say it's most likely gonna be Dr. Vodoo who ends up dying if somebody is in fact not gonna make it out of that arc alive.)

#3 Can John Romita Jr please go away from this book? I respect the guy as a legend for all his past accomplishments BUT it's simply just not working out for me (and quite a few others as well I'd guess).........Just look at how he drew Strange's face on this teaser

Hey, Professor X gets something to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Mundungus View Post
    Hey, Professor X gets something to do.
    Of course, Prof X gets to do something......after all, he wasn't allow to do much on Utopia (especially with Cyclops in charge).

Can't belive I only just noticed that Namor is probably gonna be the one not showing up for the meeting (based on the teaser image anyhow) but it's no surprise that he's had his fill of illuminatis and cabals.

Quote Originally Posted by classicgmer View Post
    Can't belive I only just noticed that Namor is probably gonna be the one not showing up for the meeting (based on the teaser image anyhow) but it's no surprise that he's had his fill of illuminatis and cabals.
    Plus, he has his own problems to deal with, from both his Atlantis Kingdom and (sometimes) Utopia.

Quote Originally Posted by classicgmer View Post
    3 thoughts really quick

#1 It makes perfect sense that Medusa is replacing Black Bolt as representative of the inhumans seeing as how he's either dead or MIA (that and she's most likely in posession of the Space gem.) and she now rules the Inhumans & Kree.

#2 This teaser Image should pretty much put the rumors to rest that Dr. Strange is gonna end up biting the big one in the current magic arc in NA (I still say it's most likely gonna be Dr. Vodoo who ends up dying if somebody is in fact not gonna make it out of that arc alive.)

#3 Can John Romita Jr please go away from this book? I respect the guy as a legend for all his past accomplishments BUT it's simply just not working out for me (and quite a few others as well I'd guess).........Just look at how he drew Strange's face on this teaser
    I disagree Medusa has been disinterested in Earth and anything not involving the Kree and her command lately. she doesn't fit.

I'm kind of disappointed that there will be no Namor (though I'm not all that surprised).

Namor was my favorite guy in the group. He was a lot of fun to read, since he often was actually the voice of reason in a weird sort of way.

Medusa swapping out Black Bolt makes perfect sense... though that's a huge drop powerwise for the group.

With Strange depowered and no longer Sorcerer Supreme, Stark only just rebuilding his company and no longer the driving force behind the Avengers (that would likely be Steve), and Xavier no longer the driving force behind the X-Men, this is actually a very neutered Illuminati group in you think out it. It's sort of a shell of the former group.

Quote Originally Posted by PaxHouse View Post
    Plus, he has his own problems to deal with, from both his Atlantis Kingdom and (sometimes) Utopia.

Well so does Medusa as ruler of the inhumans but it still seems like she's gonna clear out some time on her schedule to go see what this group of people that her husband was meeting behind her back is all about. (at least thats my guess for part of the reason why she's showing up)

Namor like I said earlier I think has just had enough of secret meetings and the what not and wants to make his people his # 1 and only priority right now. (and that means staying with the X-men for the time)

Doesn't Want To See That! coconutphone's Avatar

Grrrr.. I was thinking of dropping this after the current arc. Damn you Bendis and my love of the Illuminati!!
    Schmitty's Evil Twin.

I thought the first series was about the sin of hubris.

I would have thought the experience taught them something.

Apparently not.

Quote Originally Posted by Whim View Post
    I disagree Medusa has been disinterested in Earth and anything not involving the Kree and her command lately. she doesn't fit.

Like I said a couple posts above I think she's at least interested in whats so special about this group of individuals Black Bolt was sneaking off to meet in the middle of the night. I also think that she's coming because they requested she come because they knew she most likely has possession of the space gem.
    Last edited by classicgmer; 09-17-2010 at 11:17 AM.

Futurist Detective TonyStark1012's Avatar

Cannot wait! I loved the Illuminati. I was hoping they would get back together to talk about the gems. Hell, I would get it even if they just got together to talk about what they been through since they last meet.
    "That's not just "one man"! That's TONY FREAKING STARK. You're intel should've warned us that he was James Bond and "Q" wrapped in the same guy!" Cobra

You have my attention, Bendis.