Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR: Huston Calls Bullseye to the Mound

The assassin Bullseye is known for his wicked throwing arm and in "Bullseye: Perfect Game," he'll give it a workout as he infiltrates the world of Major League Baseball. Charlie Huston spoke with us about the book.

Full article here.

Elder Member

That's a fantastic looking cover. Looks like Bradstreet really got up for the chance to draw something other than the Punsher staring menacingly and pointing a gun at the "camera."

Bullseye: Greatest Hits II.

Um, he was a baseball pitcher. Played in the minors, then got called up to the majors. He was about to pitch a no-hitter when he (purposely) killed a batter with a (not so) errant pitch. Got barred from the majors, charged with manslaughter, and was eventually recruited by the government as an assassin.

I'm not the only one who remembers this, right? Because from the sound of what Huston says, no one at Marvel does.
    Robert Eddleman
    Panels on Pages

san francisco - the free range twink farm

Character was jobbed for a subpar DD on a exceedingly subpar event (shadowland).

In other words, like Sabretooth and his Muramasa blade jobbing, he deserves better.

Attn: Marvel: Your heroes are mostly uninteresting. I read the issues largely for the villains (and the fashion, but that's for another thread). You keep killing them off and introducing nothing new in their place. This doesn't wash with me.

Chi-Town's Finest JurassicParkIsAnAwesomeMovie's Avatar

This looks pretty cool. I want to see him knock Magneto out on his ass, it looks like he will be.
    CHICAGO BEARS 2011: 1-1

Quote Originally Posted by rwe1138 View Post
    Um, he was a baseball pitcher. Played in the minors, then got called up to the majors. He was about to pitch a no-hitter when he (purposely) killed a batter with a (not so) errant pitch. Got barred from the majors, charged with manslaughter, and was eventually recruited by the government as an assassin.

I'm not the only one who remembers this, right? Because from the sound of what Huston says, no one at Marvel does.
    Yup, I remember. Was going to mention it when I saw you already had.

I must say... That art is gorgeous. The lines are plain and clean. I'll have to look into this Shawn Martinbrough fella's work.

Quote Originally Posted by eShonborn View Post
    Yup, I remember. Was going to mention it when I saw you already had.
    Ehh... Continuity-schmontinuity.

That, and Bullseye's got all kinds of resources. In a world of image inducers and shapeshifters, I'm sure that--even taking his history into account--Huston can easily sci-fi some sort of way for Bullseye to get in without being caught at the door.

I'm looking forward to it.
    Locke & Key, Saga, Thief of Thieves

Um, he was a baseball pitcher...

One of the great things about Bullseye's Greatest Hits is that the ending called into question the veracity of any of Bullseye's past history as he related it, while at the same time providing a fairly interesting and plausible backstory for the character if you chose to believe he was telling the truth.

That's one of the things that was crappy about the Dark Reign: Hawkeye story, was bringing back Bullseye's "dad" and actually definitively making it his dad.

Of course, since that did happen, I suppose it's very likely that Bullseye was telling the truth about his minor league days. I don't see how it would detract from this story, though, in any case.

Unless you're referring to how he gets into the major leagues, in which case I'd say that isn't an issue; a) presumably the government erased his past history or whitewashed it somewhat, considering how little info anyone has on Bullseye and his past currently, and b) I seriously doubt he's going to try getting into the major leagues under his real identity anyway.

Futurist Detective TonyStark1012's Avatar

Can't wait! Bullseye is one of the all time greatest characters and villains.
    "That's not just "one man"! That's TONY FREAKING STARK. You're intel should've warned us that he was James Bond and "Q" wrapped in the same guy!" Cobra

I would have preferred Bullseye as a football quarterback, trying to peg a receiver between the eyes, but baseball's alright.

I'm a fan of recycling and all, but hasn't Marvel covered this already...?

BANNED

Bullseye is one of the villains i love to hate. Looking forward to this.

And as already said, Greatest Hits is ambiguous, Bullseye could of made all that shit up just for kicks. That's the kind of guy he is and it's why i like him.

This looks fun. I'm looking forward to it.

The Livewire

Not caring about continuity, I might get this just for the amusement factor.

Bonus points if he calls a pitch his 'fastball special'