Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR: Pipeline - Sep 14, 2010

If a publisher releases a book and nobody notices, is it bad news for Humanoids? How long should a company wait to release a trade? Finally, take a trip back to 2005 with Augie to see what was hot 5 years ago.

Full article here.

Default Incal in the new previews

I noticed in the latest previews that Humanoids solicited a collected edition of the Incal by Moebius and Joderowsky. 300pgs or so. I had to order it even if it it had a $100 cover. I went to their site and noticed several photographs of the I am Legion book so I would disagree about the lack of information.

DC's always been terrible about releasing TPBs. All Star Superman took something like 16-18 months to come out in TPB (though it did get released a bit faster in HC, but that was still around 6 months wait).

My biggest annoyance was reading the last issue of Daytripper, a really touching issue, and getting hit in the face by an ad every 2 or 3 pages. They couldn't be clumped together a bit more and let the story breathe? I spent $30 to support the guys as the book comes out and need make and effort to ignore the ads when I could have picked up the TPB for $13.50 on Amazon. That just reminds me why I wait for the trade.

Amazon doesn't even have a listing for the I am Legion HC, and I really doubt my LCS will even get it. Kind of a shame as I've been waiting years to read past the first issue.

Not much to add on DC's TPB front, but you're right... a collection (HC first is fine) should be out just a month or so after the issues being collected have shipped. The policy may be a backlash against Marvel's tendency a few years ago to release a hardcover in the same week as the last issue being collected, which also didn't go over well IIRC.
    Last edited by Johnson!; 09-15-2010 at 08:11 AM. Reason: not so interested in the I am Legend HC

Quote Originally Posted by Syzlak View Post
    I noticed in the latest previews that Humanoids solicited a collected edition of the Incal by Moebius and Joderowsky. 300pgs or so. I had to order it even if it it had a $100 cover. I went to their site and noticed several photographs of the I am Legion book so I would disagree about the lack of information.
    I'm guessing you saw the blog of Bob Silva, the Humanoids USA E-I-C. That's nice, if you can find it. But when you want information on a specific comic, the publisher's web site should have a page dedicated to it that has more than just a cover image and a promotional blurb. You shouldn't have to go to the editor's blog for that. Basics -- page count, format, price. Those should be on the standard web page.

Glad to hear they're advertising in PREVIEWS, though...

-Augie