Page 6 of 399 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 5974
  1. #76
    RITA's punching bag nervmeister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    8,758

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oblivion87 View Post
    If Ichigo loses his Shingami powers he'll probably get them back somehow, or he'll just have to rely on his Hollow Powers entirely from now on.
    **see my earlier post**
    Last edited by nervmeister; 09-17-2010 at 12:16 PM.
    Declared a king among men by Black atom: 5/11/07
    Given a cool award, an awesome award, and the keys to the internet: 11/8/06
    Won thread:5/15/07
    Won a cool award: 6/28/07
    Won post of the year: 7/6/07


    Quote Originally Posted by DABishop View Post
    In addition to having the worst life ever, having everyone he meets get brutally raped and/or killed, and being constantly hunted by demons, Guts also has the world's ugliest baby.

    Congrats Guts, your life sucks.

  2. #77
    Demonic Seraph Jacksane19's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Midwest, USA
    Posts
    359

    Default

    Two quick thoughts:


    1) If Aizen dies, the Hogyoku will simply inhabit someone else or open a portal to the King's Realm (since its power is supposed to be epic) and try to inhabit someone there.

    2) If Ichigo loses his powers he'll either have Orihime restore them, or he'll have to do some kind of intense training to restore them.

  3. #78
    The Could-Have-Been King Ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Land of Lagom.
    Posts
    32,031

    Default

    Ichigo evolved into Ninjachigo!

    Quote Originally Posted by MKTerra View Post
    Why does Ichigo even need to pull out the final Getsuga Tenshou at this point? He was spanking Aizen handily without it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sound Silence View Post
    He wants to utterly curbstomp him. Utterly. With much overkill.
    "Totally worth it."
    "This doesn't look easy. But I bet it is!"
    -Homer Simpson

    "Optimism through stalwart skepticism is a defect not everyone is lucky enough to be cursed with."
    -Homestuck

  4. #79

    Default

    Hey guys, new chapter of Uninvited Guest is up

    http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3505858/37/

    Suffice to say, Aizen certainly knows how to make the power of plot work for him.

  5. #80
    Oglio p'ru çeu Vaiyt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1,709

    Arrow

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    The truth of the Yammy matter is that he can't actually move in his second transformation. His muscles are just too freaking huge. He's basically turned himself into a giant meat wall.

    So there's no fight in Hueco Mundo anymore.

    Kenpachi is too busy laughing his ass off at Yammy's expense.
    Byakuya's frozen solid as his noble person his fighting it out with his instincts to follow Kenpachi's example.
    Mayuri is occupied ordering Nemu around as she calmly cuts out chunks of Yammy's flesh.
    To top it off, Yammy keeps getting angrier, and thus bigger. When Ichigo's fight ends, we'll find out that he's become bigger than a mountain. So they'll have to put him out of his misery before he makes Hueco Mundo collapse under his weight.
    Quote Originally Posted by sarahtheboring, at LJ, on the subject of LotR fanfiction
    At this point, if they hooked up a generator to Prof. Tolkien's grave, the spinning would power half of Europe.

    It's like hydroelectric power, only evil. ;)
    http://www.unsolvedmysteries.com/usm393671.html

  6. #81
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    318

    Default

    Maybe I missed it, but I'm surprised nobody has touched on this yet.

    Obviously, this is how Isshin lost his powers and he regained them somehow, which means there is a way for Ichigo to as well...

    Although, I have to wonder, what kind of threat did Isshin have to stop that required him to go to such extremes?

  7. #82
    Demonic Seraph Jacksane19's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Midwest, USA
    Posts
    359

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by betrayed View Post
    Maybe I missed it, but I'm surprised nobody has touched on this yet.

    Obviously, this is how Isshin lost his powers and he regained them somehow, which means there is a way for Ichigo to as well...

    Although, I have to wonder, what kind of threat did Isshin have to stop that required him to go to such extremes?
    yeah, I thought about each of those things.

    I find the second one particularly interesting. That would make for a decent Filler in the anime.

  8. #83
    Cruel and Unusual Sound Silence's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    10,627

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by betrayed View Post
    Maybe I missed it, but I'm surprised nobody has touched on this yet.

    Obviously, this is how Isshin lost his powers and he regained them somehow, which means there is a way for Ichigo to as well...

    Although, I have to wonder, what kind of threat did Isshin have to stop that required him to go to such extremes?
    Not to mention what division/rank he was and when. I suspect it went down over 100 years ago, since we didn't see him in the Turn Back the Pendulum arc, though it's possible that at that time he simply wasn't important enough to be seen or mentioned.

    I have a theory that he was a member of 4th Division, explaining why he became a doctor in the human world.

  9. #84
    I miss my daughter NickGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,598

    Default

    isshin is awesome. thats all i really have to add to this convo
    "i love you daddy" and all of a sudden it's the best day of my life

  10. #85
    Cruel and Unusual Sound Silence's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    10,627

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NickGuy View Post
    isshin is awesome. thats all i really have to add to this convo
    Definitely one of the more awesome dad's in manga. Right up there with Maes Hughes.

  11. #86
    CBR Dark Tourny Master Robotech Master's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    On an Abh Battleship, somewhere in the Aptic System
    Posts
    5,060

    Default

    spoilers:

    Ichigo uses Mugetsu. Aizen is overwhelmed. When it is over, Aizen is severly weakened, but not dead. Ichigo is beginning to lose strength. He heads over to Aizen to finish him off, but loses his Shinigami powers before he can finish the job.

    Aizen says this is his victory. His body slowly begins to recover. His sword disapears, and Aizen says it is because the Hogyoku has determined that Ichigo has become so far beneath him that his sword is not necessary here. Before Aizen can attack, beams of light stab his chest.

    Urahara is attacking Aizen with Kido. The chant is meant to actually follow up on the previous binding Kido he placed on Aizen back during their fight in fake Karakura town. The intent of the Kido is to seal Aizen and the Hogyouku, since it appears the Hogyouku will not allow Aizen to die.

    Aizen gloats that such a Kido will not work on someone as evolved as him. Suddenly his body begins to break apart, and Aizen's face is restored to his Shinigami form. He is surprised, but Urahara says that Aizen was weakened so much from the attack that now the Hogyouku doesn't recognize him as its full master anymore.

    Aizen and Urahara talk; Aizen says something to the fact of hating Urahara for his inactivity, saying that someone with his brilliance should have been doing more. This leads to talk about the spirit King and his importance to Soul Society. After one last angry exchange Aizen is sealed away by Urahara.

    So it sounds like the next arc is probably "stop Aizen from being released Arc."
    end of spoilers
    "It's your parting gift. In that it will part you; part of you over here, part of you over there, part of you way over there, staining the wall!" Lord Shen

  12. #87
    Anti-Matter Eyes Eternal Torment's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Somewhere in Canada
    Posts
    22,894

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Robotech Master View Post
    spoilers:

    Ichigo uses Mugetsu. Aizen is overwhelmed. When it is over, Aizen is severly weakened, but not dead. Ichigo is beginning to lose strength. He heads over to Aizen to finish him off, but loses his Shinigami powers before he can finish the job.

    Aizen says this is his victory. His body slowly begins to recover. His sword disapears, and Aizen says it is because the Hogyoku has determined that Ichigo has become so far beneath him that his sword is not necessary here. Before Aizen can attack, beams of light stab his chest.

    Urahara is attacking Aizen with Kido. The chant is meant to actually follow up on the previous binding Kido he placed on Aizen back during their fight in fake Karakura town. The intent of the Kido is to seal Aizen and the Hogyouku, since it appears the Hogyouku will not allow Aizen to die.

    Aizen gloats that such a Kido will not work on someone as evolved as him. Suddenly his body begins to break apart, and Aizen's face is restored to his Shinigami form. He is surprised, but Urahara says that Aizen was weakened so much from the attack that now the Hogyouku doesn't recognize him as its full master anymore.

    Aizen and Urahara talk; Aizen says something to the fact of hating Urahara for his inactivity, saying that someone with his brilliance should have been doing more. This leads to talk about the spirit King and his importance to Soul Society. After one last angry exchange Aizen is sealed away by Urahara.

    So it sounds like the next arc is probably "stop Aizen from being released Arc."
    end of spoilers
    I've got a lot of questions now.

    Why did Ichigo even need to use Mugetsu? Was he trying to avoid a battle of attrition?

    Also, where has Aizen been sealed? Into another dimension along with the Hogyoku?
    Starlancer Flight: Morgan Valentine

  13. #88
    Cruel and Unusual Sound Silence's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    10,627

    Default

    At first I thought, "this is lame", but after seeing the chapter...it makes me actually interested.

    This actually brings back the "smart Aizen" and shows he had a bit more motivation (he kind got psycho there at the end...but it's interesting to know he had a bit more inspiration to take over everything than just "rar i want power"). It's more in line with his original characterization.

    I'm actually looking forward to what happens next.

  14. #89
    CBR Dark Tourny Master Robotech Master's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    On an Abh Battleship, somewhere in the Aptic System
    Posts
    5,060

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Torment View Post
    I've got a lot of questions now.

    Why did Ichigo even need to use Mugetsu? Was he trying to avoid a battle of attrition?

    Also, where has Aizen been sealed? Into another dimension along with the Hogyoku?

    Chapter out; so to answer at least one of your questions...well, kinda looks like he was sealed inside some long object; I don't know if he'll send that off somewhere next chapter though.

    The conversation about the Spirit King *really* interested me. Aizen's anger that a man of Kisuke's intellect would let that "thing" control him.

    ...

    Ten bucks says when Ichigo finds out what the Spirit King is and what it does/how it does it, he'll *agree* with Aizen that it needs to go, only he'll have a more heroic way of going about it.

    And for those who jokingly said Urahara would turn out to be a villain--under that scenario I just pondered, he could very well be, but an antagonist rather than an out and out villain--he'd be dead set on protecting the Spirit King from Ichigo who thinks that its a system that should get lost.

    I know I don't have a whole lot to go on here, but anything remotely like that I think would be a kickass arc.
    "It's your parting gift. In that it will part you; part of you over here, part of you over there, part of you way over there, staining the wall!" Lord Shen

  15. #90
    RITA's punching bag nervmeister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    8,758

    Default

    spoilers:
    EAT IT, TROLL! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I knew Urahara wasn't done, yet! How does it feel to get punked Aizen? HOW DOES IT FEEEEEEEEEEEEL! Nail that, you piece of s**t! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    end of spoilers

    **takes deep breath; calms down**

    Well, I must say that was a rather interesting turn of events.
    Last edited by nervmeister; 09-22-2010 at 04:21 PM.
    Declared a king among men by Black atom: 5/11/07
    Given a cool award, an awesome award, and the keys to the internet: 11/8/06
    Won thread:5/15/07
    Won a cool award: 6/28/07
    Won post of the year: 7/6/07


    Quote Originally Posted by DABishop View Post
    In addition to having the worst life ever, having everyone he meets get brutally raped and/or killed, and being constantly hunted by demons, Guts also has the world's ugliest baby.

    Congrats Guts, your life sucks.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •