Page 53 of 399 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103153 ... LastLast
Results 781 to 795 of 5974
  1. #781
    Senior Member Fast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    4,362

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wolvie616 View Post
    so is it bad that I actually have been enjoying bleach?
    I enjoy it as well and sure it has its flaws but everything does if you really want to nitpick.

    So yeah its fine.

    EDIT: It appears I merely repeated everything Dark Soul said just not as well...oh well its worht repeating.

  2. #782
    Swedish Shinigami Dark Soul # 7's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Stockholm in Sweden
    Posts
    15,760

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Robotech Master View Post
    The problem with the previous arc was transition. As in, there were none.

    Kubo's intent--it seems to me--was for the finale against Ulquiorra to cap off the Hueco Mundo arc, with the concept of then launching into the Fake Karakura Town material as if it were its own arc. In other words, the whole War and the Deicide part was supposed to be its own arc, separate from the Hueco Mundo business, but the transition between them is little more than Ichigo getting the briefest respite ever (healing *while* running to the next fight) and getting there. It all felt like just another add on to the Hueco Mundo arc, which makes it feel like forever and a half.
    I'd actually say that if there's any point of transition it would be Turn Back the Pendulum. It took us away from the previous arc and set up things for next one.

    I'd guess that Ichigo vs. Ulquiorra was a part of the Fake Karakura town arc, since the war had already started at that point. Which sort of make sense since the first part of the F.K. arc was focused on the fall of the espada, at least the strongest ones.

  3. #783
    Swedish Shinigami Dark Soul # 7's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Stockholm in Sweden
    Posts
    15,760

    Default

    Episode 303 of the anime is a nice little new years celebration with two stories. One funny with the shinigami being plain silly and one touching with Orihime, Rukia and Renji.

    Also... kimono wearing Orihime!

    May anybody who says that Rukia and Orihime are enemies due to any feelings towards Ichigo get their e-mail flooded by spam-mail.

  4. #784
    Demonic Seraph Jacksane19's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Midwest, USA
    Posts
    359

    Default

    So what's everyone think of this Fullbring ability? Ginjo describes it as the ability to manipulate the "soul" of matter, and gives the example of manipulating a liquid to help him drink it. He then goes on to explain that it is also possible to alter the shape of a very familiar item.
    Add to that the fact that Chad has apparently been recruited by Ginjo as well. Chad's powers are largely unexplained, but they are said to be very similar to those of a hollow or arrancar. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I recall Chad saying something about the spirit of his grandfather flowing through his right arm. I know it sounded more like a metaphor, but it's possible that Chad's powers are some form of Fullbring. It's possible Chad is manipulating the soul of his grandfather's coin or possibly the soul of his own arms, although I admit the latter sounds somewhat silly. I can't explain, though, why Chad's powers would have grown once in Hueco Mundo, but not in Soul Society.
    Alternatively, the spirits in Orihime's hairpins could turn out to be an example of fullbring, although I'm personally hoping her powers are somehow related to the King's Realm.
    When you are suffering, know that I have betrayed you.

  5. #785
    CBR Dark Tourny Master Robotech Master's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    On an Abh Battleship, somewhere in the Aptic System
    Posts
    5,063

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jacksane19 View Post
    So what's everyone think of this Fullbring ability? Ginjo describes it as the ability to manipulate the "soul" of matter, and gives the example of manipulating a liquid to help him drink it. He then goes on to explain that it is also possible to alter the shape of a very familiar item.
    Add to that the fact that Chad has apparently been recruited by Ginjo as well. Chad's powers are largely unexplained, but they are said to be very similar to those of a hollow or arrancar. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I recall Chad saying something about the spirit of his grandfather flowing through his right arm. I know it sounded more like a metaphor, but it's possible that Chad's powers are some form of Fullbring. It's possible Chad is manipulating the soul of his grandfather's coin or possibly the soul of his own arms, although I admit the latter sounds somewhat silly. I can't explain, though, why Chad's powers would have grown once in Hueco Mundo, but not in Soul Society.
    Alternatively, the spirits in Orihime's hairpins could turn out to be an example of fullbring, although I'm personally hoping her powers are somehow related to the King's Realm.

    Their powers being related to full bring could make sense actually. Aizen said the Hogyouku still required that the person be somewhat capable of getting/doing something, it merely erased all the mortal restraints on you that were keeping you back. So if Orihime and Chad asked for power, and the Hogyouku granted them it, it couldn't just dump Shinigami powers on them; but they could become fullbring users since apparently its something certain humans can become.

    Chad, though, has always been mysteriously linked to Hollows, so I don't know. He did get stronger in Hueco Mundo after all.
    "It's your parting gift. In that it will part you; part of you over here, part of you over there, part of you way over there, staining the wall!" Lord Shen

  6. #786
    Swedish Shinigami Dark Soul # 7's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Stockholm in Sweden
    Posts
    15,760

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Robotech Master View Post
    Their powers being related to full bring could make sense actually. Aizen said the Hogyouku still required that the person be somewhat capable of getting/doing something, it merely erased all the mortal restraints on you that were keeping you back. So if Orihime and Chad asked for power, and the Hogyouku granted them it, it couldn't just dump Shinigami powers on them; but they could become fullbring users since apparently its something certain humans can become.

    Chad, though, has always been mysteriously linked to Hollows, so I don't know. He did get stronger in Hueco Mundo after all.
    Wasn't Orihime's powers at some point described as being Shinigami-esque?

  7. #787
    Cruel and Unusual Sound Silence's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    10,629

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Wasn't Orihime's powers at some point described as being Shinigami-esque?
    It's similar in that her powers are sealed in her hairpins like a zanpakuto.

  8. #788
    Senior Member Fast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    4,362

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fussloli View Post
    The correct phrasing would be, "I should always listen to you."
    Wait what are you talking about?

  9. #789
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    7,535

    Default



    Lolquiorra.

  10. #790
    Swedish Shinigami Dark Soul # 7's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Stockholm in Sweden
    Posts
    15,760

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Estrecca View Post
    --snip--

    Lolquiorra.
    The Lion actually looks pretty damn badass and the Kirby has an aura of cool.

    I also can't help but get a chuckle from the carebear.

  11. #791
    Cruel and Unusual Sound Silence's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    10,629

    Default

    I laughed at the Muppet Ulquiorra. Awesome.

  12. #792
    The Could-Have-Been King Ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Land of Lagom.
    Posts
    32,031

    Default

    Huh, so I wasn't the only one to consider the concept of a Hollow carebear?
    "This doesn't look easy. But I bet it is!"
    -Homer Simpson

    "Optimism through stalwart skepticism is a defect not everyone is lucky enough to be cursed with."
    -Homestuck

  13. #793
    Demonic Seraph Jacksane19's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Midwest, USA
    Posts
    359

    Default

    Does anyone else recall how long this arc and the next are supposed to be? Kubo's mentioned he intends to expand on Kenpachi's story, he's teased us with Kyouraku's bankai, Aizen's bankai, Yamamoto Genryusai's bankai, Unohana's bankai, and now this Resurreccion business for vizards. Plus the identity and motives of the Spirit King (Aizen said "Why do you allow yourself to be controlled by that THING").
    I'm afraid Kubo's either going to forget half of these things or cram them all together somewhere in one of the upcoming arcs.
    When you are suffering, know that I have betrayed you.

  14. #794
    Swedish Shinigami Dark Soul # 7's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Stockholm in Sweden
    Posts
    15,760

    Default

    You remember that cover page Kubo did a while back with some of the heroes as various monsters? Well the anime team decided to turn that into its own little dream episode.

    So get ready to meet Inoue the Pumpkin Ghost, Wolfman Hitsugaya, Ishida the anemic vampire, Renji the pirate (yep... pirate) and more. See if you can guess whos dream it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacksane19 View Post
    Does anyone else recall how long this arc and the next are supposed to be? Kubo's mentioned he intends to expand on Kenpachi's story, he's teased us with Kyouraku's bankai, Aizen's bankai, Yamamoto Genryusai's bankai, Unohana's bankai, and now this Resurreccion business for vizards. Plus the identity and motives of the Spirit King (Aizen said "Why do you allow yourself to be controlled by that THING").
    I'm afraid Kubo's either going to forget half of these things or cram them all together somewhere in one of the upcoming arcs.
    Kenpachi's story can be handled with a mid-battle flashback. The bankais will just be a part of the next giant battle. And the Spirit King buisness is most likely the final arc.

    I don't think it'll be a problem for him.

  15. #795
    CBR Dark Tourny Master Robotech Master's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    On an Abh Battleship, somewhere in the Aptic System
    Posts
    5,063

    Default

    Well, spoilers are out, though they aren't full corresponding to the raws, so some of it is guess work on my part:

    spoilers:

    Parts covered in written spoiler:

    Ginjou has something resembling a hollow hole. He says that he wants to restore Ichigo's Shinigami powers, and also that he'd like to become human again. Apparently the Full bring are the result of people being born after their parents survived an attack from hollows, creating some kind of anomaly. He seems to think the method would have worked for Isshin.

    Chad and Ichigo have a talk; Chad questions him about whether he wants to become a Shinigami again.

    Parts not covered but seen in Raw:

    Looks like Riruka has some power over her words. She opens her mouth and creates visibly seen letters that eventually spell out something like Bleach, and then she blushes all cute-like after Ichigo says something about this.
    end of spoilers
    "It's your parting gift. In that it will part you; part of you over here, part of you over there, part of you way over there, staining the wall!" Lord Shen

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •