Page 389 of 399 FirstFirst ... 289339379385386387388389390391392393 ... LastLast
Results 5,821 to 5,835 of 5974
  1. #5821

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jacksane19 View Post
    So any predictions on how she'll win/survive this fight? I doubt she's achieved bankai, and I doubt Kubo's going to reuse the whole Zanpakuto's full name excuse Renji got. Considering As Nodt beat Byakuya, I don't know what she can do to win.
    You know, people (from other forums) keep bringing this up as reasons for why Rukia won't win. Aren't you all forgetting that As Nodt was using Byakuya's bankai against him? That was hardly a fair fight. Even Zommari would win if given access to Byakuya's bankai and Byakuya was prevented from using his. Currently As Nodt doesn't have the bankai.

    And I wouldn't say she definitely doesn't have a bankai. Urahara's three day bankai anyone? Add in Royal Guard training and I could see Rukia winning this.
    Last edited by burninganimefan357; 01-30-2014 at 01:56 PM.

  2. #5822
    Swedish Shinigami Dark Soul # 7's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Stockholm in Sweden
    Posts
    15,754

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by burninganimefan357 View Post
    You know, people (from other forums) keep bringing this up as reasons for why Rukia won't win. Aren't you all forgetting that As Nodt was using Byakuya's bankai against him? That was hardly a fair fight. Even Zommari would win if given access to Byakuya's bankai and Byakuya was prevented from using his. Currently As Nodt doesn't have the bankai.
    He still has his vollständig though and generally seemed to be able to keep up with Byakuya when in terms of speed.
    Quote Originally Posted by burninganimefan357 View Post
    And I wouldn't say she definitely doesn't have a bankai. Urahara's three day bankai anyone? Add in Royal Guard training and I could see Rukia winning this.
    I'd very much like to believe that zero division has a better method for activating a person's bankai than Urahara's three day method.

    Rukia will probably win. I just hope that Äs Nödt gets a good showing and makes her work for it.

  3. #5823

    Default

    Y'know, it occurs to me that, as someone from a royal line with tons of natural power and training out the wazoo, Byakuya might never have actually felt that much real fear in his life so he would be extraordinarily vulnerable to artificially induced fear. Someone like Rukia who was abandoned in a ghetto as an infant and was forced into situations that ended with her burying most of her childhood friends (excepting Renji) is probably used to experiencing and working through overwhelming fear.
    Fox Mr. Sinister (holding Rogue's chin): "So beautiful, yet so strong."

    Fox Wolverine: "Well, I always did think I was kinda cute. Nice of you to mention it."

    Official Board Ostrichizer

  4. #5824
    Blind Resolve Hazard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    13,549

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by burninganimefan357 View Post
    Aren't you all forgetting that As Nodt was using Byakuya's bankai against him? That was hardly a fair fight.
    He used his sword to turn him into a bloody pulp.

    He had already won by virtue of his super fear projectiles. Using his sword was just icing on the cake.

    That said, Rukia is for some plot related reason immune to super fear.

    Joy.

    Even Zommari would win if given access to Byakuya's bankai and Byakuya was prevented from using his.
    Being fair, he would have won normally had he just fought smar.... not stupidly.

  5. #5825

    Default

    Even discounting my previous example, I'd be kinda surprised if they didn't develop some sort of counter for As Nodt's abilities since Renji saw it had the time to tell that lady that was calling Mayuri a noob about it. I don't think that's what happened, but it would be a reasonable course of action.
    Fox Mr. Sinister (holding Rogue's chin): "So beautiful, yet so strong."

    Fox Wolverine: "Well, I always did think I was kinda cute. Nice of you to mention it."

    Official Board Ostrichizer

  6. #5826
    Cruel and Unusual Sound Silence's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    10,627

    Default

    Actually... here's a thought.

    What if this is like Perona's ability from One Piece?

    It was something you couldn't willpower yourself out of. Because it didn't simply throw a feeling at you that you could just fend off with willpower, it made you consumed by it. Yet Usopp resisted because he was already a negative, depressed, despairing person... and he was used to dealing with that.

    All these shinigami are brave warriors... not simply in the sense that they feel fear, but that fear doesn't really affect them that much.

    For instance, take Kenpachi, who just barrels in with no concern for anything. I bet for him, this ability would screw him terribly... because it'd target his psychological weakpoint... the fear he ignores and doesn't have to deal with, the fact that he might be too strong to enjoy himself... (or whatever).
    I mean, maybe NOW he wouldn't get affected by it so much, due to facing his psychological weaknesses, but... before I mean.



    So maybe that's like this... Rukia is 'weaker' than all the others... so she has that much more to fear... she's not inherently a warrior. She doesn't have Byakuya's cool, or Kenpachi's guts, or Ichigo's determination, or any of the other badass qualities of personality the others have.
    But she's used to feeling all those flaws and battling through them anyway, such as in the Aaroniero fight... it was less her defeating a strong opponent and more her over coming the psychological challenge the fight presented to her.

    Basically none of this rambling made sense, but to reiterate: it's like Perona.
    Last edited by Sound Silence; 01-30-2014 at 10:40 PM.

  7. #5827

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sound Silence View Post
    Actually... here's a thought.

    What if this is like Perona's ability from One Piece?

    It was something you couldn't willpower yourself out of. Because it didn't simply throw a feeling at you that you could just fend off with willpower, it made you consumed by it. Yet Usopp resisted because he was already a negative, depressed, despairing person... and he was used to dealing with that.

    All these shinigami are brave warriors... not simply in the sense that they feel fear, but that fear doesn't really affect them that much.

    For instance, take Kenpachi, who just barrels in with no concern for anything. I bet for him, this ability would screw him terribly... because it'd target his psychological weakpoint... the fear he ignores and doesn't have to deal with, the fact that he might be too strong to enjoy himself... (or whatever).
    I mean, maybe NOW he wouldn't get affected by it so much, due to facing his psychological weaknesses, but... before I mean.



    So maybe that's like this... Rukia is 'weaker' than all the others... so she has that much more to fear... she's not inherently a warrior. She doesn't have Byakuya's cool, or Kenpachi's guts, or Ichigo's determination, or any of the other badass qualities of personality the others have.
    But she's used to feeling all those flaws and battling through them anyway, such as in the Aaroniero fight... it was less her defeating a strong opponent and more her over coming the psychological challenge the fight presented to her.

    Basically none of this rambling made sense, but to reiterate: it's like Perona.
    *points up four or five posts*

    I think we're thinking the same thing here. Everyone else you mentioned is, by their very nature, insanely powerful. Rukia was a slum infant whose life was filled with escapades that resulted in the deaths of her friends before she even got any worthwhile amount of power and is constantly surrounded by people who could skoosh her like a bug even after becoming a Shinigami. She was hunting and being hunted by (relatively) powerful Hollows even when she had her Shinigami powers sealed. And then there was the entire Soul Society arc, as well as the mindscrew that Aaraniero put her through.

    Of the three tough guys that you mentioned, Ichigo may be able to power through as well, considering how he faced down his terror of Kenpachi's power, the fear of his Hollow side taking over, the fear of losing his friends in both Soul Society and Hueco Mundo, the fear of facing Aizen, and everything Ginjo and Tsukishima put him through. Also, whatever his connection to Bach entails might give him some sort of buffer, I guess.
    Fox Mr. Sinister (holding Rogue's chin): "So beautiful, yet so strong."

    Fox Wolverine: "Well, I always did think I was kinda cute. Nice of you to mention it."

    Official Board Ostrichizer

  8. #5828

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    He used his sword to turn him into a bloody pulp.

    He had already won by virtue of his super fear projectiles. Using his sword was just icing on the cake.
    Byakuya was still unable to use his bankai. People are acting as if As Nodt beat a full powered Byakuya. Which was most definitely not the case.

  9. #5829
    Swedish Shinigami Dark Soul # 7's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Stockholm in Sweden
    Posts
    15,754

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by burninganimefan357 View Post
    Byakuya was still unable to use his bankai. People are acting as if As Nodt beat a full powered Byakuya. Which was most definitely not the case.
    Being fair, Äs Nödt wasn't exactly going all out either.

  10. #5830
    Swedish Shinigami Dark Soul # 7's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Stockholm in Sweden
    Posts
    15,754

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sound Silence View Post
    Actually... here's a thought.

    What if this is like Perona's ability from One Piece?

    It was something you couldn't willpower yourself out of. Because it didn't simply throw a feeling at you that you could just fend off with willpower, it made you consumed by it. Yet Usopp resisted because he was already a negative, depressed, despairing person... and he was used to dealing with that.

    All these shinigami are brave warriors... not simply in the sense that they feel fear, but that fear doesn't really affect them that much.

    For instance, take Kenpachi, who just barrels in with no concern for anything. I bet for him, this ability would screw him terribly... because it'd target his psychological weakpoint... the fear he ignores and doesn't have to deal with, the fact that he might be too strong to enjoy himself... (or whatever).
    I mean, maybe NOW he wouldn't get affected by it so much, due to facing his psychological weaknesses, but... before I mean.



    So maybe that's like this... Rukia is 'weaker' than all the others... so she has that much more to fear... she's not inherently a warrior. She doesn't have Byakuya's cool, or Kenpachi's guts, or Ichigo's determination, or any of the other badass qualities of personality the others have.
    But she's used to feeling all those flaws and battling through them anyway, such as in the Aaroniero fight... it was less her defeating a strong opponent and more her over coming the psychological challenge the fight presented to her.

    Basically none of this rambling made sense, but to reiterate: it's like Perona.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    *points up four or five posts*

    I think we're thinking the same thing here. Everyone else you mentioned is, by their very nature, insanely powerful. Rukia was a slum infant whose life was filled with escapades that resulted in the deaths of her friends before she even got any worthwhile amount of power and is constantly surrounded by people who could skoosh her like a bug even after becoming a Shinigami. She was hunting and being hunted by (relatively) powerful Hollows even when she had her Shinigami powers sealed. And then there was the entire Soul Society arc, as well as the mindscrew that Aaraniero put her through.

    Of the three tough guys that you mentioned, Ichigo may be able to power through as well, considering how he faced down his terror of Kenpachi's power, the fear of his Hollow side taking over, the fear of losing his friends in both Soul Society and Hueco Mundo, the fear of facing Aizen, and everything Ginjo and Tsukishima put him through. Also, whatever his connection to Bach entails might give him some sort of buffer, I guess.
    While I like these possible explanations and would be ok with it if that's what Kubo goes with I'd still be somewhat vary of it.

    As he explained it when fighting Byakuya, the fear that Äs Nödt instills isn't fear that's based on any logical thought or reason. Rather, it's a fear that comes from pure instinct and follows us all through our lives. So Rukia having lived a life filled with fear shouldn't really make her immune to it as all her fears had reasons that she's had to overcome over time to become the strong individual she is today. It probably has her resisting the fear somewhat but I doubt it makes her immune, remember that Byakuya wasn't affected by it at first.

    And really, I doubt that Rukia is without fear. The thing that brought Byakuya down was his fear of something happening to Rukia and Rukia has a ton of people to be worried about. Unless of course she doesn't care about them... or she trusts them so much that she isn't worried about them because in her heart she knows that they're all strong enough to make it through this...

  11. #5831
    Cruel and Unusual Sound Silence's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    10,627

    Default

    Makes me wonder if someone used to dealing with irrational fears, like someone who suffers from anxiety disorder, would be able to manage better.

  12. #5832
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    P-I-Z-Z-AAAAYYYY
    Posts
    1,834

    Default

    or perhaps somebody who's such an idiot that fear doesn't cross their minds: Don Kanonji for the win, LOL!

  13. #5833
    Honeru! Miburohunter929's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Betwixt and Between
    Posts
    17,228

    Default

    Well, that's a much simpler answer than the one we all expected.

    I guess.
    Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of themself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I Live, I will kill you, If I Die, You are forgiven." Such is the Rule of Honor.

  14. #5834
    Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    27,570

    Default

    This doesn't actually make any sense.

    Nodt: Have some fear thorns!

    Rukia: I'll just block them with ice.

    Nodt: Aha, but you see their effect goes through ice.

    Rukia: It's cool, I have frozen my body so the fear can't get through my frozen skin.

    Nodt: But we just established that my fear effect could go through frozen materials. How does this -

    Rukia: Whatever, killing you now.
    Nik Hasta: "I'm not a ninja dammit!"

    Respect the Mamudo Children!
    Follow me on Tumblr!

  15. #5835

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    This doesn't actually make any sense.

    Nodt: Have some fear thorns!

    Rukia: I'll just block them with ice.

    Nodt: Aha, but you see their effect goes through ice.

    Rukia: It's cool, I have frozen my body so the fear can't get through my frozen skin.

    Nodt: But we just established that my fear effect could go through frozen materials. How does this -

    Rukia: Whatever, killing you now.
    You misunderstand. Its not that fear can't go throught ice. Its that Rukia's frozen body can't react to the fear.

    Its as if Rukia's entire body is affected by extreme frostbite. She can't feel anything and the only reason she can move is the power of her zanpakuto.

    Makes sense to me. By manga logic anyway.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •