Page 327 of 399 FirstFirst ... 227277317323324325326327328329330331337377 ... LastLast
Results 4,891 to 4,905 of 5974
  1. #4891
    Cruel and Unusual Sound Silence's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    10,627

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Holy Spirit View Post
    I don't see how.... his skills have improved after Yamamoto's training.
    He had one day of training with Yamamoto and all he really seemed to take out of it was two handed swing > one handed swing. And then he proceeded to never use that until Nnoitra.

  2. #4892
    Honeru! Miburohunter929's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Betwixt and Between
    Posts
    17,228

    Default

    New Bleach.

    So..Kenny confirmed for doing what we already know, and pretty much fucking around during the entirety of bleach, but even more than he knew.

    And I didn't think Kenny met Unohana at that kinda age, much less that he was that strong, and that big a badass, lol.
    Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of themself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I Live, I will kill you, If I Die, You are forgiven." Such is the Rule of Honor.

  3. #4893
    The Could-Have-Been King Ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Land of Lagom.
    Posts
    32,031

    Default

    I love how this kinda sorta explains his inconsistent showings, like how he managed to lose to early shikai Ichigo, who had just nearly gotten his ass kicked by Renji.
    "This doesn't look easy. But I bet it is!"
    -Homer Simpson

    "Optimism through stalwart skepticism is a defect not everyone is lucky enough to be cursed with."
    -Homestuck

  4. #4894

    Default

    So does this make Novel Kenpachi canon?

  5. #4895
    Sannin Kage Kisaragi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Behind You
    Posts
    7,873

    Default

    I still dont understand how Soul Society works. Are there two kinds of people in there? Those born there and those who are sent there when they die? I mean i thought there were no births there, yet we saw babies there and Yachiru was the best example of this, but she's aged. I thought growing wasn't something that happened there, or is it just those who arrive after death that don't age? I mention this because it implies death again by growing old which seems contradictory to the whole life after death, or afterlife thing.
    Rogue and Bishop's daughter would be called Discharge, and she'd touch people and drain all or some of their bioelectrical energy out of them causing them to either die or fall unconscious. She could then use this energy to extend her own life, heal herself, enhance her physical abilities (speed, strength, stamina,) or discharge it as various energy beams.

  6. #4896
    RITA's punching bag nervmeister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    8,758

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kage Kisaragi View Post
    I still dont understand how Soul Society works. Are there two kinds of people in there? Those born there and those who are sent there when they die? I mean i thought there were no births there, yet we saw babies there and Yachiru was the best example of this, but she's aged. I thought growing wasn't something that happened there, or is it just those who arrive after death that don't age? I mention this because it implies death again by growing old which seems contradictory to the whole life after death, or afterlife thing.
    I'm sure the rest will be made up as Kubo goes along.
    Declared a king among men by Black atom: 5/11/07
    Given a cool award, an awesome award, and the keys to the internet: 11/8/06
    Won thread:5/15/07
    Won a cool award: 6/28/07
    Won post of the year: 7/6/07


    Quote Originally Posted by DABishop View Post
    In addition to having the worst life ever, having everyone he meets get brutally raped and/or killed, and being constantly hunted by demons, Guts also has the world's ugliest baby.

    Congrats Guts, your life sucks.

  7. #4897
    Junior Member SSJLuffy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    213

    Default

    Kind of lame and badass at the same time. I do like how it explains Kenpachi's inconsistent power, so for that I'll say good job to Kubo, eventhough it was made up on the spot.

    I knew the reason he kept losing conciseness was because he kept dying and coming back to life. He is so damn broken... he was playing around the entire series!

    This chapter took me literally 5 minutes to read unlike the Naruto chapter. I hear One Piece takes a while to read (I've only seen the anime).

  8. #4898
    The Could-Have-Been King Ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Land of Lagom.
    Posts
    32,031

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kage Kisaragi View Post
    I still dont understand how Soul Society works. Are there two kinds of people in there? Those born there and those who are sent there when they die? I mean i thought there were no births there, yet we saw babies there and Yachiru was the best example of this, but she's aged. I thought growing wasn't something that happened there, or is it just those who arrive after death that don't age? I mention this because it implies death again by growing old which seems contradictory to the whole life after death, or afterlife thing.
    Well, let's look at what we know:

    Shinigami clearly do get older - we have seen younger versions of several characters in Turning Back The Pendulum and various flashbacks, after all - but appear to age very, very slowly and apparently not at a consistent rate. For a young shinigami, a hundred years appears to be the equivalent of roughly a decade for a human. However, while all the young shinigami are shown to have aged in the last 110 years, non of the adults appear to have gotten older.

    (The only exception to this, I think, is Hiyori, who still appears to be an adolscent or at least in her early teens. So it's not entirely unlikely that individual shinigami age at individual rates. However, since all other shinigami in that age group - notably Nanao, Hisagi, Byakuya and Gin - did age after Turning Back The Pendulum, and at what seems to be at the same rate, and that Hiyori was already a vice captain back then, it's actually more likely that Hiyori was already an adult to begin with, and she just happens to be short and naturally petite making her look much younger than she is.)

    So, I theorize that as children and teens, Shinigami age at roughly one tenth the rate of a human, but once they become adults their aging seems to slow down considerably.

    As for children, the fact that these people do have actual families does imply that they can sire children, even though we don't see a lot of them. Possibly shinigami children are very rare, which would make sense considering their long lifespans. I doubt they function entirely on an adoption basis, anyway, or things like nobility wouldn't be such a big deal. Like, I can't quite picture the Kuchiki picking up Byakuya off the streets of Rukongai - that guy has clearly been an noble his entire life.
    Last edited by Ghost; 01-30-2013 at 10:35 AM.
    "This doesn't look easy. But I bet it is!"
    -Homer Simpson

    "Optimism through stalwart skepticism is a defect not everyone is lucky enough to be cursed with."
    -Homestuck

  9. #4899
    Veteran Member Omegastorm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    8,828

    Default

    I was hoping Unohana would survive. I don't see that happening now.

    o

  10. #4900
    Swedish Shinigami Dark Soul # 7's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Stockholm in Sweden
    Posts
    15,755

    Default

    I wonder if part of these limiters are Kenpachi stopping himself from hearing his zanpakuto, thus being unable to actually use its powers. Hopefully he won't become too horribly broken and actually get a decent fight against some elite quincy.

    Completely off-topic but I wonder who will take Shunsui's captain seat now that he's the head-captain. Options include Love, Yoruichi, Isshin and Urahara.

  11. #4901
    Cruel and Unusual Sound Silence's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    10,627

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    I wonder if part of these limiters are Kenpachi stopping himself from hearing his zanpakuto, thus being unable to actually use its powers. Hopefully he won't become too horribly broken and actually get a decent fight against some elite quincy.

    Completely off-topic but I wonder who will take Shunsui's captain seat now that he's the head-captain. Options include Love, Yoruichi, Isshin and Urahara.
    I'd guess on love, considering he's the only Vizard captain to not get a position back (likely because there were no more openings).

  12. #4902
    The Could-Have-Been King Ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Land of Lagom.
    Posts
    32,031

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Omegastorm View Post
    I was hoping Unohana would survive. I don't see that happening now.

    o
    Look, we're talking about Tite Kubo here. What it the entire history of this manga makes you think he would actually do that?

    Not counting people who died in flashbacks like Kaien, he has killed off exactly two protagonists over the course of this story. One was a background character nobody cared about and the other was the Badass Old Guy, and killing off the badass old guy in pretty much a requirement in this genre of manga.

    I mean, maybe Kira is dead, because he was missing half his torso last time we saw him and we haven't heard from him ever since. But until someone in the manga actually says: "Kira totally died back there," I'm going to assume he survived, and I may still even then. And that says something about how stubborn Kubo is about keeping his heroes alive.

    Hell, remember what happened to Byakuya? For a while there we were all convinced he was dead. For crying out loud, Kubo had a character actually outright say: "Seems Byakuya is dead." Like, just to underline it. He devoted a whole damn chapter to a touching scene where Byakuya gave Ichigo his dying request, saying stuff like: "No, seriously, I'm totally about to die for reals." And then it ended with a shot of his zanpakutou falling out of his hand and disintegrating.

    And he still didn't die. o___O

    I mean, I'm pretty sure you're not even allowed to do that. Like, it's against the rules. Only Kubo doesn't give a damn. His characters literally don't die even when they are killed.

    So yeah. I don't care what Shunsui said, I still find the likelyhood of Unohana dying to be very, very small.

    She might lose an arm, though.
    Last edited by Ghost; 01-30-2013 at 11:24 AM.
    "This doesn't look easy. But I bet it is!"
    -Homer Simpson

    "Optimism through stalwart skepticism is a defect not everyone is lucky enough to be cursed with."
    -Homestuck

  13. #4903
    Honeru! Miburohunter929's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Betwixt and Between
    Posts
    17,228

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Look, we're talking about Tite Kubo here. What it the entire history of this manga makes you think he would actually do that?

    Not counting people who died in flashbacks like Kaien, he has killed off exactly two protagonists over the course of this story. One was a background character nobody cared about and the other was the Badass Old Guy, and killing off the badass old guy in pretty much a requirement in this genre of manga.

    I mean, maybe Kira is dead, because he was missing half his torso last time we saw him and we haven't heard from him ever since. But until someone in the manga actually says: "Kira totally died back there," I'm going to assume he survived, and I may still even then. And that says something about how stubborn Kubo is about keeping his heroes alive.

    Hell, remember what happened to Byakuya? For a while there we were all convinced he was dead. For crying out loud, Kubo had a character actually outright say: "Seems Byakuya is dead." Like, just to underline it. He devoted a whole damn chapter to a touching scene where Byakuya gave Ichigo his dying request, saying stuff like: "No, seriously, I'm totally about to die for reals." And then it ended with a shot of his zanpakutou falling out of his hand and disintegrating.

    And he still didn't die. o___O

    I mean, I'm pretty sure you're not even allowed to do that. Like, it's against the rules. Only Kubo doesn't give a damn. His characters literally don't die even when they are killed.

    So yeah. I don't care what Shunsui said, I still find the likelyhood of Unohana dying to be very, very small.

    She might lose an arm, though.
    I'm pretty sure it was two chapters.

    One chapter was Byakuya going "FUCK, I'M DYING." to himself.

    The other was Byakuya going "I AM DYING, ICHIGO."

    It was pretty hilarious.
    Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of themself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I Live, I will kill you, If I Die, You are forgiven." Such is the Rule of Honor.

  14. #4904
    Anti-Matter Eyes Eternal Torment's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Somewhere in Canada
    Posts
    22,895

    Default

    I'm going to be surprised if Byakuya actually dies next time.

  15. #4905
    Omnidisciplinary Nerd
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    TN
    Posts
    8,698

    Default

    i love the implication that old unohana is so used to having a pile of corpses next to her that she doesn't even notice she didn't make it

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •