Page 325 of 399 FirstFirst ... 225275315321322323324325326327328329335375 ... LastLast
Results 4,861 to 4,875 of 5979

Chapters out:

....Is Zaraki pretty much a Saiyan on crack birthed by a terminator if I understood this thing right?
    Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of themself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I Live, I will kill you, If I Die, You are forgiven." Such is the Rule of Honor.

Also: Holy shit, Unohana.

Damn, girl.
    Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of themself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I Live, I will kill you, If I Die, You are forgiven." Such is the Rule of Honor.

Swedish Shinigami Dark Soul # 7's Avatar

So for Espada class arrancar, Stern Ritter class quincies and average captains Kenpachi won't take off his eyepatch just to keep the fight for as long as possible and then he generally kicks ass.

But against Unohana he tears it off from the get go and still gets his ass kicked. Then he cries in surprisingly unmanly way.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    So for Espada class arrancar, Stern Ritter class quincies and average captains Kenpachi won't take off his eyepatch just to keep the fight for as long as possible and then he generally kicks ass.

But against Unohana he tears it off from the get go and still gets his ass kicked. Then he cries in surprisingly unmanly way.
    I thought it was fairly manly myself.

I mean, she's practically his idol, and his life goal wrapped in one and she tells him he got softer, whips his ass, and then is about to murder him.

I mean, he named Yachiru, after Yachiru Unohana, after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Miburohunter929 View Post
    I thought it was fairly manly myself.

I mean, she's practically his idol, and his life goal wrapped in one and she tells him he got softer, whips his ass, and then is about to murder him.

I mean, he named Yachiru, after Yachiru Unohana, after all.
    That means that circumstances behind the crying a very manly. The crying itself isn't rendered very manly, at least IMO.

the demon king rules master of read's Avatar

kubo, you better not fuck this up. there is so much here to work with.

despite how it looks, i dont sense any hate or anger from either of them.
    COCAINE IS MY GOD AND I AM THE LIVING INSTRUMENT OF ITS WILL!!
    snowflame, new guardians #2
    wanna make some quick cash?

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    That means that circumstances behind the crying a very manly. The crying itself isn't rendered very manly, at least IMO.
    Honestly, I didn't even know he was crying until I read the chapter the second time, so I think it was pretty decent myself.

looking back on it, wow. never thought i'd see kenny cry.

doesnt make him a wuss. they are manly tears of men.

Quote Originally Posted by Miburohunter929 View Post
    Honestly, I didn't even know he was crying until I read the chapter the second time, so I think it was pretty decent myself.
    I'm not saying that it was bad or anything. Just not as manly as I'd expect from a crying Kenpachi.

and you know something? this is the first real interaction we've seen from these two since the manga started. in fact, as far as i can remember, save for the first big captain meeting, these two have never shared even a panel or scene together.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    and you know something? this is the first real interaction we've seen from these two since the manga started. in fact, as far as i can remember, save for the first big captain meeting, these two have never shared even a panel or scene together.
    I think that they've shared an omake or two and during general captain meetings they've both been present. Otherwise yeah. This is the first significant exchange between them on-screen. And it's bleeping awesome.

This is how I read that scene.
    Rogue and Bishop's daughter would be called Discharge, and she'd touch people and drain all or some of their bioelectrical energy out of them causing them to either die or fall unconscious. She could then use this energy to extend her own life, heal herself, enhance her physical abilities (speed, strength, stamina,) or discharge it as various energy beams.

Have Robot, Will Smash Iron_twister's Avatar

Well, Unohana has pretty much obliterated her years being in informed ability status into untraceable pieces in one single chapter...And it's both satisfying and horrifying at the same time.

Satisfying to see why she's so feared, horrifying in that it actually gets one of the most dangerous characters in Soul Society to actually realize how screwed he is.
    "This is the energy that caused the extinction of your race! Now die again!"-Musashi Tomoe

It's better to burn out, than to fade away!-The Kurgan

Please.........I go through everyone's trash.-The Question

"I said, I'm singing a song. And when someone's singing a song, YOU DON'T SHOOT THEM!"-Kenji Endo

New theory:
    spoilers:
    Kenpachi is Unohana's sword spirit
    end of spoilers
    Soap Operus

"Gendou is probably the least whiny, but... well, let's just say that his reaction was probably not quite as healthy as a good whine."
    -The Drunkard Kid, on Evangelion

Quote Originally Posted by MKTerra View Post
    New theory:
    spoilers:
    Kenpachi is Unohana's sword spirit
    end of spoilers
    I had a similiar idea before this chapter, but after reading this chapter i doubt thats the case. Ken-chan's specifically says, before fighting her no matter what he fought, he felt nothing, which implies he existed without before he knew of her. His words "I looked up to you." implies he was a admire long before she mended her ways. The chapter before hand also implied that they both were wounded by one another.

Though her last words and insight into his abilities could reforce the idea that they are connected in a fashion similar to a Shinigami and a Zanpakuto.
    Rogue and Bishop's daughter would be called Discharge, and she'd touch people and drain all or some of their bioelectrical energy out of them causing them to either die or fall unconscious. She could then use this energy to extend her own life, heal herself, enhance her physical abilities (speed, strength, stamina,) or discharge it as various energy beams.