Page 324 of 399 FirstFirst ... 224274314320321322323324325326327328334374 ... LastLast
Results 4,846 to 4,860 of 5974

I would watch the hell out of Parallel Hero Starrk.

Also, that just reminded me of how sweet his Reiatsu blades looked.
    Suffering is a fact of life. You survive if you find a reason to endure it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sound Silence View Post
    It is. Most souls go to SS on their own. Shinigami are just to catch the stragglers, anyone who might become a hollow.
    And really... if that guy invented zanpakuto, which is what they use to purify hollows and send them to SS, makes me wonder if they did anything else before then to perform the soul burial without the zanpakuto.
    It'd be interesting if before the zanpakuto allowed them to do that they just killed hollows like Quincy do.
    One thing I'm curious about is how spirits who are not shinigami still manage to kill each other. Kenpachi is said to be from the most violent district in Soul Society where people re-murder each other all the time, which implies you don't need a zanpakutou to hurt dead people.

Also, Zaraki seemed to have his sword way before even becoming a shinigami, and Toshiro could communicate with Hyourinmaru way ahead of time even though he couldn't hear its name. So I wonder if zanpakutou sometimes appear naturally and Nimaiya just refined and standardized the process.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    We must all root for this hero version of Coyote Starrk and hope that he overcomes his motivational issue so that he can save his friends!
    I would totally watch that show.
    Coyote Starrk was feared in all of Hueco Mundo as the strongest arrancar. But in reality, all he gained from his strenght was loneliness, and he began to find his existance pointless. But one day everything changed, when the mysterious Aizen Sousuke offered him a chance for a new life with comrades at his side. Now he and his new friends find themselves in a war against the Gods of Death! Will the power of friendship let Starrk overcome his apathy and learn the true meaning of strenght?
    "This doesn't look easy. But I bet it is!"
    -Homer Simpson

"Optimism through stalwart skepticism is a defect not everyone is lucky enough to be cursed with."
    -Homestuck

Omnidisciplinary Nerd

or he just used a regular sword before. they do exist. stark had one

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    And holy hell, Unohana is terrifying. o_O
    Something about her face... it looks like she isn't at peace with herself.

I think.... she's hurting inside.

Quote Originally Posted by 1505627 View Post
    or he just used a regular sword before. they do exist. stark had one
    I love that we needed proof that normal swords existed.
    Suffering is a fact of life. You survive if you find a reason to endure it.

Quote Originally Posted by ghost View Post
    coyote starrk was feared in all of hueco mundo as the strongest arrancar. But in reality, all he gained from his strenght was loneliness, and he began to find his existance pointless. But one day everything changed, when the mysterious aizen sousuke offered him a chance for a new life with comrades at his side. Now he and his new friends find themselves in a war against the gods of death! Will the power of friendship let starrk overcome his apathy and learn the true meaning of strenght?
    My Little Arrancar: Friendship is Magic!

Coyote Stark could be the Twilight Sparkle stand-in, while Lillinette could be Spike.

Cruel and Unusual Sound Silence's Avatar

One thing I'm curious about is how spirits who are not shinigami still manage to kill each other. Kenpachi is said to be from the most violent district in Soul Society where people re-murder each other all the time, which implies you don't need a zanpakutou to hurt dead people.
    You can do it with anything. I mean, even humans can touch spirit entities. Like how Chad was beating up that one with a telephone pole. You just need the zanpakuto to purify the hollow.

Not sure what happens to dead spirits if they die though. Go back to the human world? Disappear? I wonder if it's possible to create souls. Obviously, if people can have kids in Soul Society, those must be new souls, right? So it is possible to create souls as well as destroy them? Or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    I love that we needed proof that normal swords existed.
    He means regular spirit swords. Made of spirit steel.

Swedish Shinigami Dark Soul # 7's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Totoro Man View Post

Coyote Stark could be the Twilight Sparkle stand-in, while Lillinette could be Spike.
    That'd make Aizen the Princess Celestia stand-in.

Swedish Shinigami Dark Soul # 7's Avatar

But Starrk and Lilinette's swords were a part of them. Or at least Lilinette's was as it was absorbed into them when they fused.

Quote Originally Posted by Totoro Man View Post

Applejack = Harribel
    Rainbow Dash = Grimmjow
    Fluttershy = Ulquiorra
    Pinkie Pie = Nnoitra
    Rarity = Szayel-Aporro

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    That'd make Aizen the Princess Celestia stand-in.
    This is starting to make a bit too much sense. oO

Wait, does this mean Urahara is Princess Luna?
    -Homer Simpson

"Optimism through stalwart skepticism is a defect not everyone is lucky enough to be cursed with."
    -Homestuck

Not sure what happens to dead spirits if they die though. Go back to the human world? Disappear? I wonder if it's possible to create souls. Obviously, if people can have kids in Soul Society, those must be new souls, right? So it is possible to create souls as well as destroy them? Or something?
    I think spirits who die in Soul Society reincarnate as living people again. Recall that they had to kill off several thousand people to rebalance the universe because the Quincy had destroyed too many Hollows.

Exactly. Going by what Nimaiya about cultivating your own sword by imprinting on an asauchi, I was wondering if you can create a zanpakutou (or proto-zanpakutou) by using a "regular" spirit sword a lot.

I also wonder if Ichigo's original zanpakutou, which was described as "empty" and without much spiritual substance, was a naturally formed asauchi or something else.
    -Homer Simpson

-Homestuck

Cruel and Unusual Sound Silence's Avatar

I also wonder if Ichigo's original zanpakutou, which was described as "empty" and without much spiritual substance, was a naturally formed asauchi or something else.
    Maybe it was formed because he got Rukia's powers, so his spirit formed one in mimicking of that, but because it wasn't an actual zankpakuto, it seemed 'empty'.

Actually, it might be similar to how arrancars form zanpakuto, which really just seal their full hollow power, in mimicry of shinigami.

I wonder if the fact that Ichigo formed his own rather than getting an asauchi is why his bankai couldn't be stolen. Or something.

BANNED

Ichigo is, strictly speaking, not a part of Soul Society. It's sort of a running theme that while he might help them on occasion because he has friends among them, he ultimately does whatever he wants.

Plus, Ichigo and Theoretical Full Power Kenpachi duking it out may cause so much damage it doesn't actually matter who wins.

Urahara, aside from still being in exile for some reason, could maybe think of something but that's kind of a big maybe considering the Central 46 apparently didn't think the rest of the captains combined could take a formally trained rouge Kenpachi.

Anyway, it's not that beating him is impossible, it's that they calculated the risk being too great to warrant any kind of benefit.
    You were kinda implying Zaraki is omnipotent if he was at full strength and no one would beat him as it is. Plus the main character thing going on, unless you imply that Ken chan is Kubo's pet darling or something.

About that, I lied. The Transient Guest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Skill View Post
    You were kinda implying Zaraki is omnipotent if he was at full strength
    Yes, that's exactly what the book and the "interview" with the author said.

Plus the main character thing going on
    Now shadow, quit purposefully misinterpreting the scene, your comment, and our reaction.

Just to make sure you can't do that anymore I'll put them out here:
    The scene: It's mentioned that a long time ago when Yama tried to train Kenny they decided that way back then there wasn't anything they had in their current strength that could stop Kenny without it fubar'ing most of the Soul Society in the process if he was trained. That was way back then. Not now. Not the present.

Your comment: Well that decision by them a long time ago was dumb, Urahara could have stopped him. Same for Ichigo.

Our reaction: They weren't talking about now, they were talking about then. And then Ghost pointed out that Ichigo's technically a free agent.

Ending Summation: Using present Ichigo as an example for a decision made before he was born is out of place.

Now if you want to talk about present Ichigo and how he compares, well then go ahead.

Just quit correcting the past decision.

unless you imply that Ken chan is Kubo's pet darling or something.
    I take it you missed the whole thing about Kenny having infinite spirit power. And how he got into a fight with a guy that was as strong as Ichigo when in Mugetsu form that tried to crush Kenny's organs via voodoo but Kenny's infinite power made his organs to durable to squish.
    And stuff like that.

So yes, that's exactly what I'm implying. I can't speak for Ghost.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost
    Yes you can, I give you permission.

Edit: Cept for how I say I wasn't implying anything right beneath this.
    Oh, well in that case it's also what Ghost is implying. Cept it's not, since he wasn't.
    Last edited by The Transient Guest; 01-22-2013 at 04:49 PM.
    Siriel:
    Transient just likes to do that.

Why he keeps picking up ridiculous arguments and then try to defend them, I will never know.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Skill View Post
    You were kinda implying Zaraki is omnipotent if he was at full strength and no one would beat him as it is.
    I was implying nothing. I was just repeating what the Central 42 dude said, as I understood it.

Now, in the translation I read first, the guy said and I quote: "If he becomes any more powerful than he is now it will be impossible to stop him if he starts a revolt!!"

Though, an alternative translation makes a more conservative estimation: "If he grows even stronger than he is now imagine the devastation he will cause if he ever rebels!?"

(Note: Their punctuation, not mine.)

Either way, it means the same thing: They thought a fully trained Zaraki was just way too dangerous to keep around.
    -Homer Simpson

-Homestuck