Page 322 of 399 FirstFirst ... 222272312318319320321322323324325326332372 ... LastLast
Results 4,816 to 4,830 of 5974

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnorok64 View Post
    You know, this is probably the only time I hope an actual in universe fight ends in sex. I don't want Unohanato die.
    TWO WILL ENTER

THREE WILL LEAVE after nine months
    Soap Operus

"Gendou is probably the least whiny, but... well, let's just say that his reaction was probably not quite as healthy as a good whine."
    -The Drunkard Kid, on Evangelion

Quote Originally Posted by nervmeister View Post
    Well, if so, then he's an idiot. The Vanderreich are still breathing down SS's neck, and he's willing to risk yet another extremely powerful captain dying (one of whom just happens to be the HEAD MEDIC who can heal others) just so one can get stronger? Is the payoff really worth the loss?
    Yeah that's been bugging me too, especially as Yama-ji specifically told her to stay out of battle during Round 1 against the Star Knights as she was too important to risk.

My personal theory is that her bankai could be a self-revival technique of some kind (or something like that), in which case Zaraki could win and technically "kill" her but then she revives and so the "one must die" thing would still have been met.

Anyway, the mystery of "how can this guy have created zanpakuto" has now been resolved. He basically creates protoform zanpakuto (10 points if you get the reference) which are then shaped by their wielders soul to become unique. I thought that was a great way to explain it.

Omnidisciplinary Nerd

and the great part is, asauchi have been mentioned before, so they aren't an asspull

I'm guessing the secret is that you shouln't treat the zanpakutou as an external entiity; as an expression of your soul, you should treat a zanpakutou as you would treat yourself.
    Fox Mr. Sinister (holding Rogue's chin): "So beautiful, yet so strong."

Fox Wolverine: "Well, I always did think I was kinda cute. Nice of you to mention it."

Official Board Ostrichizer

Well, if so, then he's an idiot. The Vanderreich are still breathing down SS's neck, and he's willing to risk yet another extremely powerful captain dying (one of whom just happens to be the HEAD MEDIC who can heal others) just so one can get stronger? Is the payoff really worth the loss?
    The implication seems to be that Kenpachi can be a Yama+ class fighter if he gets some proper training, and they Reeeeeaaalllly need one of those since the VRs have a Yama class threat of their own. Of course, Ichigo's eventually gonna come back and be one of those again (inevitably) so they'll have 2 of those.

Also, between Unohana's healing and the fact that Orihime still exists, dead ghosts really shouldn't be a problem.

Fox Wolverine: "Well, I always did think I was kinda cute. Nice of you to mention it."

To be fair, giving Zaraki any kind of advanced training was apparently prohibited by law, essentially, because if he got any better than "self-taught amateur with a lot of experience", nobody in Soul Society could stop him if he decided to wreck the place. So, a Zaraki at his full potential is basically a nuke.

By contrast, Unohana is certainly very important as a healer, but possibly not irreplacable.

That said, I think Shunsui was refering to her as Yachiru Kenpachi when he said that, but that he is sorta gambling on the chance that Retsu Unohana has gained enough restraint over the years to train Zaraki without them murdering each other.
    "This doesn't look easy. But I bet it is!"
    -Homer Simpson

"Optimism through stalwart skepticism is a defect not everyone is lucky enough to be cursed with."
    -Homestuck

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    That said, I think Shunsui was refering to her as Yachiru Kenpachi when he said that, but that he is sorta gambling on the chance that Retsu Unohana has gained enough restraint over the years to train Zaraki without them murdering each other.
    Agreed.

Another very likely possibility is that we could see a metaphorical "death" rather than a literal one i.e. it ends with Unohana feeling that she's fully put her past behind her and so her past self is now dead. Sort of like saying "Unohana Yachiru is no more. There is only Unohana Retsu now."
    Last edited by chilled monkey; 01-17-2013 at 10:03 AM.

Huh. I just realized that the scar explains her normal hairstyle, unless she just likes looking like she's wearing a poorly fitted fake beard.

Swedish Shinigami Dark Soul # 7's Avatar

Kubo has sort of promised Unohana to show off her bankai and since most of Kenpachi's training will probably be revealed via flashback, not the place to show bankais, I think that there's a fair chance for Unohana to survive.

Quote Originally Posted by chilled monkey View Post
    My personal theory is that her bankai could be a self-revival technique of some kind (or something like that), in which case Zaraki could win and technically "kill" her but then she revives and so the "one must die" thing would still have been met.
    There was also that time she healed Hitsugaya with some secret method after he got cut down by Aizen.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Kubo has sort of promised Unohana to show off her bankai and since most of Kenpachi's training will probably be revealed via flashback, not the place to show bankais, I think that there's a fair chance for Unohana to survive.
    OTOH, she can't use her bankai against the Quincys either.
    Last edited by MKTerra; 01-17-2013 at 06:05 PM.
    Soap Operus

"Gendou is probably the least whiny, but... well, let's just say that his reaction was probably not quite as healthy as a good whine."

Unohana is scary.....

Quote Originally Posted by SSJLuffy View Post
    Unohana is scary.....
    We've known that for a long time now.

I really want to see her go all out so we can start judging her power vs Aizen's.
    Won 6 Awesome Awards, 2Cool awards, 2 internets, a Raging storm and funniest video award
    My RPG Site!

Swedish Shinigami Dark Soul # 7's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MKTerra View Post
    OTOH, she can't use her bankai against the Quincys either.
    Urahara will probably whip up some bankai-stealing defence, not perfect due to short notice but something to make it trickier.

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    I'm guessing the secret is that you shouln't treat the zanpakutou as an external entiity; as an expression of your soul, you should treat a zanpakutou as you would treat yourself.
    Hmm, that would even jibe with Aizen's joke about him and Ichigo starting a "sword fused to arm" trend.
    Soap Operus

Cruel and Unusual Sound Silence's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 1505627 View Post
    and the great part is, asauchi have been mentioned before, so they aren't an asspull
    You know, the odd thing is, it seemed like a zanpakuto was something you got just by being a shinigami. They never really explained what they are, but, at the same time, the zanpakuto given to grunts was shown. So it stands to reason someone "discovered" zanpakuto.

Makes me wonder. I wonder if one of these guys discovered kido or something.