Page 316 of 399 FirstFirst ... 216266306312313314315316317318319320326366 ... LastLast
Results 4,726 to 4,740 of 5974

Quote Originally Posted by nervmeister View Post
    Perhaps he means, "I'm going to teach Kenny how to be efficient for once and get the fight over with as soon as possible."
    Oh, I know what he meant. It just sounded funny.

And I don't think anything is going to get Zaraki to stop dicking around during his fights, in fact he'll probably just handicap himself even more, but at least he'll be harder to put own.
    "This doesn't look easy. But I bet it is!"
    -Homer Simpson

"Optimism through stalwart skepticism is a defect not everyone is lucky enough to be cursed with."
    -Homestuck

Swedish Shinigami Dark Soul # 7's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Oh, I know what he meant. It just sounded funny.

And I don't think anything is going to get Zaraki to stop dicking around during his fights, in fact he'll probably just handicap himself even more, but at least he'll be harder to put own.
    I'm now imagining Kenpachi trying to handicap himself by having his quincy opponent steal his bankai but the quincy is reluctant to do it because he thinks it's a trap.

I just realized, the Ritter who ends up fighting Kenpachi is in for a nasty surprise....

Quincy: "Ha ha ha! Go on, shinigami trash. Draw your bankai!" **gets medallion ready**

Kenpachi:"Oh....you don't know me at all, do you."
    Quote Originally Posted by 1505627 View Post
    they'll be stalemated for hours, kenpachi telling him to use full power and the sternritter trying to goad him into bankai
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    I'm now imagining Kenpachi trying to handicap himself by having his quincy opponent steal his bankai but the quincy is reluctant to do it because he thinks it's a trap.
    For added hilarity, imagine if this was all the same guy.
    -Homer Simpson

"Optimism through stalwart skepticism is a defect not everyone is lucky enough to be cursed with."
    -Homestuck

Cruel and Unusual Sound Silence's Avatar

What if Kenpachi's bankai turns out to be a massive set of training weights.

Have Robot, Will Smash Iron_twister's Avatar

Shunsui will probably resort to much more pragmatical approaches against the Sternritters, screw the whole pitting the strongest guys and elite mook squads against one another they kind of resorted to against the Espada/Arrancars. If the dude is too strong, dog pile him. If he ain't looking at your direction, stab him in the back. if your dude is like a tank, train him to be a nuke, casualties be damned. O_O

...Maybe I'm taking Shunsui's whole "both sides are evil in war, so don't fight like gentlemen" thing into deeper consideration than Kubo would possibly thought.
    "This is the energy that caused the extinction of your race! Now die again!"-Musashi Tomoe

It's better to burn out, than to fade away!-The Kurgan

Please.........I go through everyone's trash.-The Question

"I said, I'm singing a song. And when someone's singing a song, YOU DON'T SHOOT THEM!"-Kenji Endo

Shunsui will call up Gin and have him do his thing.
    Suffering is a fact of life. You survive if you find a reason to endure it.

RITA's punching bag nervmeister's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_twister View Post
    Shunsui will probably resort to much more pragmatical approaches against the Sternritters, screw the whole pitting the strongest guys and elite mook squads against one another they kind of resorted to against the Espada/Arrancars. If the dude is too strong, dog pile him. If he ain't looking at your direction, stab him in the back. if your dude is like a tank, train him to be a nuke, casualties be damned. O_O

...Maybe I'm taking Shunsui's whole "both sides are evil in war, so don't fight like gentlemen" thing into deeper consideration than Kubo would possibly thought.
    Sadly that's probably not going to happen. If it did, "Captain Nobility" himself would scold them to death..............But then again, even he has slipped on occasion (like when he first met Ichigo by cheap-shotting him).
    Declared a king among men by Black atom: 5/11/07
    Given a cool award, an awesome award, and the keys to the internet: 11/8/06
    Won thread:5/15/07
    Won a cool award: 6/28/07
    Won post of the year: 7/6/07

Quote Originally Posted by DABishop View Post
    In addition to having the worst life ever, having everyone he meets get brutally raped and/or killed, and being constantly hunted by demons, Guts also has the world's ugliest baby.

Congrats Guts, your life sucks.

Omnidisciplinary Nerd

Quote Originally Posted by Sound Silence View Post
    What if Kenpachi's bankai turns out to be a massive set of training weights.
    i've always imagined his bankai as being a set of arm guards that make his1 handed swings as strong as two handed. oh, and another sword too

Have Robot, Will Smash Iron_twister's Avatar

Sadly that's probably not going to happen. If it did, "Captain Nobility" himself would scold them to death..............But then again, even he has slipped on occasion (like when he first met Ichigo by cheap-shotting him).
    Hmm, good point.

But there might be chance he'll make an exception since Shunsui might order him to follow it as the new commander or if that damn near death experience got him to loosen up a bit when it comes to that.

That whole cheap shot against Ichigo in the beginning was more like "don't have time for this crap with this scrub, gotta do my damn job" than it was simply cheap shooting. Once Ichigo finally got to a point of being a credible threat to him did the two started fighting on much even terms of a fair duel.
    "This is the energy that caused the extinction of your race! Now die again!"-Musashi Tomoe

It's better to burn out, than to fade away!-The Kurgan

Please.........I go through everyone's trash.-The Question

"I said, I'm singing a song. And when someone's singing a song, YOU DON'T SHOOT THEM!"-Kenji Endo

...He walked up to Ichigo and stabbed him.

Is it his fault that Ichigo was too slow to see it? Should he have moved in slow motion?
    Suffering is a fact of life. You survive if you find a reason to endure it.

Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    ...He walked up to Ichigo and stabbed him.

Is it his fault that Ichigo was too slow to see it? Should he have moved in slow motion?
    Technically, he even gave Ichigo a fair warning by cutting his sword and then going back to his original position to wait for Ichigo to react. Then he walked up to Ichigo and stabbed him.

Besides, Byakuya never claimed to be noble in the "I will always give my opponent a fair chance" sense.
    -Homer Simpson

-Homestuck

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Technically, he even gave Ichigo a fair warning by cutting his sword and then going back to his original position to wait for Ichigo to react. Then he walked up to Ichigo and stabbed him.

Besides, Byakuya never claimed to be noble in the "I will always give my opponent a fair chance" sense.
    I guess the nobleness applies mostly to demeanor then.

In addition to having the worst life ever, having everyone he meets get brutally raped and/or killed, and being constantly hunted by demons, Guts also has the world's ugliest baby.

So Kirnji has that wild crazed look in his eye and is a master healer.

Unohana was the first Kenpachi, and eventually turned into a healer.

I'm calling now that ironically, Zaraki's zanpakuto's powers will be healing-based, and that's why its never spoken to him. It will not respond to carnage.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post

I'm calling now that ironically, Zaraki's zanpakuto's powers will be healing-based, and that's why its never spoken to him. It will not respond to carnage.
    That'd be pretty interesting. I like the idea.

Cruel and Unusual Sound Silence's Avatar

That'd be pretty interesting. I like the idea.
    It's fitting because Unohana obviously has a healing-based zanpakuto. It might be that previously she was the same as Zaraki, dismissing her other abilities because they weren't suited to swordsmanship.

Unless originally she just had the manta ray eat people or something. That'd be an interesting ability. Maybe that's her bankai.