Page 315 of 399 FirstFirst ... 215265305311312313314315316317318319325365 ... LastLast
Results 4,711 to 4,725 of 5974
    Swedish Shinigami Dark Soul # 7's Avatar

Fun chapter.

I'm a bit surprised about Shunsui's nomination, mainly because I thought they'd go for Unohana, but he was in the top three really.

Happy to see that Renji is up and about and that Kubo remembers that the guy has pretty insane strength nowadays.

And Ichigo's reflexes are now better than Soifon's. Neat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Estrecca View Post
    And the Kenny/Unohana shippers go wild.
    You know us too well. And since Yachiru was apparently named afte Unohana it just seems more like she's the mom to our beloved pink ball of energy and destruction.

Damn... a good amount of stuff actually happened this chapter. Shunsui was promoted to Captain-General, and we found out that Unohana was the first Kenpachi. Man she seems bad ass. I wonder how strong she is.... and oh god... is Kenpachi going to learn bankai!!!???

the demon king rules master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Fun chapter.

I'm a bit surprised about Shunsui's nomination, mainly because I thought they'd go for Unohana, but he was in the top three really.

Happy to see that Renji is up and about and that Kubo remembers that the guy has pretty insane strength nowadays.

And Ichigo's reflexes are now better than Soifon's. Neat.

You know us too well. And since Yachiru was apparently named afte Unohana it just seems more like she's the mom to our beloved pink ball of energy and destruction.

i'm not really surprised about it. shunsui kinda took command of everyone during the funeral for old yama and calmed everyone down. and after really looking at it objectively, he's the only one who could do it. ukitake is always sick a lot and unohana doesnt seem to want the position since she's happy with being the healer.

and yes, it does bring up some questions about how well kenny and retsu really know each other.
    COCAINE IS MY GOD AND I AM THE LIVING INSTRUMENT OF ITS WILL!!
    snowflame, new guardians #2
    wanna make some quick cash?

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    well i kinda knew that would happen. out of all the remaining captains, kyoraku was the most logical choice to be the new head captain.

but to think................i know we have been bullshitting around with the whole unohana/kenpachi thing on rumbles but.................

could it actually happen?
    Well I wouldn't rule it out completely.

and yes, it does bring up some questions about how well kenny and retsu really know each other.
    It should be interesting to find out.

Quote Originally Posted by Estrecca
    And the Kenny/Unohana shippers go wild.
    I can't say I blame them. Remember, Zaraki named Yachiru after the only person he ever admired. Now we know who that person is.
    Last edited by chilled monkey; 12-12-2012 at 11:36 AM.

Have Robot, Will Smash Iron_twister's Avatar

Yeah, out of all the older captains, Shunsui does fit the role to take Yamamoto's place as the reasons above does have good points.

Course, his plan to increase Kenpachi's kick assing ability is one Hell of a smart move since Kenpachi himself is the only guy out of the captains that has a creditable body count during the invasion.
    Last edited by Iron_twister; 12-12-2012 at 12:33 PM.
    "This is the energy that caused the extinction of your race! Now die again!"-Musashi Tomoe

It's better to burn out, than to fade away!-The Kurgan

Please.........I go through everyone's trash.-The Question

"I said, I'm singing a song. And when someone's singing a song, YOU DON'T SHOOT THEM!"-Kenji Endo

Cruel and Unusual Sound Silence's Avatar

Makes me wonder if they actually know each other in a personal way, or if he just looked up to her like someone might admire a celebrity.

the demon king rules master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sound Silence View Post
    Makes me wonder if they actually know each other in a personal way, or if he just looked up to her like someone might admire a celebrity.
    well, considering his and yachiru's names, it would've at least gotten her attention.
    COCAINE IS MY GOD AND I AM THE LIVING INSTRUMENT OF ITS WILL!!
    snowflame, new guardians #2
    wanna make some quick cash?

Wonder if this will FINALLY continue Kenpachi's desire to learn his Soul Cutter's name that we saw waaaaaaay back in the save Rukia arc. If so credit to Kubo, that's something I'd expect from Oda.
    "Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die." -Mel Brooks
    OIF 08-09
    OEF 10-11
    Do it yourself tech support link

So if I read that right Unohana was the first Kenpachi...... whoa!!! did not see that coming like I did with Ichigo being half points *gives self two points*....

Though I feel we are all about to get trolled as it turns out that Aizen as been the Soul King all long and that the real soul king is trapped in the chair

Oh hell yes. Hell yes.
    "This doesn't look easy. But I bet it is!"
    -Homer Simpson

"Optimism through stalwart skepticism is a defect not everyone is lucky enough to be cursed with."
    -Homestuck

About that, I lied. The Transient Guest's Avatar

I.....find myself disliking Unohana's rape face the more I look at it.
    Siriel:
    Transient just likes to do that.

Why he keeps picking up ridiculous arguments and then try to defend them, I will never know.

RITA's punching bag nervmeister's Avatar

I'd imagine Unohana may have been quite the ill-tempered brute when she was younger. But then she somehow managed to learn to simmer down and adopt the calm and patient "secondary" persona we see now.
    Declared a king among men by Black atom: 5/11/07
    Given a cool award, an awesome award, and the keys to the internet: 11/8/06
    Won thread:5/15/07
    Won a cool award: 6/28/07
    Won post of the year: 7/6/07

Quote Originally Posted by DABishop View Post
    In addition to having the worst life ever, having everyone he meets get brutally raped and/or killed, and being constantly hunted by demons, Guts also has the world's ugliest baby.

Congrats Guts, your life sucks.

Swedish Shinigami Dark Soul # 7's Avatar

I wonder what plans Shunsui has besides increasing Kenpachi's killing ability. Because they'll need more than that to deal with Juha Bach and his bankai-stealing soul nazis.

Quote Originally Posted by nervmeister View Post
    I'd imagine Unohana may have been quite the ill-tempered brute when she was younger. But then she somehow managed to learn to simmer down and adopt the calm and patient "secondary" persona we see now.
    Possibly, especially if she came from the Zaraki District. (Which I guess she has to if Kenpachi met her in his youth.)

Then again, "Kenpachi" doesn't necessarily mean she's some kind of berserker. IIRC, it just means she's the strongest warrior of her generation. Somehow I see her as the direct opposite of Kenpachi, just being ludicriously skilled as a swordswoman.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    I wonder what plans Shunsui has besides increasing Kenpachi's killing ability. Because they'll need more than that to deal with Juha Bach and his bankai-stealing soul nazis.
    I dunno. Consider that Kenpachi casually killed three Sternritters and that his attack power goes way up when he uses that one cut Yamamoto managed to teach him. Just getting him to use proper zanjutsu all the time would be a major improvement, let alone getting him to unlock his shikai. It won't win them the war but it will even the odds.

By the way, did anyone else laugh when Shunsui went: "I'm going to teach Zaraki Kenpachi how to kill people!"
    "This doesn't look easy. But I bet it is!"
    -Homer Simpson

"Optimism through stalwart skepticism is a defect not everyone is lucky enough to be cursed with."
    -Homestuck

RITA's punching bag nervmeister's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    By the way, did anyone else laugh when Shunsui went: "I'm going to teach Zaraki Kenpachi how to kill people!"
    Perhaps he means, "I'm going to teach Kenny how to be efficient for once and get the fight over with as soon as possible."
    Last edited by nervmeister; 12-13-2012 at 06:43 AM.
    Declared a king among men by Black atom: 5/11/07
    Given a cool award, an awesome award, and the keys to the internet: 11/8/06
    Won thread:5/15/07
    Won a cool award: 6/28/07
    Won post of the year: 7/6/07

Quote Originally Posted by DABishop View Post
    In addition to having the worst life ever, having everyone he meets get brutally raped and/or killed, and being constantly hunted by demons, Guts also has the world's ugliest baby.

Congrats Guts, your life sucks.