Page 311 of 399 FirstFirst ... 211261301307308309310311312313314315321361 ... LastLast
Results 4,651 to 4,665 of 5974

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    And now I see why they put Mayuri in charge of the Twelft. Apparently they are supposed to be really unsettling and Urahara was just the exception.

So, wait, Urahara's predecessor was Hikifune, and that was when Mayuri was still in jail. Is the implication here that this Shutara person was captain of the Twelft Division even before Hikifune? The fact that she apparently knows Mayuri means she must have worked with him before he was imprisoned.
    Urahara was the founder and first chief of R&D, so she might be referring to his locks. I.e., she might've known Mayuri from his time as assistant chief.
    Soap Operus

"Gendou is probably the least whiny, but... well, let's just say that his reaction was probably not quite as healthy as a good whine."
    -The Drunkard Kid, on Evangelion

MangaStream's take of the chapter puts a slightly different spin on things, especially pompadour guy's dialogue. He comes off even more condescending towards Unohana, particularly since the positive inference in his parting shot is removed in this version and replaced with something completely different.

Quote Originally Posted by The Transient Guest View Post
    Nah, see she apparently knew Shinji and company from way back when and had put on all the weight post Zero division transfer. I mean his reaction certainly implies some sorta change to her physical appearance.
    That's what I mean. If she had always looked like that, she might just have been lazy and indulgent, kinda like Omaeda. But she obviously didn't look like that before the transfer, and I don't see why someone who is apparently part of the uppermost elite would suddenly put on enough weight to pass for a completely different person. Unless there's some shenanigans involved, and she did it on purpose.

Plus, she's the former head of the Twelfth Division, meaning she is probably a prep expert. Hell, maybe she isn't even fat at all - maybe she's pulling an Iwanbo and that's just a suit or something. Considering Urahara and Mayuri, that wouldn't surprise me at all.

Quote Originally Posted by MKTerra View Post
    Urahara was the founder and first chief of R&D, so she might be referring to his locks. I.e., she might've known Mayuri from his time as assistant chief.
    R&D isn't the same thing as Squad 12, though. Now, at least in my translation Shutara implied that the lab would have been harder to break into back when she was in charge, and IINM you have to be a captain in order to get promoted to Zero Division. We know she wasn't a captain during Turning Back The Pendulum and that Hikifune was captain of 12 before Urahara.

So either Shutara was a captain who was promoted before Hikifune, which implies Mayuri is really old even by shinigami standards and only got tossed in jail after she left; or she had a very short career as captain between Urahara and Mayuri, which would be weird because then she would have been a prominent shinigami at the time of TBTP and we would probably have seen her.
    "This doesn't look easy. But I bet it is!"
    -Homer Simpson

"Optimism through stalwart skepticism is a defect not everyone is lucky enough to be cursed with."
    -Homestuck

CBR Dark Tourny Master Robotech Master's Avatar
    On an Abh Battleship, somewhere in the Aptic System

A lot of readers have some suspicions about Shutara being a Trap. The 'Maru' in Shenshumaru is extremely masculine.

Wouldn't put it past Kubo.
    "It's your parting gift. In that it will part you; part of you over here, part of you over there, part of you way over there, staining the wall!" Lord Shen

Swedish Shinigami Dark Soul # 7's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robotech Master View Post
    A lot of readers have some suspicions about Shutara being a Trap. The 'Maru' in Shenshumaru is extremely masculine.

She used to hang around with Mayuri, probably before he was incarcerated.

I wouldn't be surprised if they tried out switching genders on eachother a few times over.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotech Master View Post

*looks back at chapter*

...It's possible, but I'm not sure that's Kubo's style. He hasn't actually used a lot of traps, and even that one guy I was convinced was a girl was just kinda androgynous. He didn't wear make-up and stuff.

Traps aren't even very meaningful to Kubo's style of storytelling - the typical reason to include one is to confuse the main character, and Ichigo pretty much doesn't give a damn if the person he's talking to is a man or a woman. Like, suppose Shutara is a guy? Is that actually going to matter? And it's not like Kubo is trying to make us readers uncertain - that person is clearly supposed to resemble a woman, at the very least.
    "This doesn't look easy. But I bet it is!"
    -Homer Simpson

"Optimism through stalwart skepticism is a defect not everyone is lucky enough to be cursed with."
    -Homestuck

This was actually one of my favorites though I really don't like Inouwe

Oh hell yes.
    spoilers:
    XCUTION lives.
    end of spoilers

CBR Dark Tourny Master Robotech Master's Avatar
    On an Abh Battleship, somewhere in the Aptic System

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Oh hell yes.
    spoilers:
    XCUTION lives.
    end of spoilers
    And the person who helped Urahara is pretty much all but confirmed to be Grimmjow, IMO.

Does this mean we can have Riruka back?

Now Kubo just needs to have Gin and Starrk show up out of nowhere and say "Eh, everyone else was coming back."
    "It's your parting gift. In that it will part you; part of you over here, part of you over there, part of you way over there, staining the wall!" Lord Shen

Yeah, that's Grimmjow. Also I think we got a huge hint to Isshin's identity. Kuukaku tells Ganju that they have to let Ichigo go up to the Royal Realm, even if it means "Uncle" will be sad.

Veteran Member

I am offended by the fact that the Fullbringers ended in Soul Society.

Tsukishima is stated to have broken people's minds by over-exerting his memory rewrites, for the lulz.

Giriko killed his wife with his time powers to see if he could, then killed some more folks offscreen.

Both these rat bastards ought to have received a one-way trip to Hell, courtesy of the Stab-Your-Soul travel agency.

More than likely none of the three dead Xcution members are there because they deserve to be. Likely they're there because they NEED to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Estrecca View Post
    I am offended by the fact that the Fullbringers ended in Soul Society.

Tsukishima is stated to have broken people's minds by over-exerting his memory rewrites, for the lulz.

Giriko killed his wife with his time powers to see if he could, then killed some more folks offscreen.

Both these rat bastards ought to have received a one-way trip to Hell, courtesy of the Stab-Your-Soul travel agency.
    That's not particulary worse than what people that are actually in Soul Society do though.

Presumably, if you want to go to hell in Bleach, you have to try really hard. Or there are some arbitrary requirements.
    Suffering is a fact of life. You survive if you find a reason to endure it.

Veteran Member

Also, so much for the King's Key.

Apparently, what Aizen really needed was a big cannon.

Cruel and Unusual Sound Silence's Avatar

Kubo is such a cocktease. We've basically deduced it was Grimmjow, and it's now all but confirmed to be Grimmjow, but he couldn't like, just SHOW us that it was Grimmjow?