Page 310 of 399 FirstFirst ... 210260300306307308309310311312313314320360 ... LastLast
Results 4,636 to 4,650 of 5979

Quote Originally Posted by 1505627 View Post
    speaking of bankais, i like the return of Ikkaku's totally secret bankai. so few people know about it
    I love that Ichigo didn't, and Mayuri was like: "Oh, right. Ikkaku has a secret bankai. Don't tell anyone, or whatever."

Quote Originally Posted by Saitou Hajime View Post
    It looks the same, but works differently. Which suits Mayuri's mindset, since he'd be the type of guy who would break his bankai down and tinker with it.
    The fact that you can do that means that you can repair them, even if it requires some modifications. If this was so, Mayuri would have said: "Bankai can be repaired, sure, but they won't be the same as before." That would have been a concern, but not a big deal. And anyway, Konjiki Ashisogi Jizō still seems just as powerful as it was before Ishida broke it.

What Mayuri is implying here is that putting a broken bankai back together again is extremely difficult - he didn't even seem quite sure how Akon managed to fix Ikakku's bankai - and that even if you do, it will come back notably weaker. Only, his own bankai is an exception and the only reason we are given is some very vague wording.
    "This doesn't look easy. But I bet it is!"
    -Homer Simpson

"Optimism through stalwart skepticism is a defect not everyone is lucky enough to be cursed with."
    -Homestuck

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Nothing happened in this chapter.

Zero Division are kind of dicks, they can apparently casually shit on the Gotei 13... urrrg...

Nice that there was some stuff about Retsu's past but I dislike the implication that the lead healer in Sereitei is apparently shit by comparison.
    Nik Hasta: "I'm not a ninja dammit!"

Respect the Mamudo Children!
    Follow me on Tumblr!

Okay, so... The bearded guy seems to be the well-adjusted one, at least.

Hikifune seems to be the silly one. (Which probably means she is insanely dangerous.) Wonder if her being fat has some kind of special significance? Say like being a part of her fighting style a la the Akimichi in Naruto? Calling it now.

I love that the Pompadour guy was actually straight up trying to troll Unohana. (And actually seemed to be succeeding.) Now there's a guy who just don't give a shit.

And now I see why they put Mayuri in charge of the Twelft. Apparently they are supposed to be really unsettling and Urahara was just the exception.

So, wait, Urahara's predecessor was Hikifune, and that was when Mayuri was still in jail. Is the implication here that this Shutara person was captain of the Twelft Division even before Hikifune? The fact that she apparently knows Mayuri means she must have worked with him before he was imprisoned.

Didn't like the way the chapter ended. Felt like the last page was missing. Also, damn you Kubo for dragging this out! I want to know who killed Kirge! oO
    -Homer Simpson

"Optimism through stalwart skepticism is a defect not everyone is lucky enough to be cursed with."
    -Homestuck

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Didn't like the way the chapter ended. Felt like the last page was missing. Also, damn you Kubo for dragging this out! I want to know who killed Kirge! oO
    Yoruichi convinced her previously uncooperative soul-cutter to come out of retirement.

That or Gin.

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Mandy View Post
    Yoruichi convinced her previously uncooperative soul-cutter to come out of retirement.

That or Gin.
    I still think it's Grimmjow.

Though, zanpakutou-wielding Yoruichi would be badass.
    -Homer Simpson

-Homestuck

Swedish Shinigami Dark Soul # 7's Avatar

Hikifune seems to be the silly one. (Which probably means she is insanely dangerous.) Wonder if her being fat has some kind of special significance? Say like being a part of her fighting style a la the Akimichi in Naruto? Calling it now.
    Yeah, she's probably going to turn into a uber-hottie once it's time for fighting stuff.

So far they're all mostly dicks but nothing too implicitly evil yet. I like the bearded dude and how easy going he is.

I'm guessing that Kenpachi wasn't as seriously injured as Byakuya then.

I wonder if the Vandenreich have some uber-guys of their own to take on these people.

Anti-Matter Eyes Eternal Torment's Avatar

Meanwhile, nobody asks Aizen anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Torment View Post
    Meanwhile, nobody asks Aizen anything.
    It's okay. Ichigo will totally free Aizen after he sees the Spirit King.

Then it's Team Up Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    It's okay. Ichigo will totally free Aizen after he sees the Spirit King.

Then it's Team Up Time!
    One has a hero complex, the other is a diabolical mastermind!

Together, they invade Heaven!
    Suffering is a fact of life. You survive if you find a reason to endure it.

Zero Dickvision.

That is all.

I am surprised that asshole is a healer, but if it works for House.....

I am gonna assume that he was telling Unohana it's time for her to start kicking ass, or something.
    Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of themself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I Live, I will kill you, If I Die, You are forgiven." Such is the Rule of Honor.

CBR Dark Tourny Master Robotech Master's Avatar
    On an Abh Battleship, somewhere in the Aptic System

Quote Originally Posted by Miburohunter929 View Post
    Zero Dickvision.

That is all.

I am surprised that asshole is a healer, but if it works for House.....

I am gonna assume that he was telling Unohana it's time for her to start kicking ass, or something.
    Yeah, it had a ring of "Your place is no longer in the hospital with Soul Society like this; it's on the battlefield." Or however it is she fights.
    "It's your parting gift. In that it will part you; part of you over here, part of you over there, part of you way over there, staining the wall!" Lord Shen

So Unohana actually sucks at healing compared to that one guy??

I like Zero Division so far, they seem to be pricks but they make the series seem fresher - at least right now they do.

Also it feels like we are missing a page or something. The way the chapter ended sucked in my opinion. Ugh... cliffhangers!

The Zero Division didn't seem that bad to me. The only one who came off antagonistic was the healer guy, and it was mainly only towards Soifon and Unohana; the former because of her usual impetuous insolence, and the latter had some Hiko/Kenshin vibe in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotech Master View Post
    Yeah, it had a ring of "Your place is no longer in the hospital with Soul Society like this; it's on the battlefield." Or however it is she fights.
    I took it as inferring that she would take old man genocide's place and lead the Gotei 13.
    "Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die." -Mel Brooks
    OIF 08-09
    OEF 10-11
    Do it yourself tech support link

About that, I lied. The Transient Guest's Avatar

Nah, see she apparently knew Shinji and company from way back when and had put on all the weight post Zero division transfer. I mean his reaction certainly implies some sorta change to her physical appearance.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Yeah, she's probably going to turn into a uber-hottie once it's time for fighting stuff.
    Still possible, she could always have picked up new training and tricks in her defense of the king.
    Siriel:
    Transient just likes to do that.

Why he keeps picking up ridiculous arguments and then try to defend them, I will never know.