Page 309 of 399 FirstFirst ... 209259299305306307308309310311312313319359 ... LastLast
Results 4,621 to 4,635 of 5975
    Cruel and Unusual Sound Silence's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robotech Master View Post
    So this is trolling because people didn't expect the designs for the zero division to be so One Piece-like?
    Actually, I think muscle Kon is the trolling.

And yeah, it does look like Eiichiro Oda lost a bet and had to design Kubo's next set of characters.

So, wait. You can't repair a broken bankai back to its full capacity? But Mayuri had his own bankai blown in half by Ishida. He says he "remodeled" it rather than fix it, but seriously, what is the differance?

I'm usually pretty forgiving towards Kubo's retcons but this does kinda feel like something he pulled out of his ass literally just now and is really having to rationalize a lot to make it work.
    "This doesn't look easy. But I bet it is!"
    -Homer Simpson

"Optimism through stalwart skepticism is a defect not everyone is lucky enough to be cursed with."
    -Homestuck

So Ichigo's bankai is lost forever?

And finally we get to see Squad Zero. I like their designs. I wonder if we will get to see the Soul King at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by SSJLuffy View Post
    So Ichigo's bankai is lost forever?
    This particular one? Probably.

But I think we all know that this is just setting him up for something even better.
    -Homer Simpson

"Optimism through stalwart skepticism is a defect not everyone is lucky enough to be cursed with."
    -Homestuck

CBR Dark Tourny Master Robotech Master's Avatar
    On an Abh Battleship, somewhere in the Aptic System

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    So, wait. You can't repair a broken bankai back to its full capacity? But Mayuri had his own bankai blown in half by Ishida. He says he "remodeled" it rather than fix it, but seriously, what is the differance?

I'm usually pretty forgiving towards Kubo's retcons but this does kinda feel like something he pulled out of his ass literally just now and is really having to rationalize a lot to make it work.
    Didn't Mayuri stab himself with his Zanpakuto to do the liquify trick right after the giant baby caterpillar thing was blown in half. Meaning I think in his case, the baby is more like a summon as opposed to the blade itself transforming, since he still had it in his hand and was able to use it after sustaining those injuries. So I guess Mayuri's doesn't count as destroyed unless you literally break his sword.
    "It's your parting gift. In that it will part you; part of you over here, part of you over there, part of you way over there, staining the wall!" Lord Shen

Unsure of how to feel about this.

It kind of makes sense. Kind of like how Arrancar couldn't recover the damage done to their Released Forms.

It is being introduced way too late though.

Plus, Orihime.

Meh.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotech Master View Post
    Didn't Mayuri stab himself with his Zanpakuto to do the liquify trick right after the giant baby caterpillar thing was blown in half. Meaning I think in his case, the baby is more like a summon as opposed to the blade itself transforming, since he still had it in his hand and was able to use it after sustaining those injuries. So I guess Mayuri's doesn't count as destroyed unless you literally break his sword.
    I don't think so - the sword pretty explicitly transformed into Konjiki Ashisogi Jizō and Mayuri was no longer holding it after that point. He does hold his (notably broken) sword after Ishida destroyed the bankai, but it has been stated that the bankai returns to its sealed state when its wielder is close to death, so it might just have been because Mayuri was missing half his torso.

Anyway, the reason this annoys me is because we are asked to believe that all broken bankai we've seen so far were either exceptions or broken in such a way that we pretty much have to take Mayuri's word that they couldn't be repaired. It's pretty obvious Kubo didn't think about this until recently or he would have actually forshadowed it way back when, rather than handwaving it now.
    -Homer Simpson

-Homestuck

Omnidisciplinary Nerd

speaking of bankais, i like the return of Ikkaku's totally secret bankai. so few people know about it

the demon king rules master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chilled monkey View Post
    Exactly. That is why I adore the Arcs I mentioned. We got to see Orihime in action some more, same with Momo and to a lesser degree Isane.

(Although the term "filler" makes no sense to me. Way I see it, anything people make money for is canon. Plus the anime is better as it has more stuff, so again it's all canon).

Plus, I do not get how anyone couldn't like the Bount Arc. It had vampires! What could be cooler antagonists than that?

Answer; soul-sucking vampires!

Also Yoshino was a great character and I liked her scenes with Ishida.

Edit: Sorry, I forgot about the Beast Sword Arc. That was cool too. We got to see Tatsuki, Chizuru and the others. Plus Orihime was instrumental in saving an innocent life and she made a new friend.
    the bounts just seemed like chumps. i didnt buy these guys as major threats nor did i care about them enough.
    COCAINE IS MY GOD AND I AM THE LIVING INSTRUMENT OF ITS WILL!!
    snowflame, new guardians #2
    wanna make some quick cash?

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    Plus, Orihime.
    One would think after what she did for Aizen and Grimjow she's be on people Speed dials by now...especially with old man genocide....whoops guess he's back alive again.

Although I do have to wonder if Orihime can "reject" the idea of Bankai's being stolen.

Have Robot, Will Smash Iron_twister's Avatar

You know, it would kind of amusing in a dark way if Juhabach out of everyone actually realizes just how Orihime's power could potentially mess up his plans and opts to have her killed right off the bat.

I mean that'll be terrible but hey, she can do some crazy stuff once in a while with those abilities and I'm surprised how little use she's been getting despite those powers.
    Last edited by Iron_twister; 11-14-2012 at 06:51 PM.
    "This is the energy that caused the extinction of your race! Now die again!"-Musashi Tomoe

It's better to burn out, than to fade away!-The Kurgan

Please.........I go through everyone's trash.-The Question

"I said, I'm singing a song. And when someone's singing a song, YOU DON'T SHOOT THEM!"-Kenji Endo

I don't like Orihime at all, but it kinda pisses me off how underused she is. Same with most of the other "main" characters besides Ichigo (I like Chad, Uryuu and Rukia). The side characters do more in this series.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    So, wait. You can't repair a broken bankai back to its full capacity? But Mayuri had his own bankai blown in half by Ishida. He says he "remodeled" it rather than fix it, but seriously, what is the difference?
    It looks the same, but works differently. Which suits Mayuri's mindset, since he'd be the type of guy who would break his bankai down and tinker with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Saitou Hajime View Post
    It looks the same, but works differently. Which suits Mayuri's mindset, since he'd be the type of guy who would break his bankai down and tinker with it.
    Mayuri probably COULD "remodel" Ichigo's bankai for him, but I think it was established toward the end of the Hueco Mundo arc that he doesn't really like Ichigo.
    When you are suffering, know that I have betrayed you.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacksane19 View Post
    Mayuri probably COULD "remodel" Ichigo's bankai for him, but I think it was established toward the end of the Hueco Mundo arc that he doesn't really like Ichigo.
    That doesn't necessarily change anything, and in fact serves Mayuri's purposes even more. He could implant some sinister trojan horse in Ichigo's bankai to be triggered at a moment of his choosing.