Page 308 of 399 FirstFirst ... 208258298304305306307308309310311312318358 ... LastLast
Results 4,606 to 4,620 of 5974

Quote Originally Posted by MrMancha View Post
    just saying if its every been discussed in the show
    I want to say that the reincarnation part was implied early on. As far as Rukia's gigai and Isshin being able to have kids, the show has never touched those topics.

Quote Originally Posted by SSJLuffy
    The only filler arc I didn't see is the most recent one, the Reigai arc. I enjoyed the Bount arc, but it was way too long. The New Capain filler arc was booooring, and the Zanpakto Rebellion arc was surprisingly good. But I don't plan on checking out the newest filler arc, when I know stuff is filler I just don't wanna watch it unless its at most 5 or 6 episodes.

The best filler arc I've ever seen though is probably in One Piece, the G8 arc. It just flowed extremely well, it just felt like a less serious One Piece, which was fine after Alabasta and Skypiea. Another good filler arc is the Garlic Junior arc in DBZ. Short and sweet, and it fit right in
    I agree that the Bount Arc should have been about half as long as it was. The Garlic Jr Saga pretty much set my standard for all subsequent filler in anime. It had good fighting, offered a genuinely interesting twist, and it made due without Goku or Vegeta. I honestly wish we could have had one Bleach filler that focused on Chad, Ishida, and Orihime dealing with a threat when Ichigo's powers were gone.
    When you are suffering, know that I have betrayed you.

Cruel and Unusual Sound Silence's Avatar

Commenting on filler: Garlic Jr. saga was so great because it gave the other characters a chance to shine, because Goku was still missing at the time. That alone makes it grand to me.

I can forgive mediocre fillers if it lets underused characters have some limelight.

I'm glad this battle is over. I'm really curious to see what happened with Uryuu, Hiyori, and Urahara. Any predictions? I'm guessing the sword at Urahara's throat belonged to Grimmjow, but I have no idea who appeared near Hiyori. She said she smelled Shinigami; were there any Shinigami we know of who were unaccounted for?

Quote Originally Posted by Jacksane19 View Post
    said she smelled Shinigami; were there any Shinigami we know of who were unaccounted for?
    Ichimaru Gin.
    Suffering is a fact of life. You survive if you find a reason to endure it.

Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    Ichimaru Gin.
    lol, wouldn't that be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    Ichimaru Gin.

Won 6 Awesome Awards, 2Cool awards, 2 internets, a Raging storm and funniest video award
    My RPG Site!

This chapter:

Some people we were all expecting show up.

And also someone probably nobody was expecting.

Komamura.

Fuck yeah. I knew you wouldn't let me down.

Poor Ikkaku, Renji, and....Well, whoever else I guess.

Not sure what I think of the Zero division though.

...I like the hot bitch, am fairly sure the guy with the glasses is black, and dear god, that beard on the one guy.

...I like the Kuwabara roll on the dude.

...The other chick....Not sure.
    Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of themself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I Live, I will kill you, If I Die, You are forgiven." Such is the Rule of Honor.

Quote Originally Posted by Miburohunter929 View Post
    Not sure what I think of the Zero division though.
    They certainly look... different. Wonder which one's Hikifune.

...The other chick....Not sure.
    spoilers:
    Peter Griffin
    end of spoilers
    Soap Operus

"Gendou is probably the least whiny, but... well, let's just say that his reaction was probably not quite as healthy as a good whine."
    -The Drunkard Kid, on Evangelion

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Dear lord the trolling... the trolling...

Last edited by Nik Hasta; 11-14-2012 at 02:59 AM.
    Nik Hasta: "I'm not a ninja dammit!"

Respect the Mamudo Children!
    Follow me on Tumblr!

Welp, Zero Division looks goofier than I expected.
    "A fast low flying Power Girl could take out a platoon of soldiers without even throwing a punch."
    -someone on the DC forums

Quote Originally Posted by Sound Silence View Post
    Commenting on filler: Garlic Jr. saga was so great because it gave the other characters a chance to shine, because Goku was still missing at the time. That alone makes it grand to me.

I can forgive mediocre fillers if it lets underused characters have some limelight.
    Exactly. That is why I adore the Arcs I mentioned. We got to see Orihime in action some more, same with Momo and to a lesser degree Isane.

(Although the term "filler" makes no sense to me. Way I see it, anything people make money for is canon. Plus the anime is better as it has more stuff, so again it's all canon).

Plus, I do not get how anyone couldn't like the Bount Arc. It had vampires! What could be cooler antagonists than that?

Answer; soul-sucking vampires!

Also Yoshino was a great character and I liked her scenes with Ishida.

Edit: Sorry, I forgot about the Beast Sword Arc. That was cool too. We got to see Tatsuki, Chizuru and the others. Plus Orihime was instrumental in saving an innocent life and she made a new friend.
    Last edited by chilled monkey; 11-14-2012 at 08:33 AM.

CBR Dark Tourny Master Robotech Master's Avatar
    On an Abh Battleship, somewhere in the Aptic System

So this is trolling because people didn't expect the designs for the zero division to be so One Piece-like?

Quote Originally Posted by chilled monkey View Post
    (Although the term "filler" makes no sense to me. Way I see it, anything people make money for is canon. Plus the anime is better as it has more stuff, so again it's all canon).
    This is not at all how Canon works. The creator of the work decides what is canon, and they are armed with the right to strike things from that canon at will, even long after that thing was published/aired/whatever. Since anime filler is traditionally not associated with the actual writings of the author, that is why those things are usually not canon. "more stuff" and you liking it doesn't really change that--and certainly 'making money for' is no indicator--stuff gets retconned or struck into apocrypha all the time
    Plus, I do not get how anyone couldn't like the Bount Arc. It had vampires! What could be cooler antagonists than that?

Answer; soul-sucking vampires!
    The arc itself was rather boring. Yoshino was the only new person who was interesting, and the little bit of her development with Ishida was the only thing that wasn't static about the characterization of the established cast.

Other people have mentioned the Garlic Jr. Arc from DBZ; my personal standard for fillers is the Youkai Cat arc from InuYasha. Had powerful antagonists with a connection to InuYasha's father, lasted only 3-4 episodes, and most importantly--it established a very different, never before seen in-depth look at the relationship between Sesshoumaru and InuYasha, going so far as to introduce a new element for why Sesshoumaru begrudged his brother that the manga didn't even hint at. It may not strictly be canon, but at least it's clear that they really did try to do something other than stall time. That's something you can't say for most of the other fillers in InuYasha.
    "It's your parting gift. In that it will part you; part of you over here, part of you over there, part of you way over there, staining the wall!" Lord Shen

Lol, Zero Division looks like a bunch of weirdos. Not really what I expected.

Though, I'm mostly surprised there are only five members. I had anticipated there to be ten or seven of them.
    "This doesn't look easy. But I bet it is!"
    -Homer Simpson

"Optimism through stalwart skepticism is a defect not everyone is lucky enough to be cursed with."
    -Homestuck