Page 307 of 399 FirstFirst ... 207257297303304305306307308309310311317357 ... LastLast
Results 4,591 to 4,605 of 5974

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    She totally did.

Thing is, deep down she hated Old Man Genocide.

So while all the crazy was happening she all like "Yeah, I could go out there and kick ass, but the Commander told me to stay here..."

*Senses Yama get sliced in half*

"Such a shame."
    Plus, she has seniority over the other captains. So, unless the Royal Court sends them a new captain commander, that means Unahana is calling the shots now.

Quote Originally Posted by Miburohunter929 View Post
    Kubo has to be trolling us now.

I'm glad Byakuya is alive, but....

You pretty much gave him two seperate death scenes, and he's still not dead?

That's outright trollishness.
    Kubo actually tried to kill Byakuya. Twice. But Byakuya was so noble, even his own creator could not kill him.
    "This doesn't look easy. But I bet it is!"
    -Homer Simpson

"Optimism through stalwart skepticism is a defect not everyone is lucky enough to be cursed with."
    -Homestuck

I'm glad Byakuya is alive.... but he should be dead. Hopefully he isn't useless and he recovers and kicks some Quincy ass.

Quote Originally Posted by SSJLuffy View Post
    Sorry for commenting 3 times in a row... but I just wanted to say this arc is awesome! I'm finally caught up and all this shit has been hitting the fan.

Well now I'm all caught up to both Naruto and Bleach, I wonder what I'll read next. Pretty happy I get to read it weekly.
    Did you make sure to watch the anime-only Arcs?

You should, because they are ACE!

The Bount Arc = awesome!

Reigai Arc = awesome!

Zanpakuto Rebellion Arc = awesome!

And so on.

Anyway, good chapter. Nice to see Isane again, although not so much her being so sad. Also Orihime and the others are (seemingly) okay which is great. Not as good as actually being in the chapter but better than nothing. Looking forwards to seeing them hopefully soon.

Looking forwards also to seeing Shino and Yuki again. I'm pretty sure they're in for the long haul, seeing as they were specifically given a "way out."
    Last edited by chilled monkey; 11-07-2012 at 09:13 PM.

CBR Dark Tourny Master Robotech Master's Avatar
    On an Abh Battleship, somewhere in the Aptic System

Quote Originally Posted by chilled monkey View Post

The Bount Arc = awesome!

Reigai Arc = awesome!

And so on.

Anyway, good chapter. Nice to see Isane again, although not so much her being so sad. Also Orihime and the others are (seemingly) okay which is great. Not as good as actually being in the chapter but better than nothing. Looking forwards to seeing them hopefully soon.

Looking forwards also to seeing Shino and Yuki again. I'm pretty sure they're in for the long haul, seeing as they were specifically given a "way out."
    I'll raise you that the Zanpakuto rebellion arc is pretty good. The follow up to that though is pretty bland, and the new Captain Amagai thing is ok (mainly just because of some of the side characters), but the Bount arc? That's the complete opposite of awesome IMO. So bad that Cartoon Network actually put "we're gonna try to rush through this bount crap and get to some arrancar goodness" in their ads.
    "It's your parting gift. In that it will part you; part of you over here, part of you over there, part of you way over there, staining the wall!" Lord Shen

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Yeah, the Bount Arc was seriously weak.

Made me drop the anime and go back to the manga.
    Nik Hasta: "I'm not a ninja dammit!"

Respect the Mamudo Children!
    Follow me on Tumblr!

Quote Originally Posted by Robotech Master View Post
    I'll raise you that the Zanpakuto rebellion arc is pretty good. The follow up to that though is pretty bland, and the new Captain Amagai thing is ok (mainly just because of some of the side characters), but the Bount arc? That's the complete opposite of awesome IMO. So bad that Cartoon Network actually put "we're gonna try to rush through this bount crap and get to some arrancar goodness" in their ads.
    I haven't seen the Captain Amagain arc. I've wanted to, mind, but turns out it's really hard to find episodes from the middle of the anime.

But yeah, Zanpakutou Rebellion was surprisingly awesome. The Reigai Uprising dragged a bit on occasion, but it was mostly okay and had a kickass finale.
    -Homer Simpson

"Optimism through stalwart skepticism is a defect not everyone is lucky enough to be cursed with."
    -Homestuck

Swedish Shinigami Dark Soul # 7's Avatar

According to the MS translation Shinji didn't operate on Rukia and Renji. He just informed Ichigo about it.

And I just noticed that Komamura is missing an ear. Kubo apparently took all the critisims about people only ever losing their arms to heart.
    I'm also happy to see Hanatarou in surgery clothes giving out orders.

As for the filler arcs.

Bount arc: Only saw a few single fight episodes but it seemed pretty dull for the most part. Though I liked the previous member of the 11th division.

Captain Amagai arc: I rather like this one. It's not the best in terms of story but it's good enough in that regard. High points are the OCs, the awesome fights Rukia, Ishida and Chad get in the middle and Ichigo dealing with his mothers death in a satisfying fashion.

Zanpakuto Rebellion arc: Great for a filler arc. Awesome action scenes, a good story, enjoyable characters and Byakuya had a fun part to play in it. Two of the best final battle scenes I've seen rounded it up nicely. When this season comes to DVD here in Sweden I'm totally getting it. I didn't watch the following shorter arc as I felt the initial ending was good enough.

Reigai arc: Story was ok, I would've probably liked it a lot more if they would just give Kon his own proper body. The actions scenes were the real highlight of this one IMO. Komamura vs. Reigai Soifon, Byakuya and Kenpachi against their reigais, finally getting to see what Yamamoto vs. Shunsui and Juushiro would look like, the big brawl where the captains took on Kageroza and his reigai (bonus points for an awesome Mayuri moment here) and the balls to the walls insane final battle atop Sogyokou hill. Those were awesome.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Reigai Unohana was bags of fun.

"High level kidou spells without chanting! High level kidou everywhere!"
    Nik Hasta: "I'm not a ninja dammit!"

Respect the Mamudo Children!
    Follow me on Tumblr!

The Bount Arc = awesome!

Reigai Arc = awesome!

And so on.

I judge the filler arcs based on how well they fit canon and how well they use the existing characters in the story. That being said,

Bount Arc was okay. I liked Ishida's role in it and his crossbow-weapon, and it made sense in terms of canon

Amagai Arc was awful. I didn't care for any of the new characters and felt like Ichigo and other existing characters were poorly utilized. I liked the concept of the parasite-like weapons, but they didn't really take it anywhere. I think the only part I enjoyed at all was Kira vs. his 3rd Seat.

Zanpakuto Rebellion was decent. My main complaint was that I felt like it dragged and I wasn't a fan of them changing Renji's Zanpakuto spirit while leaving Ichigo's alone. Pros were Ichigo going full hollow and Byakuya's role.

I didn't bother to watch the Sword Beast arc because I was really sick of filler by that point and found it to have a rather weak premise.

Reigai Arc was decent. I felt like Kon's story was kind of forced. I just can't take him seriously. Pros were Ichigo's powers fading over time and Soifon vs Komamura.

Bount and Reigai were my favorites because they worked with the existing story (Ishida losing his powers, Ichigo losing his powers) and the new characters weren't TOO annoying.
    When you are suffering, know that I have betrayed you.

the demon king rules master of read's Avatar

time for my thoughts on the fillers:

the bount arc was total crap. i didnt find the villains to be interesting or threatening. it just felt like they werent really trying. just skip it if you can.

the amagai arc was average at best. nothing very bad but nothing very good.

the zanpakuto rebellion was the best filler to date. interesting story, great characters, awesome fights. just everything you want in a filler.

cant say anything about the reigai arc since i never saw it, save for a few fights.
    COCAINE IS MY GOD AND I AM THE LIVING INSTRUMENT OF ITS WILL!!
    snowflame, new guardians #2
    wanna make some quick cash?

where do shingami go when they die a second time?
    sense this like everybody's second life, what about rukia becoming human if she stayed in the gigai
    why is this hardly mentioned
    also isshn being able to have kids
    Last edited by MrMancha; 11-08-2012 at 08:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MrMancha View Post
    where do shingami go when they die a second time?
    sense this like everybody's second life, what about rukia becoming human if she stayed in the gigai
    why is this hardly mentioned
    also isshn being able to have kids
    Reincarnation as a human, what about it?, and Isshin had his best bud Urahara make him a fertile gigai.
    When you are suffering, know that I have betrayed you.

The Bount Arc = awesome!

Reigai Arc = awesome!

And so on.

The only filler arc I didn't see is the most recent one, the Reigai arc. I enjoyed the Bount arc, but it was way too long. The New Capain filler arc was booooring, and the Zanpakto Rebellion arc was surprisingly good. But I don't plan on checking out the newest filler arc, when I know stuff is filler I just don't wanna watch it unless its at most 5 or 6 episodes.

The best filler arc I've ever seen though is probably in One Piece, the G8 arc. It just flowed extremely well, it just felt like a less serious One Piece, which was fine after Alabasta and Skypiea. Another good filler arc is the Garlic Junior arc in DBZ. Short and sweet, and it fit right in.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Zanpakuto Rebellion arc: Great for a filler arc. Awesome action scenes, a good story, enjoyable characters and Byakuya had a fun part to play in it. Two of the best final battle scenes I've seen rounded it up nicely. When this season comes to DVD here in Sweden I'm totally getting it. I didn't watch the following shorter arc as I felt the initial ending was good enough.
    The Beast Sword arc was pretty bad. Early on I thought they could have done something interesting with it (Zanpakutou wielding Hollows!) but it turned out to mostly be short vingettes and wrapping up with everything going back to usual. Actually, I had kinda hoped the zanpakutou spirits would just kinda keep hanging around and the rest of the fillers would take place in this weird alternate universe with twice as many characters. Alas, it was not to be.

(bonus points for an awesome Mayuri moment here)
    "Yo, dawg! I heard you tried to kill me and replace me with a fake so I killed the fake and replaced him with a fake and that fake was me!"
    -Homer Simpson

-Homestuck

Quote Originally Posted by Jacksane19 View Post
    Reincarnation as a human, what about it?, and Isshin had his best bud Urahara make him a fertile gigai.
    just saying if its every been discussed in the show