Page 214 of 399 FirstFirst ... 114164204210211212213214215216217218224264314 ... LastLast
Results 3,196 to 3,210 of 5974

Quote Originally Posted by Totoro Man View Post
    I was thinking about why I don't care for Hitsugaya-- and the answer is "there's no Hinamori". Hitsugaya was interesting for precisely as long as he interacted with his lieutenants-- particularly Hinamori. once Hinamori got written out of the story the guy became sorta faceless and dull. Imagine if Byakuya's connection to Rukia got written out of the story-- and he had less of a personality, and a more generic bankai. cuz Byakuya's bankai is pretty interesting.
    I don't quite get the last comparison. How much did Rukia and Byakuya interact in manga past Arrancar arc? Not that much more, and while I may not have liked Momo's character arc she and Matsumoto were certainly interacting with Hitsugaya (he y'know stabbed Momo, etc) sure there could'be been more but aside from Ichigo's interactions with people which two characters (outside of main humans) had a ton of time dedicated to them outside a fight or flashback? Eh I also disagree Kuchiki has more personality and better bankai.

I only read the manga-- so maybe I'm missing something. personal preference, I guess. Byakuya was related to Rukia (who USED to be a main character, lol). started off as a seemingly invincible antagonist-- Ichigo had to fight him a few times before finally winning. Byakuya had to reveal why he wasn't trying to save Rukia. basically-- your standard bad guy becomes good guy sort of trope. granted, I have to say that Hitsugya's earlier detective work and suspicons of Aizen made him a lot of fun (and unusual for that part of the story)... but as manga rolls on I just find Byakuya more fun to read about. I guess the difference is that Hitsugaya has been given so little page time that I forgot why I liked him earlier! Byakuya's so irredeemably elitest and snobby that it's easier for me to remember him, lol.

Don't do the Limbo sunofdarkchild's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Totoro Man View Post
    I only read the manga-- so maybe I'm missing something. personal preference, I guess. Byakuya was related to Rukia (who USED to be a main character, lol). started off as a seemingly invincible antagonist-- Ichigo had to fight him a few times before finally winning. Byakuya had to reveal why he wasn't trying to save Rukia. basically-- your standard bad guy becomes good guy sort of trope. granted, I have to say that Hitsugya's earlier detective work and suspicons of Aizen made him a lot of fun (and unusual for that part of the story)... but as manga rolls on I just find Byakuya more fun to read about. I guess the difference is that Hitsugaya has been given so little page time that I forgot why I liked him earlier! Byakuya's so irredeemably elitest and snobby that it's easier for me to remember him, lol.
    Yeah. His role is much bigger in the anime.

If you want to get into the character check out episode 132, aka the soccer episode, and episode 239. Both are fillers, but 132 singlehandedly created a shipping fandom, and 239 is the best look into the character in the series.

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    Going back to something I said above, in the Zanpakto rebellion arc Hyorinmaru and Hanataro's sword were the only blades that did not harbor any resentment towards their masters. Could there be some canon truth to this?
    Well, if anyone is going to treat his Zanpakto nicely it would be Hanataro.

As for Hyorinmaru, he's special. That was made clear the first time Hitsugaya uses it. He's the only sword that has appeared more than once in history as far as we know. Assuming reincarnation and that all guys using Hyorinmaru are all actually one person who keeps reincarnating, well, that implies one deep bond.

Cruel and Unusual Sound Silence's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    He finger flicked Aizen through three buildings.
    Without even touching him, too.

True. Kenpachi hates doing anything other than sword fighting. But a man causes that much destruction with a sealed zanpakto has a lot of physical strength. He can destroy vast areas of ground by jumping on them, and in the second movie lifted a combination mountain/fortress.
    I find that interesting because logically, a lot of the captains should be super-strong, but he rarely see them exhibit that force apart from attacks. It always seems weird to me to imagine them lifting heavy objects, even though they should have the strength to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Sound Silence View Post
    I find that interesting because logically, a lot of the captains should be super-strong, but he rarely see them exhibit that force apart from attacks. It always seems weird to me to imagine them lifting heavy objects, even though they should have the strength to do so.
    There strength did seem weird because IIRC Kira using his power on Matsumoto's sword madeit 100 lbs or so and that made it too heavy for her to reasonably lift (until she used shikai). Of course maybe the rapid weight increase surprised her or something and 100 lbs is nothing to a shinigami when they are ready for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fast View Post
    There strength did seem weird because IIRC Kira using his power on Matsumoto's sword madeit 100 lbs or so and that made it too heavy for her to reasonably lift (until she used shikai). Of course maybe the rapid weight increase surprised her or something and 100 lbs is nothing to a shinigami when they are ready for it.
    Well, Rangiku could just have low strength too.

But think of the strength it would take, say, Gin to swing a sword that was extending at least a couple city blocks. Even if the weight isn't all that much, the comparitive strength needed to hold it up like that is much more, and then chop building with it.

I suppose it seems more confusing in Bleach since the power in their attacks is not necessarily muscle force, but exerting their energy, so it's a bit like some martial arts characters having chi-boosted striking power that is much greater than what their muscles can lift.

Quote Originally Posted by Fast View Post
    To be fair, when Hitsusaya stopped Kira and Hinamori's fight after they found Aizen dead he blocked Wabiske with Hyorinmaru when Wabiske was released, so Hyorinmaru's weight must have doubled with him not reaxting at all. I think Ichigo proved that people at captain level are physically far above lieutenants when he punched through Omaeda and his sword.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpDpgXL9R8c

Komamura would seem to be pretty weak though. I don't want to know what squad 12 found.

About that, I lied. The Transient Guest's Avatar

I think Ichigo proved that people at captain level are physically far above lieutenants when he punched through Omaeda and his sword.
    Sure about that? One of those people that he punched through was captain level. Or at the very least was capable of bankai.
    Siriel:
    Transient just likes to do that.

Why he keeps picking up ridiculous arguments and then try to defend them, I will never know.

Komamura would seem to be pretty weak though. I don't want to know what squad 12 found.
    Well, I'm sure that comes as no surprise.

Swedish Shinigami Dark Soul # 7's Avatar

I don't think that physical strength is that much of a major factor for becoming a captain. If it was Renji should be a captain by now, he's totally stronger than guys like Byakuya and Toshiro as far as physical strength goes.

Omnidisciplinary Nerd

To be fair, when Hitsusaya stopped Kira and Hinamori's fight after they found Aizen dead he blocked Wabiske with Hyorinmaru when Wabiske was released, so Hyorinmaru's weight must have doubled with him not reaxting at all. I think Ichigo proved that people at captain level are physically far above lieutenants when he punched through Omaeda and his sword.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpDpgXL9R8c

didn't he toss around the huge whale fraccion?

Quote Originally Posted by 1505627 View Post
    didn't he toss around the huge whale fraccion?
    That was a joke on the video where he used his huge bankai to lift a small dresser.

Going back to something I said above, in the Zanpakto rebellion arc Hyorinmaru and Hanataro's sword were the only blades that did not harbor any resentment towards their masters. Could there be some canon truth to this?
    Nitpic: Hisagomaru wasn't in that arc, he only showed up in the wrap-up arc following it.

While on the subject, I was actually kinda hoping they'd make Hisagomaru's spirit into this really cool guy, as a kind a contrast to Hanataro himself. Too bad they didn't go with that.
    "This doesn't look easy. But I bet it is!"
    -Homer Simpson

"Optimism through stalwart skepticism is a defect not everyone is lucky enough to be cursed with."
    -Homestuck

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Nitpic: Hisagomaru wasn't in that arc, he only showed up in the wrap-up arc following it.

While on the subject, I was actually kinda hoping they'd make Hisagomaru's spirit into this really cool guy, as a kind a contrast to Hanataro himself. Too bad they didn't go with that.
    Isn't a Zanpakto supposed to be a reflection of its master's personality. Hard to see how they could do that. On the other hand, finding out that Hanataro had that kind of streak would be cool and make him more like Unohana.