Page 172 of 399 FirstFirst ... 72122162168169170171172173174175176182222272 ... LastLast
Results 2,566 to 2,580 of 5972
    Swedish Shinigami Dark Soul # 7's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Well, I've only seen a couple.

Zanpakutou Rebellion arc was awesome. Good writing, a boatload of interesting new characters, great fights, etc.

The following Toujo Campaign arc was kinda disappointing and didn't feel entirely necessary. It mostly served as an excuse to get rid of the Zanpakutou spirits. (Even though there is no way that storyline fits into the continuity at all, and might as well be considered AU.)

The Reigai Uprising arc was okay - it had some issues but was over-all worth seeing, gave Kon a reason to exist, and ended with one hell of a final battle.
    Pretty much agreed on all here. And adding that I found the Captan Amagai filler arc to be rather enjoyable. It had its ups and down but for the most part it was interesting and had some good new characters (Lurichiyo, Kenryuu and Enryuu are hilarious and awesome and nobody can convince me of otherwise). I also really enjoyed how it gave Ichigo some real closure about his mother's death.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost
    Well, I've only seen a couple.

Zanpakutou Rebellion arc was awesome. Good writing, a boatload of interesting new characters, great fights, etc.

The following Toujo Campaign arc was kinda disappointing and didn't feel entirely necessary. It mostly served as an excuse to get rid of the Zanpakutou spirits. (Even though there is no way that storyline fits into the continuity at all, and might as well be considered AU.)

The Reigai Uprising arc was okay - it had some issues but was over-all worth seeing, gave Kon a reason to exist, and ended with one hell of a final battle.
    I found the Zanpakutou Rebellion arc to be a waste of time. The only episode I actually enjoyed was Hollowified Ichigo vs Zangetsu and Muramasa, and even that was nothing epic. One reason I didn't like the Zanpakutou rebellion was that it didn't even try to fit into the canon; Zabimaru's spirit was different but Zangetsu wasn't and many of the zanpakutou spirits had abilities that their sword forms lacked. I only watched the first episode of the following arc because I assumed it would be worse. The Regai Uprising arc was decent, although I couldn't get attached to Nozomi and Kon was just annoying throughout. Mayuri, Hollowified Ichigo, Soifon vs Komamura, and the final battle were the only highlights.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Pretty much agreed on all here. And adding that I found the Captan Amagai filler arc to be rather enjoyable. It had its ups and down but for the most part it was interesting and had some good new characters (Lurichiyo, Kenryuu and Enryuu are hilarious and awesome and nobody can convince me of otherwise). I also really enjoyed how it gave Ichigo some real closure about his mother's death.

The Captain Amagai filler arc was by far my least favorite. I found the premise, characters, and battles to be run of the mill and dull and although they had a few interesting ideas like the bakoto the characters and uninspired choreography ruined it for me.
    I'm sure I'm in the vast minority in saying that the Bount arc was actually one of my favorites. Granted, it doesn't hold up to the real episodes but at least it managed to fit within the timeline and I enjoyed Uryuu's struggle to fight after losing his Quincy powers. The characters were nothing special, nor were the battles but the concept of Dolls was interesting. After Jin Kiraya and the others went to soul society I felt like the arc had gone on a bit too long, but it definately wasn't the worst IMHO.
    When you are suffering, know that I have betrayed you.

Swedish Shinigami Dark Soul # 7's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jacksane19 View Post
    I found the Zanpakutou Rebellion arc to be a waste of time. The only episode I actually enjoyed was Hollowified Ichigo vs Zangetsu and Muramasa, and even that was nothing epic. One reason I didn't like the Zanpakutou rebellion was that it didn't even try to fit into the canon; Zabimaru's spirit was different but Zangetsu wasn't and many of the zanpakutou spirits had abilities that their sword forms lacked. I only watched the first episode of the following arc because I assumed it would be worse. The Regai Uprising arc was decent, although I couldn't get attached to Nozomi and Kon was just annoying throughout. Mayuri, Hollowified Ichigo, Soifon vs Komamura, and the final battle were the only highlights.

The Captain Amagai filler arc was by far my least favorite. I found the premise, characters, and battles to be run of the mill and dull and although they had a few interesting ideas like the bakoto the characters and uninspired choreography ruined it for me.
    I'm sure I'm in the vast minority in saying that the Bount arc was actually one of my favorites. Granted, it doesn't hold up to the real episodes but at least it managed to fit within the timeline and I enjoyed Uryuu's struggle to fight after losing his Quincy powers. The characters were nothing special, nor were the battles but the concept of Dolls was interesting. After Jin Kiraya and the others went to soul society I felt like the arc had gone on a bit too long, but it definately wasn't the worst IMHO.
    In regards to the whole fitting into the time-line thing I just found the whole situation with the animation team's need to put filler in the middle of the canon storyline so desperate that even Ichigo got messed around by it to be utterly hilarious.

It made it rather easier to just swallow the whole thing and just sit back and enjoy the stories.

the demon king rules master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    In regards to the whole fitting into the time-line thing I just found the whole situation with the animation team's need to put filler in the middle of the canon storyline so desperate that even Ichigo got messed around by it to be utterly hilarious.

It made it rather easier to just swallow the whole thing and just sit back and enjoy the stories.
    me too. the captain amagai and zanpakuto arcs were just little what if stories. trying to work filler into cannon doesn't always work. consider how stupid it would be if they tried. the previously mentioned arcs took place after ichigo's fight with grimmjow and before his fight with ully. the bount arc made a little sense since it took place in the months after SS end and before the arrancar arc began. the others dont have that luxury so they had to be what if stories.

not to mention, the bount arc gave us those damn mod souls. the most annoying and useless side characters ever. and the start of the bount arc was just a rip off of the start of the chapter black arc from YYH.
    COCAINE IS MY GOD AND I AM THE LIVING INSTRUMENT OF ITS WILL!!
    snowflame, new guardians #2
    wanna make some quick cash?

Does anyone read bleach for plot anymore or do you read it for the sexy characters and stylish fights? For me its the latter.
    Dont tell me. . . That man. . . In that place. . . At that time. . . With that jutsu. . . - lol, anime suspense kills me!

Quote Originally Posted by SonOf D. View Post
    Does anyone read bleach for plot anymore or do you read it for the sexy characters and stylish fights? For me its the latter.
    me, a little for the plot. there are still some unanswered questions that i want answered:

the backstory behind isshin.

who the king of the soul society is. or what he is.

what happened to the rest of the surviving espada.

various shikai and bankai.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    me, a little for the plot. there are still some unanswered questions that i want answered:

the backstory behind isshin.

who the king of the soul society is. or what he is.

what happened to the rest of the surviving espada.

various shikai and bankai.
    That's one of the reasons that I stopped paying attention to the plot. Add the fact that all the ground shaking plot developments never seem to change the status quo. The entire soul society governing body is killed, three captains turn evil, the captains are shown to be not very loyal, proof that sandle-hat was framed, hueco mundo is terraformed etc. WHO CARES!? It's like watching a saturday morning cartoon. Wheee pretty pictures!
    Dont tell me. . . That man. . . In that place. . . At that time. . . With that jutsu. . . - lol, anime suspense kills me!

That's one of the reasons that I stopped paying attention to the plot. Add the fact that all the ground shaking plot developments never seem to change the status quo. The entire soul society governing body is killed, three captains turn evil, the captains are shown to be not very loyal, proof that sandle-hat was framed, hueco mundo is terraformed etc. WHO CARES!? It's like watching a saturday morning cartoon. Wheee pretty pictures!
    i care because its interesting to me. sure the women are hot but its not the sole reason for me to read it. if i want to see rangiku is various stages of undress, i have my hentai for it.

i care because its interesting to me. sure the women are hot but its not the sole reason for me to read it. if i want to see rangiku is various stages of undress, i have my hentai for it.
    True, hentai is glorious. But too few of it has Kubo's aesthetic sense when it comes to character design. I had to stop caring because it was ruining my enjoyment. Urahara being reinstated, Ishin being arrested for being a runaway captain was just two of the things I expected to happen before or during the timeskip.

True, hentai is glorious. But too few of it has Kubo's aesthetic sense when it comes to character design. I had to stop caring because it was ruining my enjoyment. Urahara being reinstated, Ishin being arrested for being a runaway captain was just two of the things I expected to happen before or during the timeskip.
    why should he want to be reinstated? the R&D department is fine with kurotsuchi in charge. not to mention, he's quite fine with being where he is, doing what he's doing.

as for isshin, why should he be arrested? we dont know why he's not a soul reaper any more or why he got his powers back all of a sudden? its one of those mysteries i was talking about. we dont know the full story about him, how he got to where he is or why he's not a soul reaper any more. we dont even know if he did anything bad so there's nothing to warrant him being arrested. not to mention, he was instrumental in stopping aizen and allowing ichigo to learn FGT so he could beat aizen.

why should he want to be reinstated? the R&D department is fine with kurotsuchi in charge. not to mention, he's quite fine with being where he is, doing what he's doing.

as for isshin, why should he be arrested? we dont know why he's not a soul reaper any more or why he got his powers back all of a sudden? its one of those mysteries i was talking about. we dont know the full story about him, how he got to where he is or why he's not a soul reaper any more. we dont even know if he did anything bad so there's nothing to warrant him being arrested. not to mention, he was instrumental in stopping aizen and allowing ichigo to learn FGT so he could beat aizen.
    The R&D dep. is not fine, Mayuri is insane and a former criminal. Someone should be activily campaigning for his removal. Well since we never got to see how Soul Society normally functions, thanks to Aizen, I predict its behaviour by the actions of its current goverment, Yamamoto. Since old-yama has assholish knight templar tendencies I assumed a powerful soldier, Ishin, going AWOL is something he would frown upon

The R&D dep. is not fine, Mayuri is insane and a former criminal. Someone should be activily campaigning for his removal. Well since we never got to see how Soul Society normally functions, thanks to Aizen, I predict its behaviour by the actions of its current goverment, Yamamoto. Since old-yama has assholish knight templar tendencies I assumed a powerful soldier, Ishin, going AWOL is something he would frown upon
    sure he's insane but mayuri is the rightful head of R&D who kisuke personally got out of prison just to work with him. kisuke was given free reign to make the R&D division in any way he saw fit and mayuri was pardon to work with him so there's no problems. despite his tendencies, he's proven to be a valuable asset to the gotei 13. its just that no one likes being around or dealing directly. just makes him interesting.

and old yama isn't in charge of the government. that would be the central 46. yamamoto is in charge of the gotei 13 and only makes decisions of a military nature so he's cant make laws. and he's not a knight templar (which makes no sense in this case). like byakuya and soi kong, he believes in following and enforcing the law, regardless of if he agrees with it or not. its his job. its what he does. he, along with everyone, learned that blindly following the rules isn't always the best course of action so he's more lenient in that regard now. and like i said, we have no idea what the deal is with isshin is so you cant say he's in trouble with any one, let alone the gotei 13. so its inaccurate to assume he's in some kind of trouble since we dont know how or why he is no longer a soul reaper captain. and at this point, no one cares. all the positions are filled, and he's got a family to watch over so no one is jumping at the chance to get him to come back.

Has central 46 returned? Because after their deaths, Yama was placed in command. And i say he is a knight templar because based on his blind faith in the law he was willing to fight and kill two prize students he had raised and trained for centuries. Also im sure you know that goverments are always assholes in shonen. Always

Has central 46 returned? Because after their deaths, Yama was placed in command. And i say he is a knight templar because based on his blind faith in the law he was willing to fight and kill two prize students he had raised and trained for centuries. Also im sure you know that goverments are always assholes in shonen. Always
    they were reformed by the time of aizen's defeat. they handed down his sentence of 20,000 years.

the knights templar were guards who protected pilgrims traveling to the holy land from bandits and raiders. they weren't zealots or anything like that. the comparison makes no sense at all.

i've explained that before the SS arc, yama and the gotei 13 at large were enforcers of the law. the law at the time ordered for rukia to be executed. by the law, ichigo and his friends were outlaws who disturbed the peace. by the law, kyoraku and ukitake aided ichigo and stopped the execution, thus making them enemies of the law. and they knew going into it that they more than likely would have to come to blows with their teacher. they knew it and didnt try to talk him out of it because they knew the type of person their teacher was. in the end, yama and everyone else learned that blindly following the law isn't always a good thing to do. hence certain decisions concerning ichigo.

they were reformed by the time of aizen's defeat. they handed down his sentence of 20,000 years.
    Ah. Didnt know this. My bad. I was suffering from arc-fatigue at the end there (Aizen just wouldn't die).

the knights templar were guards who protected pilgrims traveling to the holy land from bandits and raiders. they weren't zealots or anything like that. the comparison makes no sense at all.
    I mean as a storytelling convention, a knight templar is a lawful good character who is not a nice guy. Sorry too much tvtropes.

i've explained that before the SS arc, yama and the gotei 13 at large were enforcers of the law. the law at the time ordered for rukia to be executed. by the law, ichigo and his friends were outlaws who disturbed the peace. by the law, kyoraku and ukitake aided ichigo and stopped the execution, thus making them enemies of the law. and they knew going into it that they more than likely would have to come to blows with their teacher. they knew it and didnt try to talk him out of it because they knew the type of person their teacher was. in the end, yama and everyone else learned that blindly following the law isn't always a good thing to do. hence certain decisions concerning ichigo.
    So you're saying that if the central 46 issued a similar order now things would be different?