Page 1 of 399 123451151101 ... LastLast

Default Bleach Manga/Anime Discussion Thread II

Continued from here.

So, what shall we call Aizen's latest form?

I'm thinking of Metalzen or Hotairzen, but I'm open to suggestions.
    Suffering is a fact of life. You survive if you find a reason to endure it.

Cruel and Unusual Sound Silence's Avatar

I nominate Gigerzen.

Swedish Shinigami Dark Soul # 7's Avatar

I think that I'm gonna follow my own tradition of posting motivational posters regarding the series in my first post of the new thread, as I did with Naruto and One Piece.

Speaking on the Kido Corps. I know they aren't directly representative of the 13 Gotei, but I can't help but wonder what role they play in it, how much respect they garner, and just how the heck do you get in it and who leads it now that both the 1st and 2nd known best kido users from it have been kicked out?
    Rogue and Bishop's daughter would be called Discharge, and she'd touch people and drain all or some of their bioelectrical energy out of them causing them to either die or fall unconscious. She could then use this energy to extend her own life, heal herself, enhance her physical abilities (speed, strength, stamina,) or discharge it as various energy beams.

Anti-Matter Eyes Eternal Torment's Avatar

9-tailszen?
    Starlancer Flight: Morgan Valentine

Kubizen?

Alienzen?
    Have beer, will drink!

Omnidisciplinary Nerd

tentacle hentaizen?

i rather liked condom aizen =\
    hueco mundo aizen was "aight"
    nine-tails evanglion-face aizen looks ridiculous. i do like how kubo obscured his face, like they did with tosen before he died. easier to kill the animal
    "i love you daddy" and all of a sudden it's the best day of my life

About that, I lied. The Transient Guest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost
    Different narrative device. Chopper turned into a monster against his will due to overuse of rumble balls, which is insanely dangerous both to himself and everyone else. It's not supposed to be a good thing, even if it does make him way stronger.
    The good or bad nature of the transformation wasn't my intended point. My intended point was to counter
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost
    Turning into a monster never helps.
    With an example of someone going monster form and using it to beat an opponent that he was not going to beat. And while he is a bit of a danger to others for now he was able to beat Kumadori which means that it helped.

......Damnit I hate how rude my writing seems to be to me when I reread it. It's after 3am for me so I'm sorry if it's a bit....funky.

Quote Originally Posted by The Transient Guest View Post
    The good or bad nature of the transformation wasn't my intended point. My intended point was to counter

With an example of someone going monster form and using it to beat an opponent that he was not going to beat.
    I get that. My point is that your point misses my point, so there's no point in arguing this. It's pointless.

You didn't so much "counter" my statement as you misunderstood it. I mean, yeah, I was making a very broad and general statement, and I'm sorry about that, but I did clarify myself afterwards. I was talking about the literal dehumanization of a (usually) antagonistic character, not literally anyone turning into a monster for literally any reason.

*sigh* I just don't want to be like those people who'll always post links to TV Tropes every time they want to point out a narrative device, okay?

......Damnit I hate how rude my writing seems to be to me when I reread it. It's after 3am for me so I'm sorry if it's a bit....funky.
    You're not rude, you're just being too literal about this. Calm down. Jeez.
    "This doesn't look easy. But I bet it is!"
    -Homer Simpson

"Optimism through stalwart skepticism is a defect not everyone is lucky enough to be cursed with."
    -Homestuck

Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    So, what shall we call Aizen's latest form?

I'm thinking of Metalzen or Hotairzen, but I'm open to suggestions.
    Eyezen?

Mantaizen?

Badaizen?
    "This doesn't look easy. But I bet it is!"
    -Homer Simpson

"Optimism through stalwart skepticism is a defect not everyone is lucky enough to be cursed with."
    -Homestuck

About that, I lied. The Transient Guest's Avatar

Hmmm....
    Turning into a monster never helps.
    and
    I simply meant that a villain assuming a more monsterous form in the last minute typically makes him less relatable as a character and thus more likely to die.
    Like ya said....my literal mind had trouble making that leap with the clues I was given. But that's the funny thing about the world, two people can see the same thing and still take away very different interpretations of what they saw.

....I wonder if I had used Bruce Banner....

And my vote goes to: Badaizen.

It reads as "bad idea-zen" to me and that is pretty much the sum of what he's got going on right now.

The first page of the new Bleach thread. From such humble beginnings do all colossal threads begin.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Different narrative device. Chopper turned into a monster against his will due to overuse of rumble balls, which is insanely dangerous both to himself and everyone else. It's not supposed to be a good thing, even if it does make him way stronger.

I simply meant that a villain assuming a more monsterous form in the last minute typically makes him less relatable as a character and thus more likely to die.

(Actually, some searching at TV tropes reveals that I'm talking about this. I just didn't know what it was called.)

Or, to reference the Evil Overlord List: "I will never turn into a giant snake. It never helps."
    In something of a reverse, Unicron became weaker by transforming into a more humanoid shape. He seemed freakin invincible as a giant ball with teeth the size of Texas.

No idea what's going to happen now.

Aizen turning stupid now of all times is so disappointing. It's such crap that the outside factors are making him fail, instead of the hero just being better. Imagine if Aizen didn't evolve and used his shikai, would Ichigo really be able to do anything?

Such awful writing.