Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR: ADVANCE PREVIEW: "Klaws of the Panther" #1

Marvel Comics has released and advance look at "Klaws of the Panther" #1, writer Jonathan Maberry's follow-up series to "Doomwar" featuring art by Gianluca Gugliotta. The Panther strikes Wednesday, October 6.

Full article here.

Junior Member Suffering Sappho!'s Avatar

The artwork looks amazing, the covers and interiors both. This looks like a whole lotta fun.

I'm particularly pleased with what I see, though I haven't read Doomwar or any of the other Black Panther going-ons.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mundungus View Post
    I'm particularly pleased with what I see, though I haven't read Doomwar or any of the other Black Panther going-ons.
    I wouldn't suggest starting now. I like the cover to this issue, but those interiors are pretty lackluster. Love how Wolverine and Spider-Man are shoehorned onto the cover.

Art looks pretty good to me. I was disappointed with Doomwar but may still pick this up.
    Current List: Action, Batman, Batwing, Earth 2, GLC, ,JLA, JL, Avengers, Captain America, MA, NA, SA, Spider-Man, UC Spider-Man, Hawkeye, Saga, Shadowman, Walking Dead

I won't be picking this up. I never had a real problem with the Storm/Panther wedding but now I do. What was the freaking point? Seriously?

Roll up the PARTITION plz Imraith Nimphais's Avatar

That settles it then...I was of two minds but now having seen the art, I will not be picking this up. That art is most assuredly not to my liking. If I remember correctly, that is the same artist who did that absolutely dreadful fill in issue of Secret Warriors...Oh Goddess! That was horrid to look at. I'll find something better looking to spend my money on.
    Sun and Moon
    Ororo Munroe...God's own X-MAN
    Storm deserves her very own solo ongoing...unfortunately..."Limited minds place limits on everything but their own foolishness." (aja_c.)

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I won't be picking this up. I never had a real problem with the Storm/Panther wedding but now I do. What was the freaking point? Seriously?
    An attempt to make two minority characters more relevant. And to have them in a healthy marriage which has never happened in 60 years of comic publishing till now.

Unfortunately, the event is so rare--its been handled poorly. furthermore I am shocked that Marvel top writers seem to be incapable of writing them as a couple. Sue and Namor have more chemistry.

Also I love the Klaw preview. The Satellite of Love homage was niiiiiiiiiiiiice.

MST3k Fan--->ME
    My webcomic Updated weekly
    My BlogSTORM/Black Panther Sabotage
    BEBOP--"Roland = pinnacle of objectivity"

I'm not really interested in Shuri fighting Dinosaurs, reminds me of Claremont's recent Savage Land adventure.

I'll probably pass on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Another Mod View Post
    I'm not really interested in Shuri fighting Dinosaurs, reminds me of Claremont's recent Savage Land adventure.

I'll probably pass on this.

We haven't read the scripted version yet.

Perhaps, the Dinosaurs have great dialogue.
    My webcomic Updated weekly
    My BlogSTORM/Black Panther Sabotage
    BEBOP--"Roland = pinnacle of objectivity"

Joy. A laxative chaser after the crapfest that was DoomWar.
    X-Poster of the Month: May 2013
    The Best There Is At What I Do

Top Ten Magic Bitches

If i ever become EIC or whatever they are calling it now in the Disney era the first thing i change is no more stories of NYC being destroyed.

I'm a little iffy on the art, but the storyline seems cool and I like Shuri and think Maberry is a good writer so I will be picking this up. I was never a huge fan of Klaw, but hopefully he will be cool in this arc.
    "With Knowledge we built a city to rival heaven."

BANNED

Looks good. Can't wait to get this. Even though I wish to read about T'challa. I'm going to give Shuri a shot. I liked the Age of Heroes: Honor.

Quote Originally Posted by Umbra View Post
    Looks good. Can't wait to get this. Even though I wish to read about T'challa. I'm going to give Shuri a shot. I liked the Age of Heroes: Honor.
    Agreed 100%. I want T'Challa back as BP ASAP. However, until that time I'm cool with reading about Shuri and her time as BP. Plus, I really like her costume and think it looks good with the cape and necklace. Unlike T'Challa who could pull off the look even without the cape, I don't think Shuri's rendition of the panther habit would look right without the cape. And the fur just adds to the look IMO.
    "With Knowledge we built a city to rival heaven."