Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR: Remender Ends "FrankenCastle" and Resurrects "The Punisher"

Rick Remender brings to a close the Punisher's time as an undead monster with "FrankenCastle" #21 and begins what will be his last Frank Castle tale with the "Punisher: In the Blood" miniseries.

Full article here.

Franken-Castle was a fun ride. Glad it lasted as long as it did, and glad it's not overstaying it's welcome. Can't wait for "In the Blood."

I see old-style Dracula is on the cover of Franken-Castle #21, but there's no mention of him in the article. It would be hilarious/nice if he showed up in the issue and Remender added a line like: "I'm thinking about changing my style. What do you think about armor and a ponytail?"

Just Sayin'

Franken-Castle took balls to do with the failed attempts of making him a super-natural character before but Remender pulled it off. Tony Moore helped a lot as well. Not sure if another creative team could've pulled this off. Bravo guys.

YES! Stuart Clarke and Jigsaw I return!

Gonna miss Remender on Punisher tho

Remender also gave future writers of Punisher a HUGE gift: he de-aged Punisher's body to age 30.

Writers will no longer have to worry about Frank being too old to fight or too young to have been in Vietnam or whatever war they've most recently retconned him into.

Junior Member JohnnyHorror92182's Avatar

Default All Good Things....

All good things must come to an end. Aside from "Welcome Back, Frank..." Remender's Franken-Castle has been my personal favorite Punisher story/era. It's blatantly ridiculous but oh so enjoyable.

I can't wait for this. It's so nice to see a well thought-out and finite run on a character. Remender knew what he was doing from the beginning, and that is awesome. I wonder what he'll do next. Marvel should give him more work. Psyched for his X-Force.
    READ SNARKED!

I agree with the notion that it was a good experiment, though the premise might have sounded silly. How in earth can the Punisher become a monster only to return to his body some time later? I sometimes forget The Punisher is part of the main Marvel Universe where all kinds of crazy stuff happen all the time.

This was a series I loved through the first two arcs and then slowly grew tired of. Each issue sank deeper and deeper to the bottom of my read pile...and when the name change came I dropped it altogether. Just not my cup of tea...but that said I'm glad they took a chance and tried something original and new. Sounds like alot of people enjoyed this run even if it wasn't for me. Remender is a writer who had never been on my radar screen but is definitely someone I'll be looking to read more from in the future.

Certified Mar-Vell Zombie Comet Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by blehbeh View Post
    Franken-Castle was a fun ride. Glad it lasted as long as it did, and glad it's not overstaying it's welcome. Can't wait for "In the Blood."

I see old-style Dracula is on the cover of Franken-Castle #21, but there's no mention of him in the article. It would be hilarious/nice if he showed up in the issue and Remender added a line like: "I'm thinking about changing my style. What do you think about armor and a ponytail?"
    That's Morbius, not Dracula.

I enjoyed Franken-Castle too. But I enjoyed the entire run of this series. It's the only time I read the Punisher on a regular basis. I will miss it.

Thank you, Rick Remender, for making the Punisher fun to read.
    I seriously miss Captain Mar-Vell.

i buy my comics in trade and have been thinking about getting this book for a while now,

from all the good shit ive heard from people on here and other sites, im defentaly pick up the 1st trade come pay day

also will there be any more 616 punisher after the mini?
    Last edited by ol'hairybastard; 09-07-2010 at 11:14 AM.

BANNED

I'm glad Remender has got his whole Punisher story told here, but I am gonna miss him. He made the Punisher fun to read ever since he pointed a Skrull sniper rifle at Norman Osborn's head. With this AND Fear Agent coming to an end, and his new on-going Uncanny X-Force looks incredible, the horizon for Remender looks pretty interesting. I want to see where it goes

The Goodfella BadGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Lexor7 View Post
    This was a series I loved through the first two arcs and then slowly grew tired of. Each issue sank deeper and deeper to the bottom of my read pile...and when the name change came I dropped it altogether. Just not my cup of tea...but that said I'm glad they took a chance and tried something original and new. Sounds like alot of people enjoyed this run even if it wasn't for me. Remender is a writer who had never been on my radar screen but is definitely someone I'll be looking to read more from in the future.
    Did you read issue #20? That was Frank at his best; fully capable and resourceful, his whole motive; the way he understands who he is and straight played head games with Daken. It was classic Punisher.

With that said, I'm glad Frank is returning to normal again. I just hope Remender off Punisher doesn't mean the end of his series, with the In The Blood mini-series.

MINOR: It might just be me, but I think it's weird they renamed Punisher to FrankenCastle for only 5 issues (especially considering there were 6 other issues that featured him as FrankenCastle but under the "Punisher" title) and then went with a mini-series instead of just going back to the original name and continuing with #22.

Also time for a little MATH!

(Frankenstein'd Punisher + Dragon + Chaingun) x (Cyborg Samurai's - Their Lives) = This image will never cease to amuse me ever because this is so awesome.

You are kidding me right? That Dan Brereton artwork is from regular issue #21? Please just release it straight to hardcover. I have $25 for you to take from me right now.