Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR: Gage's Giant-Sized Plans for "Avengers Academy"

More drama and adventure awaits the students and faculty of Marvel's prestigious, sold-out "Avengers Academy." CBR News sat down with writer Christos Gage for a look at Giant-Man's new curriculum.

Full article here.

The Whirlwind issue will be the issue I jump back in on. I'm ambivalent to those wastes of paper.
    X-Poster of the Month: May 2013
    The Best There Is At What I Do

Top Ten Magic Bitches

† LINSUS X ZAYNT MALIK † Chase_Stein's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Christos Gage
    Conversely, if she fights through her anger and grief and finds something to live for, she could be one of its greatest heroes.
    Hazmat. <3

I'm excited for this issue. But I'm disappointed that, after all the build-up, Hazmat lets Mettle harsh on Osborn's face. I was expecting her to have a battle of wits with Normie. I hope she gets an answer from him even if Mettle is all ready to ruin her plans.
    "It doesn’t matter [if] you’re...Asian..., you can make it here in America if you’re willing to try." - Obama

Awesome. And here I was worried that the work on progressing Hank Pym that Slott (often with Gage) would continue. Why, with this return to how things were back in the 60's, this will fit right in with the New DC!
    Static Pulse: That's why I like you. You're like four degrees away from being a William Gibson protagonist.

I'm very happy they're chucking Pym's Wasp ID! Welcome back, Giant Man!
    "I want to see beautiful people doing amazing things." - Grant Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by Scavenger View Post
    Awesome. And here I was worried that the work on progressing Hank Pym that Slott (often with Gage) would continue. Why, with this return to how things were back in the 60's, this will fit right in with the New DC!
    That seems unfair, considering Gage has shown a lot of respect to the character so far. At least wait and see... (Though I still think most fans who really like the character respond best to the Dr. Pym incarnation, which also works well with the concept of the scientist supreme. Heck, wasn't he even drawn as one of the Doctors in those early AWC issues where he was taking on that ID?)

I still wish this would really mean Jan was back (though I guess there's no non-Bendis book for her to appear in, so maybe it's best she stays in limbo).

Looking forward to Whirlwind and Ultragirl.

And finally, I have trouble seeing how the generic Penance powers (seriously, have they even been defined as to what the hell they are? It's just random energy blasting.) are more powerful than Speedball's powers. The ability to control kinetic energy is pretty damn powerful. He can basically stop anyone in their tracks, and we saw what Darrion Grobe used his powers to do in Skolnick's run of New Warriors... God, I loathe that whole Penance concept. So dumb from the very start.

Modus omnibus in rebus Roquefort Raider's Avatar

I love the new Giant-Man look.
    People in white coats (science cartoons, updated daily) | Art Blog

cool, can't wait to see how this all turns out. Cage has already gotten me to connect to these new characters as opposed to secret warriors, which i do like, but it took almost the entire run of the series for me to remember the casts' names.

So I guess it's Giant Man, not Ant Man, in the Avengers movie?

Quote Originally Posted by Johnson! View Post
    So I guess it's Giant Man, not Ant Man, in the Avengers movie?
    Neither. Wasp has already been ruled out, and the plans for the Ant-Man movie make it seem like Pym won't be in the Avengers.

Sort of glad I'm not buying this now. If Gage wanted to use the identity that worked best for Hank he'd be Yellowjacket. It was his best costume, allowed for multiple powers and if they wanted to ever give him a solo series it'd make for a better title than Giant-man.

People don't use Giant-man for alternative versions because it's the best character, name or power set. They use it because it's easy, it's a guy who grows big. The costume and power set is boring and this is a giant step backwards for Hank.

No Hank Pym won't be in the Avenger's because Edgar Wright plans on doing Ant-man based on Scott Lang stealing Hank Pym's Ant-man. So Hank would be considerably older than the Avenger's characters.

should be awesome! lovin this book so far. hope it keeps up

also haven't seen whirlwind in a while so i'm pretttttttty pumped for that
    Ready for the return of the one and only Spider-Man!!

I suppose it's different. Usually, they wind him back to Goliath (before bringing back Yellowjacket and his mental problems),

But this basically shows that whatever Slott had in mind is being tossed out.
    Mario Di Giacomo

Chaotically Neutral Monty_Cristo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Andyb View Post
    No Hank Pym won't be in the Avenger's because Edgar Wright plans on doing Ant-man based on Scott Lang stealing Hank Pym's Ant-man. So Hank would be considerably older than the Avenger's characters.
    what do you mean? Scott "stole" Hank's Ant-Man identity in the regular comic book continuity. he's not considerably older than the other Avengers characters.
    60% percent of the time, Ant-Man beats Doom every time