Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR: ADVANCE PREVIEW: "Chaos War" #1

Marvel Comics has unleashed a first look inside their next event which sees gods from Hercules to Thor clash as the Chaos King revives waves of dead Marvel heroes to join in the fight.

Full article here.

Jeez, I thought Herc would never shut up.

Fail.

Everybody seems happy enough to be teleported to central park and stand around listening to Hercules before flying off into battle with enhanced powers.

Am I missing something? I know it's only 5 pages but nobody has any characterisation whatsoever.

Am I the only one who thought that was Fucking EPIC ??? . FINALLY Hercules is getting the awesome treatment!
    I am far beyond mutants as mutants are beyond you - Apocalypse

I gotta say, that got me excited. What new powers does Herc have though?

As to the point of the five pages, it was to set up the story for new readers. It hit the important bullet points of both the Ares mini and the Incredible Herc Secret Invasion tie-in. It additionally tells new readers who Amatsu-Mikaboshi is. That's a lot and on top of that it looks pretty darn good.

Besides, this story is mostly Herc's (and Cho's I guess), so everyone else WILL play a backseat to him. Besides, he acknowledged that some of them weren't taking him seriously. So, no. Everyone else isn't perfectly fine with being teleported to Central Park.

Comic book goodness!

Quote Originally Posted by Just Another Mod View Post
    Everybody seems happy enough to be teleported to central park and stand around listening to Hercules before flying off into battle with enhanced powers.

Am I missing something? I know it's only 5 pages but nobody has any characterisation whatsoever.
    Yeah that is bothersome...

But hey! is that the Agents of Atlas I see in the background? You have to squint really hard, but I think I can make out Namora, Gorilla-Man, Bob and Venus!

To be acknowledged by the big events.....

...they grow up so fast!

Hmmm. Well, I am glad I decided to pass on it. Well, other than the Alpha Flight one-shot.

Just doesn't look that good from the preview. Especially the lack of characterization from everyone summoned.

Yeah, Herc comments that people weren't taking him seriously. But show, don't tell.
    Super Hero Squad Online - Curious Mad General - Current Rank: 1300.

True Believer - Proud Purchaser Of The Marvel Heroes Ultimate Pack!

BANNED

Never been a fan of the artist. He killed my interest in X-Factor because he drew ONE arc, and I never got it back. He got me to drop Mighty Avengers pretty quickly. This does nothing for me.

Quote Originally Posted by TanGent View Post
    Yeah that is bothersome...

But hey! is that the Agents of Atlas I see in the background? You have to squint really hard, but I think I can make out Namora, Gorilla-Man, Bob and Venus!

To be acknowledged by the big events.....

...they grow up so fast!
    Yep, I can easily make out Gorilla-Man in the group.

Not really a huge surprise that they're included. Since Namora ran with Herc's group during WWH.

And Venus has now taken the role of the actual goddess Venus, after all.
    Super Hero Squad Online - Curious Mad General - Current Rank: 1300.

True Believer - Proud Purchaser Of The Marvel Heroes Ultimate Pack!

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by TanGent View Post
    .....But hey! is that the Agents of Atlas I see in the background? You have to squint really hard, but I think I can make out Namora, Gorilla-Man, Bob and Venus!
    Yeeee-up.....that's Atlas there, since Namora is a "special" friend to Herc and (of course) he summons her and her teammates as well.....

Plus, I noticed how surprized she was seeing Warren as Archangel instead of Angel (Remember WORLD WAR HULK, anybody..?!?? ).....

Looks interesting..sorry if i'm completely of mark but depending when this is set, it seems to spoil the next ff4 arc (3) a certain member is noticeable by her absence?

Looks good. Reminds me of the conclusion of World War III in JLA, back in the day.
    For-Real-True is only true now.

Story-True is true forever.

-Lizzie Hexam "The Unwritten"

Quote Originally Posted by Slyfer View Post
    Am I the only one who thought that was Fucking EPIC ??? . FINALLY Hercules is getting the awesome treatment!
    Agreed. I had no interest in this whatsoever aside from Dead Avengers but that preview got me excited. I'm on board, at least for Dead Avengers and Chaos War. I'm less excited about the other tie-ins though.
    Black Panther eats pizza, we eat pizza!

The heroes get summoned, get the threat explained to them and go off to fight it.

I'm not seeing the problem here.