Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: kong's artwork

Paul Penna

thanks Pauul. Comics is a labor of love I suppose! We did get The Silver Bullet picked up by Markosia which should be pretty cool because we'll have a distribution channel. What kinda stuff do you write? I'm swamped with stuff to get done right now but who knows 6 months from now.
    I've been trying my hand at various stuff.

I love superheroes, but science fiction and fantasy are also interesting.

Plus I'm a big fan of Greek mythology.

I worked with a few artists on submissions for CLiNT, but they haven't picked up any new strips in a while.

The completed strips can be seen on my deviantart gallery (link below), if you want to see an example of my writing.

Another artist is also working on a script which was commissioned by FutureQuake, a brilliant small press magazine - so that'll hopefully see print next year.

I'm also working on a strip called 'Conqueror' for an indie publisher - What the Flux?! Comics. More specifically, for their Flux UK anthology.

I really want to break into the industry, so I'm just trying everything that I can.

Pauul- I hear ya. Sounds cool. Mythology is always fascinating when put into comics and done right. I'll check out that link man! Keep pushing.
    A few pages later...

Deadpool vs. Carebears vs. Dr. Phil...

Hahah Awesome man great job

Quote Originally Posted by ComicBookQuest View Post
    Deadpool vs. Carebears vs. Dr. Phil...

Hahah Awesome man great job
    HA Thanks man! That was a lot of fun to draw. Turned it into Marvel but I don't think they were as taken in by it as I had hoped. A blast to draw Deadpool slashing and gashing giant Carebears though!

Another page from the Silver Bullet 9....

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Screaming Mantis from Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots.... warm up sketch from a photo of the character from the game.

Assassinís Creed 2, Ezio sketch from character shot from the video game.....

Shanna The She-Devil for 10 Ton sketch challenge...
    Last edited by kong; 11-06-2011 at 04:12 PM.

A few penciled pages from a new project I'm working on...

Astro City: The Confessor and Altar Boy

RED SKULL shirt design for a Marvel Villain contest.