Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Vision vs. Iron Man

This would be the adult Vision.
    "Honest Abe's a 'mo!" - Hank Venture from the Venture Bros.

Quote Originally Posted by maczero View Post
    This would be the adult Vision.
    Current tony may be able to hack the vision -- for me this comes down to "can tony hack vision before vision phases a fist into his brain"

Quote Originally Posted by wayfarejourneyman View Post
    Current tony may be able to hack the vision -- for me this comes down to "can tony hack vision before vision phases a fist into his brain"
    Probably not. Tony is a software god, sure, but any hacking action will take time; MUCH more time than the swing of a fist.
    If he can do it wirelessly then there's a good chance he can kite Viz around and avoid the fist-to-the-brain while he does his hacky wizardry.
    Last edited by Smoothesuede; 09-01-2010 at 10:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wayfarejourneyman View Post
    I don't see current tony with out the extrimis virus hacking vision. If that's the case he would have hacked ultron since there based off of simlar designs.
    Come vote on the league match of the century.
    http://forums.comicbookresources.com...d.php?t=379297

Quote Originally Posted by da noble savage View Post
    I don't see current tony with out the extrimis virus hacking vision. If that's the case he would have hacked ultron since there based off of simlar designs.
    His brain still functions like a computer and thanks to hew newest armor/body upgrade he's hardly human anymore. He can still interface with electronics via his armor if not his brain.

The real question is whether or not Viz' electronic signature becomes indetectable when phased. If so, then any hacking attempt by Tony would likely be felt by Vision and he'd phase out, giving Stark the slip.

Yeah, vision takes it pretty handily.

How do they compare in terms of firepower and strength, though?

It seems a bit odd that the 3rd smartest man in the Marvel U doesn't have any defenses against phasing built into his personal armor.

Iron Man has a big advantage in terms of maneuverability. Vision can fly when he is intangible, but only slowly. Vision's only ranged attack is solar heat blasts, and I'm pretty sure that Iron Man can absorb that heat and convert it into power with his thermocouple. So Iron Man can play keepaway, buying time to analyze Vision and come up with an effective counterattack. He once saw Swordsman blast Vision with an electrical attack while Vision was intangible, so that would be a solid starting point.
    "Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."
    Martin Luther King Jr., Letter from Birmingham Jail, April 16, 1963

I'm wondering if Tony wouldn't have all of Vision's internal mechanisms/memory/security mapped out. It seems weird that in over 20 years of them being on the same team, Tony never had to repair or examine the Vision in some way, shape or form. If Tony knows how Vision was built, Tony should be able to break it.

I know that one of Iron Man's Rogues the Ghost is a phaser but haven't read much with him in it. Any Iron Man fans who can say how Tony fights him?

Current Iron Man smokes Vision with ease. I remember Kitty Pryde tried to short circuit Tony but got knocked on her but. Not saying Vision and Kitty powers are the same but they are similar and Tony has probably perpared for both.

Tony thinks 10 steps ahead of the rest, and he knows Visions weakness and strength

I'll give the edge to "Iron Man"
    Blogger

I am obsessed with the idea of completely erasing Spider-Man from every Marvel continuity

Traditionally in Marvel Comics, phasing/intangibility has been blocked by force fields. I can't speak to the current version of the Iron Man armor, but Stark has incorporated force fields into various designs since the '80s. If so, then the only attack still available to Vision would be punching while at diamond hardness, and he can't do that while flying.
    "Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."
    Martin Luther King Jr., Letter from Birmingham Jail, April 16, 1963

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Vision phases and flies through Tony, crushing his heart and other major organs along the way.
    It's a lie! My pants were off the entire time!

I've got a new site for RPGs: Total Pantaloonacy

Your Ice Cream Man Captain Morgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spamotron View Post
    I know that one of Iron Man's Rogues the Ghost is a phaser but haven't read much with him in it. Any Iron Man fans who can say how Tony fights him?
    I actually have a comic where Tony builds a counter for Ghost into his armor. Ghost tries the old hand through the chest trick and gets fried for his efforts. That being said, Vision did disable Tony with the move in Civil War, so either it isn't built into his armor all the time, or that was PIS.