Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR: DC's Musical History Compiled

From the Fleischer Superman cartoons to Danny Elfman's "Batman" theme, a new CD celebrates 75 years of DC Comics, and its producer tells CBR what it took to assemble the world's greatest superhero tracks.

Full article here.

Yes! Now this is what I call FUN! Great idea.

They've sold the Supergirl overture before, they continue to. How has this not come up?

How do they not have the amazing Teen Titans theme? Because of that theme I now know I should never call ghostbusters!
    Last edited by superchick; 08-31-2010 at 08:13 AM.

The Livewire

Definately going to get, for the old music if nothing else.

Well that and Batman Beyond.

The Lost

They better have John Williams' Superman theme. There is nothing more appropriate than that.

edit: Okay they do have that, why did I doubt that.
    One doesn't need the validation of others to justify what they like.

queen of the stone age Wilder Midnight's Avatar

all 31 songs that make up the cd are posted at the source.

love all of them...but kind of disappointed danny elfmans "the flash" and the edges guitar theme from "the batman" were left off.

the show may have stunk but i thought the opening for "birds of prey" (with alfred explaining what went down in gotham) was awesome.

teen titans should have its own soundtrack.
    it's the end of the world as we know it.

Quote Originally Posted by superchick View Post
    They've sold the Supergirl overture before, they continue to. How has this not come up?

How do they not have the amazing Teen Titans theme? Because of that theme I now know I should never call ghostbusters!
    Because as mentioned, the musical rights and clearences to use them are muddled. And once the web was untangled, it was too late to put it on the CD. If a volume two happens and they're able to clear more music, then we'll have it. By then "Under The Red Hood", "All Star Superman", "Batman Year One", "Superman/Batman: Apocalypse", "Superman/Shazam: The Return Of Back Adam", "The Flash", "Jonah Hex" and "Green Lantern" can be added. Maybe find the rights to the first Swamp Thing film and the TV series.

It's a shame they're putting the Justice League Unlimited theme on there and not the original orchestral piece that accompanied the first two series. That was awesome, and the Unlimited theme wasn't a patch on it. The rest look great though!

Pixar Rocket Raccoon!!! Jaded Devil's Avatar

There are some noticeable absences, but overall it looks like a good selection. I wish they could've included the awesome Superfriends remix as a bonus track.

For those of you not in the know, go here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCwffUO4C5E
    There's no sense in nonsense when the heat's hot.

Quote Originally Posted by Artificial idiot View Post
    It's a shame they're putting the Justice League Unlimited theme on there and not the original orchestral piece that accompanied the first two series. That was awesome, and the Unlimited theme wasn't a patch on it. The rest look great though!
    Nah, the JLU theme is better. The JL theme was pompous and boring.

Just my opinion, though.

I'm disappointed they didn't include this one.

Dag. They have the annoying rock N roll theme from JLU, but not the original? Bummer.

Quote Originally Posted by Free-Man View Post
    Dag. They have the annoying rock N roll theme from JLU, but not the original? Bummer.
    I must be the only person who likes that theme better.

When I was a kid there were a bunch of albums with songs dedicated to Superman, Wonder Woman, Lois Lane, Mr. Mytzlplk, Jimmy Olsen, Batman, Robin, Joker, Metamorpho, Green Lantern, Flash, Aquaman Justice League and others. These were novelty tunes sometimes bubblegum sometimes musical like. I had expected these in this compilation so I am disappointed. Also, the Joker singing Jingle Bells Batman Smells from Batman TAS should get some attention. Plus there was Superman the Musical and Batman the Musical. Plus the Jimmy Olsen Blues by Spin Doctors and howabout Donovan's Sunshine Superman, "Superman and Green Lantern Ain't got a-nothin' on me" Oh yeah, Burgess Merideth as Penguin and Frank Gorshin as Riddler released some 45s as well. Burt Ward had one with Frank Zappa, "Boy Wonder, I Love You."
    Last edited by Bricolo; 08-31-2010 at 02:33 PM.
    You want I should bop you with this lollipop?

The one I really wanted was the theme from the Legion cartoon. Not just because I'm a Legion fan, but because it really is a great song.

I would also prefer the JL theme to the JLU theme. The JLU theme is fine; the JL theme is awesome. The themes from Superman: TAS and Teen Titans: Go! would also be welcome.

None of which would stop me from picking up this CD, which is a goldmine as is.
    matthewe.com: updates on the superhero novel-in-progress Ded & Sac, the Superhero of the Day, and more.