Thread: CBR: BCC: Thor

Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR: BCC: Thor

Notable "Thor" creators Walt Simonson, Jonathan Hickman, Bryan J.L. Glass and John Workman met with fans in Baltimore for a lively panel conducted by Marvel editor Tom Brevoort, and CBR was there.

Full article here.

Very nice little interview, Walt Simonson is perhaps the most (contemporary) type cast comicer there is :)

Walt on a Marvel Thor panel with current creators ???

I thought he was exclusive to DC ? Why would he be on a Thor panel for Marvel ?

Unless....

Walt will be doing a Thor related project in the near future ??

Yeah, I know it's a stretch but one can dream

Quote Originally Posted by CBR News View Post
    Notable "Thor" creators Walt Simonson, Jonathan Hickman, Bryan J.L. Glass and John Workman met with fans in Baltimore for a lively panel conducted by Marvel editor Tom Brevoort, and CBR was there.

Full article here.

33408 is the other way ian33407's Avatar

Walt Simonson is just TOO rare , it is a shame that DC only use him to do covers...My gues is the DC characters fit him more, he has much to do with let's say Adam Strange or the Doom Patrol than with the Marvel characters, but whatever he'll do, I'll take...

Quote Originally Posted by adey View Post

Unless....
    ...Unless the current creators aren't doing the business, and Marvel needs an angle to create more interest, especially with the film in production.
    I mean come on, let's be totally honest here, when it comes to Thor, who do comic fans immediately think of when you mention the name....the guys currently doing the book, or Walt Simonson?
    No really much of a contest is it?

that quesada thor cover owns
    Ready for the return of the one and only Spider-Man!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by adey View Post

Unless....

Walt will be doing a Thor related project in the near future ??

Yeah, I know it's a stretch but one can dream
    First thing that I thought of when I saw Brevoort with Simonson was that something might be in the works. At least some dialogue was going on, and with the Thor movie coming up, why wouldn't Marvel want Walt to do a Thor project? They could release an Omnibus of his old run, have him do a new Thor project, and everybody could be in Thor Heaven in time for the movie. Makes too much sense!

Quote Originally Posted by John Zaleski View Post
    that quesada thor cover owns

meh. whats with giving thor gloves? it's one of the little things that bothers me about jrjr's thor. coipel didnt give him gloves and it looked much better IMO
    "i love you daddy" and all of a sudden it's the best day of my life

Quote Originally Posted by NickGuy View Post
    meh. whats with giving thor gloves? it's one of the little things that bothers me about jrjr's thor. coipel didnt give him gloves and it looked much better IMO
    This frustrates me way more than it should for some reason. It's just shy of randomly giving Spider-man a fedora and never mentioning it for me.
    Reading: Fantastic Four, All-Star Western, Aquaman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Justice League, Demon Knights, Scalped and The Walking Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Zolton View Post
    This frustrates me way more than it should for some reason. It's just shy of randomly giving Spider-man a fedora and never mentioning it for me.
    I agree - Thor's never worn gloves, except when he needs the strength gauntlets that he wears very rarely. He just doesn't need gloves, and they look silly.

Also, I do NOT like the bare arms look. We had that for like 50 years. Coipel had him in chain mail (or something like that) covered arms, and it was PERFECT. What better way for a warrior god to dress than in armor. It just seemed more logical to me.

I understand gripes when a costume changes (see Wonder Woman, etc...) but we're PAST this with THOR - his costume changed like 2 years ago when they restarted his book with JMS and Coipel. Don't change it AGAIN just for giggles.

My two cents...

Sad Hawkguy in the snow CyberHubbs's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NickGuy View Post
    That's because it's from Matt Fraction's Ages of Thunder mini-series. His costume in it had gloves.
    I know Kevin Nichols through a guy that knows a gal. Small world!

If nihilism didn't take some delight in destruction one might suspect nihilists were an unnaturally morbid sort.
    -Theophilus

Karma ran over Dogma grphxkindaguy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Foolery View Post
    First thing that I thought of when I saw Brevoort with Simonson was that something might be in the works. At least some dialogue was going on, and with the Thor movie coming up, why wouldn't Marvel want Walt to do a Thor project? They could release an Omnibus of his old run, have him do a new Thor project, and everybody could be in Thor Heaven in time for the movie. Makes too much sense!
    I would be there in a heartbeat if Simonson returned to do any Thor work...