Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR: ADVANCE PREVIEW: "Black Widow" #6

Marvel has released an advance look at "Black Widow" #6, the first issue by the new creative team of Duane Swiercynski and Manuel Garcia with covers by J. Scott Campbell and Travel Foreman. The issue hits September 22.

Full article here.

Garcia drawing ugly women as usual. Anyway, BW is my favorite character and I cant wait to see what Duane Swierczynski has in store for her.

Cannot wait.
    Daredevil, Hawkguy, Secret Avengers, Black Widow, Moon Knight, Magneto, Punisher, Wonder Woman, The Wake, Batman, Velvet, Jupiter's Legacy, Black Science,Starlight and Zero.

new creative team? meh meh meh

picked up for art. now dropping

edit: actually il'll give this issue a try. dissapointed but it still might be good
    Last edited by John Zaleski; 08-25-2010 at 09:54 AM.
    Ready for the return of the one and only Spider-Man!!

The art looks really bad. I feel sorry for the people buying the book.

Thumbs up

I think the art looks great compared to Acuna.

But everybody knows how much I despise Acuna's sloppy shaded painterly art style.

Marvel has way upped it's game with this new creative team.

I actually love Acuna's art. I thought it fit well with Black Widow and the story.

This art here isn't great, but it is not bad. I am liking everything about this new series. Can't wait for the crossover with H&M.

Quote Originally Posted by alemander View Post
    I actually love Acuna's art. I thought it fit well with Black Widow and the story.

This art here isn't great, but it is not bad. I am liking everything about this new series. Can't wait for the crossover with H&M.
    yeah..and Swierczynski's ideas for Black Widow are interesting.
    Daredevil, Hawkguy, Secret Avengers, Black Widow, Moon Knight, Magneto, Punisher, Wonder Woman, The Wake, Batman, Velvet, Jupiter's Legacy, Black Science,Starlight and Zero.

Yeah, this is my feeling. You can read the story without seeing the words, which is the most important thing in comics art. I wish it were a bit more distinct, like Acuna's is, but this is far from awful.

Looking forward to the new story :)

I guess this is a case of beauty being in the eye of the beholder. I was shocked how many people strongly disliked Acuna's art. After reading issue #1 I thought it was fantastic, and I loved Liu's take on writing a female character. As a result I've been keeping my fingers crossed for the new team taking over. To be honest, I'm pleasantly surprised by this art. Yeah the female character is 'ugly' but I kinda think this art style may work for BW. Please, please, please let the story be good too...

Quote Originally Posted by theXfactor View Post
    The art looks really bad. I feel sorry for the people buying the book.
    I (as a newbie to the comics internet) am constantly stunned by how broad the range of opinions can be on art and writing on almost any book. From 'this art/story team sucks' to 'oh my god this book is fabulous'. Well, I guess we are all just passionate about the books! I think this looks good and can't wait to pick it up.

Quote Originally Posted by xavkoenig View Post
    I guess this is a case of beauty being in the eye of the beholder. I was shocked how many people strongly disliked Acuna's art. After reading issue #1 I thought it was fantastic, and I loved Liu's take on writing a female character. As a result I've been keeping my fingers crossed for the new team taking over. To be honest, I'm pleasantly surprised by this art. Yeah the female character is 'ugly' but I kinda think this art style may work for BW. Please, please, please let the story be good too...
    Manuel Garcia is not a horrible artist, he had some good moments drawing the Mystique series and I do agree his style fits very well for an espionage story...

My only complain is the way he draws women.

Anyway, donít take my opinions so serious, I have a Black Widow/Silver Sable story penciled by Rob Liefeld amongst my favorites.

Chaotically Neutral Monty_Cristo's Avatar

*Shortpack!!!*
    60% percent of the time, Ant-Man beats Doom every time

Best Coast Avenger BartonisHawkeye88's Avatar

Nice. This is when I'm going to start picking up this book. I've been wanting to pick it up since issue 1, but I've been putting it off and at this point I'll probably pick up the first volume in tpb. Deffo can't wait for Widowmaker though. :D
    PULL: Hawkeye, Star Wars, Daredevil, Thor: God of Thunder, Secret Avengers

I think the art looks good. I loved Liu but I'm excited for this new creative team.
    Psylocke

I hope Duane and Manuel stays more than one arc, at least.