Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR: The Future of "Angel"

We spoke with Dark Horse's Scott Allie and IDW's Chris Ryall about last week's announcement that "Angel" will be returning to Dark Horse in late 2011 and what this means for the character's future with both publishers.

Full article here.

While it would have been nice of DHC to let IDW break the news, I'm really glad the property is going back to DHC. BUFFY Season 8 has not been without its flaws, but, with all due respect to IDW, to whom I will be forever grateful for making such a valiant effort to get GrimJack back into print, ANGEL: AFTER THE FALL and AFTERMATH have been awful. Granted, I haven't read the Willingham stuff yet, but the Lynch stuff has been a chore and a half to get through, and if I didn't love these characters so much I'd have given it up long ago. I have faith that the title will have better writers and artists on board under DHC than IDW, and it will also be very nice indeed for Buffy and Angel to finally seem like they're actually taking place in the same world again.

BANNED

I actually loved Lynch's writing and hope to see him doing an arc or two for Dark Horse.

I enjoyed After the Fall too and believe Lynch is a pretty good writer. The art was a little shaky in that it took me awhile to figure out who some of the characters were, but the stories were good.

I feel bad for IDW too, but it does make sense to have the Buffy and Angel properties at the same publisher.