Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR: Cup O' Joe - Aug 20, 2010

Tom Brevoort & Axel Alonso return to T&A to talk TRON/Marvel U variants, explain the end of "Daredevil," relaunch Doctor Bong, make monster sex tasteful and share loads of exclusive at from across the Marvel U!

Full article here.

Alonso: Even "mature readers" comics should be subjected to editorial standards. Some years ago, I edited a story that featured a scene portraying the aftermath of a rape that was, to my mind, staged in a salacious manner. The rapist was a character the reader had been trained to cheer for – everything he did was, well, too cool for school. And there was nothing about the way the scene was staged to make them think any different about that character – the fact that he'd just violently raped a woman was just one more thing to add to his resume that made him look like a badass. After a discussion with the writer, we agreed and came up with a way to stage it so it didn't come off that way. So it gave the reader pause, took them out of their comfort zone.
    Morbidly curious here, anyone know what book and character he's referring to?

Lots of cool stuffs...
    Daredevil, Hawkguy, Secret Avengers, Black Widow, Moon Knight, Magneto, Punisher, Wonder Woman, The Wake, Batman, Velvet, Jupiter's Legacy, Black Science,Starlight and Zero.

x-book reader since 1990

am I the only one that thinks Apocalypse no longer has a place in the MU? I mean didn't the Celestials take him out last time? and didn't Cable take out his disembodied spirit thing when they separated it from Cyclops before that? and didn't he get taken out by Stryfe before that? and didn't he get taken out by cyclops before that?...

Chaotically Neutral Monty_Cristo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TNT138 View Post
    am I the only one that thinks Apocalypse no longer has a place in the MU? I mean didn't the Celestials take him out last time? and didn't Cable take out his disembodied spirit thing when they separated it from Cyclops before that? and didn't he get taken out by Stryfe before that? and didn't he get taken out by cyclops before that?...
    he'll stop once Squirrel Girl has defeated him.
    60% percent of the time, Ant-Man beats Doom every time

Administrator Expletive Deleted's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TNT138 View Post
    am I the only one that thinks Apocalypse no longer has a place in the MU?
    Absolutely.

Then again, I'm not a fan. The Simonsons' managed to get a couple of good stories out of him, but everyone else since . . . not so much.
    Expletive Deleted

Chaotically Neutral Monty_Cristo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by G. Wayne View Post
    no clue. my guess would have been Bullseye.
    60% percent of the time, Ant-Man beats Doom every time

Administrator Expletive Deleted's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by G. Wayne View Post
    I would guess it's something Vertigo-related.
    Expletive Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Monty_Cristo View Post
    no clue. my guess would have been Bullseye.
    Daredevil/Bullseye by David Lapham?

eDIT: MY BAD, THAT WAS Daredevil vs Punisher. I bel;ieve Bullseye was in it too.
    Last edited by Trey; 08-20-2010 at 04:48 PM.
    "Calm down, call Batman." - Greg Capullo

Thumbs down

Awesome that my question was picked to be answered...too bad the answer was lame and pointless.

Come on guys..if you're gonna take the time to answer people's questions, give a real answer!

American at the Crossroad
    This weird geometrically shaped place in northern VA...

I don't agree with the assessment that because they've been showing the Man Without Fear ads that it should have been the logical conclusion Daredevil's book was ending entirely. Captain America didn't end without Steve. Heck, Punisher kept going as Frankencastle. If I recall correctly, and I could be totally wrong, the last time they did something like this, "Is Character X the New Black Panther," NONE of the characters shown became the Black Panther in that first arc. Heck, Batman didn't end after Batman: RIP, nor did Superman after Death of Superman or Green Lantern after Emerald Twilight. And going back to Black Panther, T'Challa got taken out in the first issue of the last series and lost the mantle and the book continued through 12 issues, 6 issues of Doomwar, a quick story in Age of Heroes #4, and the upcoming Klaws of the Panther, none of which had the main BP in the role, so, Tom, don't give us that we should have seen it definitively as a foregone conclusion based on stupid teasers that more often than not are just smoke up our asses anyway.

I've been enjoying the hell out of Shadowland and the minis and everything and Daredevil jumped to my pull list for the first time in anticipation of the event and I expected a temporary shift, maybe continuing the book a la Captain America or any of the bazillion Batman books or Superman books. Iron Fist took the mantle for a while for Matt and the book went on. I'm shocked because of the recent renumbering (but they're right about how quick Avengers went away after its renumbering) and because the title was selling better than a lot of other books that haven't gotten axed. I hope they've got some big finish planned for this bad boy!

DOCTOR BONG!!!!!

The issue(s?) of the original Deadpool with him in them were so good. Let's see if anyone gets this Dr. Bong reference.

"That's their mutant power I believe"

This will be awesome!

the iron man: viva las vegas answer is a joke. it's been more than just a few months since the book was possibly going to be finished; the third issue was canceled almost two years ago. there was never any recent plans to revisit it.

the first two issues weren't even that good, anyway...
    and i'm counting 1, counting 2, counting 3...

Quote Originally Posted by Expletive Deleted View Post
    I would guess it's something Vertigo-related.
    Me too. I was thinking Cassidy. I'm pretty sure he raped someone, didn't he? I mean, besides Tulip, but that was a little different. Unless it was someone in 100 Bullets. Lono, maybe?
    The Punisher: I’m going to cauterize your rectum, sealing it shut, so when you turn those delicious Pink Pants™ Fruit Pies into waste products the bilirubin in your feces will leach into your bloodstream and you’ll die screaming! And I’ll watch while having sex with this grateful prostitute!

Trussed-Up Hooker: Blueberry are my favorite!

In other words, what StoneGold said.
    -Expletive Deleted

Check out my travel site, Geekations.com

Quote Originally Posted by onslaught616 View Post
    Awesome that my question was picked to be answered...too bad the answer was lame and pointless.

Come on guys..if you're gonna take the time to answer people's questions, give a real answer!
    Sorry you didn't care for the answer, but that was a real answer, more or less. No plans for Onslaught at the moment.

Tom B