Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR: ADVANCE PREVIEW: "Valkyrie"

Marvel Comics has released an advance look at "Valkyrie," a solo tale of the Secret Avenger written by Bryan J.L. Glass, illustrated by Phil Winslade and a cover by Jay Anacleto. Valkyrie rides on September 29.

Full article here.

I like comics

Quote Originally Posted by CBR News View Post
    Marvel Comics has released an advance look at "Valkyrie," a solo tale of the Secret Avenger written by Bryan J.L. Glass, illustrated by Phil Winslade and a cover by Jay Anacleto. Valkyrie rides on September 29.

Full article here.
    Wasn't planning on getting this, but that art looks really good. Full of movement.

Ah......In a comic there is a woman in an alleyway surrounded by men, not getting/about to get raped. It really just warms the heart.
    Ready for the return of the one and only Spider-Man!!

What a gorgeous cover.
    X-Poster of the Month: May 2013
    The Best There Is At What I Do

Top Ten Magic Bitches

Talking

Definitely will be getting this One Shot of this Secret Avenger.......

Thumbs up

Stunning. I can't wait to see good ol Val!
    TEAM TEEN JEAN 2013!!

*2,000,000th X-Books Forum post goes to...Yours truly Vivica Kang*

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by John Zaleski View Post
    Ah......In a comic there is a woman in an alleyway surrounded by men, not getting/about to get raped. It really just warms the heart.
    She isn't about to or getting raped. Those are EMTs/medics. You can also check out the link at the bottom of the preview to go to the interview CBR did with Glass that has more pages of that set of scenes and see that it has nothing do with a rape.
    Last edited by alemander; 08-19-2010 at 01:27 PM.

Magnificent Bastard worstblogever's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Talisman View Post
    What a gorgeous cover.
    Been a fan of Anacleto's since he turned up on Aria, back in the day. Amazing artist.

Can't believe he was a dentist, once upon a time.

CBR's Cerebra: Mutant Tracker
    Updated Tuesdays.

X-Poster of the Month: January 2014
    - the best there is at what i do -

san francisco - the free range twink farm

Quote Originally Posted by CBR News View Post

Full article here.
    It says everything when these junior varsity artisans blow the pants off the art in Uncanny X-Men. Marvel, get rid of the veterans and give the fresh blood some real work.

...seriously... Piledriver?

I'm calling for a moratorium on the Wrecking Crew.

Quote Originally Posted by alemander View Post
    She isn't about to or getting raped. Those are EMTs/medics. You can also check out the link at the bottom of the preview to go to the interview CBR did with Glass that has more pages of that set of scenes and see that it has nothing do with a rape. But your ignorant comment on a page without lettering and without the accompanying pages to set the scene really just warms the heart.
    That's what the poster was saying. Usually when a woman is alone in an alleyway (especially with her shirt unbuttoned) surrounded by men in a comic there's an implicit thread of sexual violence. In this case, not so.
    Last edited by Hrist; 08-19-2010 at 01:35 PM.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Hrist View Post
    That's what the poster was saying. Usually when a woman is alone in an alleyway (especially with her shirt unbottoned) surrounded by men in a comic there's an implicit thread of sexual violence. In this case, not so.
    Ah, you are right. My apologies. I read it wrong the first time. Looks like I am the ignorant one, dang it all. It warms the heart when I am proven incorrect, which is quite often.
    Last edited by alemander; 08-19-2010 at 01:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hrist View Post
    That's what the poster was saying. Usually when a woman is alone in an alleyway (especially with her shirt unbuttoned) surrounded by men in a comic there's an implicit thread of sexual violence. In this case, not so.
    I thought the same thing...But this is Val. Once she came to her senses she could have killed five times before they hit the ground.
    TEAM TEEN JEAN 2013!!

*2,000,000th X-Books Forum post goes to...Yours truly Vivica Kang*

Looks good and I can’t wait to see how they clear up her convoluted history. I have always liked her and have been disappointed she was never involved more in the Thor book. She should have had a role in the Siege crossover, especially dealing with the dead Asgardians. I think she is the head of the Valkyries.
    Storm, Mistress of the Elements, commands you to release that child!

Quote Originally Posted by Agent_Torpor View Post
    It says everything when these junior varsity artisans blow the pants off the art in Uncanny X-Men. Marvel, get rid of the veterans and give the fresh blood some real work.
    "Fresh blood"? Phil Winslade and Jay Anacleto have been around for quite awhile.
    Last edited by Thirteen; 08-19-2010 at 02:06 PM.