Page 115 of 173 FirstFirst ... 1565105111112113114115116117118119125165 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,725 of 2585

Entirely off-topic for the thread, but Moondragon is far from the person that she used to be, especially since Phyla's death, so wouldn't fit in on a "Jerk Squad".
    Women are beautiful. But we're not here for your goddamn titillation.- junesdisco

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_Alternate View Post
    Entirely off-topic for the thread, but Moondragon is far from the person that she used to be, especially since Phyla's death, so wouldn't fit in on a "Jerk Squad".
    IMHO, she was much more intresting when she WAS a jerk. She needs to be "re-jerkified." That why I disliked Phyla, so much. Not only was she a boring character that tried to replace other much better characters (first Genis, then Quasar), she ruined (well, let's say damaged. There is still salvation) another of my favorites.

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_Alternate View Post
    Perhaps this should be broken out into its own thread topic - who should be on the "All Jerk Squad"? I think Pietro, UsAgent and Namor are a given, with Namor being team leader. I like the name, too, as kinda a call-out to the "All Winners Squad" that Namor was a part of in WW2.

There's gotta be a lot more that we're not thinking of - lots of characters have been jerks from time to time, but this team would be the ELITE - those who are jerks ALL of the time.
    "No job is worth your integrity" - Herm Edwards

Oh, and PS. Although also nothing to do with the thread, but since I praised the AA preview, I also have to give Kudos to Marvel for the Spider Man one. Way to remember the forgotten foreign heroes of the MU. Even though I'm not much of a Spidey-fan, and haven't followed him in years, I'm really looking foward to the collection of this storyline (Spider-Islan is another that I plan to get in TPB).

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by Rimmer View Post
    Perhaps this should be broken out into its own thread topic - who should be on the "All Jerk Squad"? I think Pietro, UsAgent and Namor are a given, with Namor being team leader. I like the name, too, as kinda a call-out to the "All Winners Squad" that Namor was a part of in WW2.

There's gotta be a lot more that we're not thinking of - lots of characters have been jerks from time to time, but this team would be the ELITE - those who are jerks ALL of the time.
    Hawkeye can be kind of a jerk most of the time. Maybe he should be team leader (even though others out-jerk him).

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by PaxHouse View Post
    Time to enjoy (especially SLG.... )these Preview Pages for Issue #30 @ .....

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...eview&id=12381
    Didn't see Penance in the mutant meeting. I'm going to assume Whiz Kid couldn't find her or wasn't aware that she was around -- which isn't hard, considering her stealthy abilities and the lack of a cell phone by which he could track her movements.

Would've been nice to see her silently perched on the top of a couch or something. I know Hama screwed her character over, but I soooooo want to see Marvel acknowledge that she is, in fact, still a mutant, despite that B.S.

But yay for Ricochet getting lines. :)

And Penny shows up later. I just hope it's in the context of being a mutant.

With Ricochet getting lines and Penny getting shown on-panel, it'll definitely be worth a purchase even without the fact that it's written by the fantastic Mr. Gage. ^.^ ...which is not me just sucking up to him in the hopes that he might glance at this and decide to use Penance more. ;P Really. XD

Quote Originally Posted by Rimmer View Post

Thread created.
    Women are beautiful. But we're not here for your goddamn titillation.- junesdisco

so uh they have cable uh, I thought he was going to be looking for hope (jk)

Quote Originally Posted by Genesis X View Post
    so uh they have cable uh, I thought he was going to be looking for hope (jk)
    Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Wren View Post
    The reason I thought northstar didn't have this restriction was that at one point Magneto said his kid is faster, and he's really not... someone explained it as Northstar is faster but doesn't have the reaction time because he has to turn his powers on/off, hence in close-quarters he's not that fast. But it may all be BS. Anyway I've never seen him do mundane things at superspeed... but then I didn't read Alpha Flight. He IS a jerk but I assumed that was because he's always had issues... wasn't he a violent Quebec separatist at one point or a terrorist or something?

I don't really like Kyle, tbh. I just find him not very interesting... but it just takes one good story to change my mind. Not that I mind same-sex relationships but this one (and Wiccan/Hulking) is just grating to me... I like Rictor/Shatterstar in X-Factor though, and Rainbow Slash (I love that name lol)...
    Indeed, young Northstar was a member of the Front de libération du Québec, a separatist group that engaged in terrorist acts. Funnily enough, he's actually too young now to have been a member. Sliding timeline really messes stuff up.

He's got superfast reflexes, as well. Whether his reflexes are equal to Quicksilver's is something I'm not sure. But I'm pretty sure he can fly faster than Quicksilver can run.

I'm a little sad that there isn't a discussion thread for AA #30 on the Avengers board yet (can't start one 'cos I won't be able to get it till Saturday at the earliest), but at least I've got one on the X-Boards to read:

http://forums.comicbookresources.com...-some-spoilers

Reviews are up on these sites, too, if you're curious:
    http://acomicbookblog.com/2012/05/av...emy-30-review/
    http://www.comicvine.com/avengers-academy-/37-335928/

The didn't have any issues in my LCS (shipping fail, I believe) so no review from me yet.

BANNED

It was a pretty decent issue. I like. Especially X-23/Hazmat and X-23/Finesse conversations.

And I'm too lazy to put up a review. But I loved the issue. Gage actually touches on a lot of the stuff people had been bringing up regarding this storyline. He has people arguing against the "concentration camp" comparison. He brings up the . . . well, stupidity, of keeping a Sentinel around with the X-kids there. Crosta mentions not giving a damn about surface conflicts. These were all matters people had been arguing about. He handled the complexities of the situation well.

Also, Shaw kicking ass was actually pretty fun.

BANNED

I'm DYING FROM THE CUTENESS!

Also, source: http://notthiscrap.tumblr.com/post/2...dback-o-i-hope
    Love this artist!