Page 106 of 173 FirstFirst ... 65696102103104105106107108109110116156 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,590 of 2585

The Sorceress was the Hag of the Pits from Devil Dinosaur #9, I think. (Somewhere in the original series.) My take on her is that she's sort of the Dr. Strange of her day, but a little loopy.

That was indeed a Celestial, but not the Dreaming Celestial.

Best,

CNG

Quote Originally Posted by MrMancha View Post
    Reptil be the chosen one has me intrigued

He is the Banana King!

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    GAGE!!! Not Cage!
    Luke Gage, Writer for hire.

hmm So would Dan Slott be like Iron Fist?

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Pipes View Post
    Avengers Academy #28 was excellent. I liked the resolution of the Runaways issue with both sides seeing things from the others sides. And hey, Mettle and Chase laughing over the Magical Rod line was pretty funny too.
    I also like that scene ALOT.

Quote Originally Posted by tommyman View Post
    They have Dinos on Glee now? Maybe I should watch that show...
    Sorry, fatuousness.
    The book has always been about these teens and their interplay and personal issues. That is the initial concept, to a large degree, to my mind.
    Fair enough, with an expanded teen cast and a guest appearance by an equally "teen super-probs" group we are possibly seeing a bit more of that side of things than straight-ahead superhero training/battles or "who will be a villain?".
    But we still are seeing sub-plots like Reptyl's move forward, and seeing the students challenge Hank and Tigra about Molly and Klara was an important developmental step on their part.
    We've seen covert defiance before, but not direct, open refusal to back the faculty up.
    It points to an increased confidence on the student's part, which will play into making them heroes (or possibly villains, the ambivalence of this step is probably well planned).

I think that the book remains excellent, and the quality is reassuringly constant, but we will all have some issues that are more our favourites than others.
    I don't think that the quality alters so much as individual issues or arcs appeal more or less to us.
    A lot of the stuff that you point out as being good is the reason I am sticking around. I gotta admit, the scene where they all had to see things from each others perspective touched me. It was well done.
    But, you correctly pointed out the things that could make the book less interesting to me.
    To me the initial concept of the book is how to help these guys make the choice in their lives to do what is right, as opposed to going negative, selfish and distructive(supervillain mode) and how difficult it is to get them to see the difference. Especially when life has already dealt them a sucky start.
    If the shoe fits: "a crankly old man standing just on the edge of a crowd gathered for a concert and stamping his feet yelling at the crowd to stop having fun, that they don't know what fun is."

So Reptil is Mexican??? I read somewhere that he was Puerto Rican.

I think it would be interesting if the AA staff took a 'New X-men: Acacemy X' approach to training the kids, divide them up into a couple of teams and make them occasionally compete. It'd be a good way to bring a lot of currently underused characters out of the background without distracting attention from the progression of the main roster.
    Last edited by HostilSpike; 04-19-2012 at 12:42 PM.

BANNED

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...eview&id=12203

Next issue looks promising so far.

The more the merrier!

The Last One to Fall Dragonfirexl's Avatar

So much for Scott having the High Ground in Schism, he leaves the kids behind to chase after Hope. While the Avengers are the ones who want to keep them safe.e

Also Now Hercules is going to have to go on the Predator website, exposing himself to teen boys and girls.

FTW Striker using the term "Bearish" even though he came out three issues ago and hasnt even kissed another boy yet.
    Once more into the fray,
    Into the last good fight I'll ever know.
    Live and die on this day,
    Live and die on this day.

BANNED

Also, why bring Shaw along?
    I know, he's brainwashed and all, but why bring him with the kids? Could you keep him at another facility?
    Just saying, that's a time bomb.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfirexl View Post
    So much for Scott having the High Ground in Schism, he leaves the kids behind to chase after Hope. While the Avengers are the ones who want to keep them safe.e

Also Now Hercules is going to have to go on the Predator website, exposing himself to teen boys and girls.

FTW Striker using the term "Bearish" even though he came out three issues ago and hasnt even kissed another boy yet.
    He has the internet<.<

I've never kissed a boy and I describe myself as Bearish all the time!

CNG

Quote Originally Posted by MrMancha View Post
    He has the internet<.<
    Hercules is gold in this. Quicksilver too... Man I want to know if Hank and the kids know who hes hiding on campus.

Keep them safe or keep them out of the fight for their races survival?

I really wonder how Gage is going to keep those kids anywhere they don't want to be? Hell could not so it will take some really good writing for Hank to do so without being a villain. Keeping kids like Pixie and Dust locked up will require either a lot of persuasion or some serous technology and magic. the latter may well put the AA over the line, but if Gage cant handle it no one can.

The reaction when they see the giant killing machine will be priceless
    Pain shared is divided, joy shared is multiplied

Quote Originally Posted by mikekerrIII View Post
    I really wonder how Gage is going to keep those kids anywhere they don't want to be?
    Looks like they came by their own will. I don't see how Sniktbub could have bring them in if they didnt want to. Unless he threatened to gut one of them, which wouldn't even surprise me, at this point.

I'm still have some trouble figuring how Surge or Primal can be ok with that, but after all, any X-kids who is not Jason Aaron's pet has been turned into a chicken.
    Me: Please Marvel, give some spotlight to your 21th century creations instead of killing them every month.
    Marvel: Avengers Arena, lol!
    Classy as always, Marvel.