Page 111 of 173 FirstFirst ... 1161101107108109110111112113114115121161 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,665 of 2585

Quote Originally Posted by HostilSpike View Post
    Sorry I wasn't making a point about the Avengers being there, it was more them calling the shots while they're guests.
    Got it. Though they bought Tony's home for a dollar and don't pay for the repairs or pay his personal servant to tend to them... and they're not obliged to work with the other Avengers, either. And they hate Tony. He gave them the mansion out of guilt. It's almost embarrassing to call it theirs. I had expected them to move out after a couple issues.

Besides I don't think they know Wanda enough to care.

Quote Originally Posted by Wren View Post
    Got it. Though they bought Tony's home for a dollar and don't pay for the repairs or pay his personal servant to tend to them... and they're not obliged to work with the other Avengers, either. And they hate Tony. He gave them the mansion out of guilt. It's almost embarrassing to call it theirs. I had expected them to move out after a couple issues.

Besides I don't think they know Wanda enough to care.

No, but they might not know Vision well enough to let him decide who is and who is not welcome into their home.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Ronin View Post
    In reply to this, and the other posts, there is something to be said about them being in shock more or less, but many of them don't hold a grudge anymore. But it was VERY uncomfortable. Perhaps on purpose, it would be uncomfortable. Still with the egos involved its hard to imagine none of the guys said anything. Even if they agreed with Vision. That was the odd part, no one else seemed to disagree but the two girls with Scarlet Witch.

Perhaps it caused a larger conversation we just didn't see though.

As for sneaking her around? Yeah probably not. Though its a big compound, I imagine Quicksilvers not exactly living in a dormitory with the students or anything. Maybe Pym knows but he hasn't acknowledged it? How would the students feel about it? Well They might not actually know she caused M-Day, the Young Avengers didn't know until very recently. Eitherway it feels like its not common knowledge among the super hero community that shes there. I'd love to see her popping up or mentioned in the upcoming Avengers Academy issues.
    I'd love to see Wanda in AA also. Especially if there's a YA issue. I don't think the students know. It'd be interesting for her to choose to tell the story to them.

You are right they are all strong personalities... I guess I just assume when it's a couple fighting, other people shut up. And I don't think that they were all agreeing with Vision... they just didn't feel very strongly against it. Who was there aside from Tony and Jessica Drew? Was Cap/Hawkeye there? I'd expect those two to say something.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Ronin View Post
    No, but they might not know Vision well enough to let him decide who is and who is not welcome into their home.
    True... not sure if this is a "let the man grieve" kind of thing...?

Quote Originally Posted by Wren View Post
    True... not sure if this is a "let the man grieve" kind of thing...?
    Possibly, which is why its so uncomfortable. My only complaint is no one said anything, and the Avengers are rarely that homogenous in their decisions.

And I don't recall who all was there. I can't imagine Thor just turning her away. But there was a handful.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_Alternate View Post
    Looking at AvX #2 and Vs #1, Utopia is heavily damaged. Going somewhere close by, that's built to cater for powered kids, is sensible during reconstruction. Also, Utopia may end up being a further battleground, I think everyone realises that, and so somewhere relatively local, but out of the fighting is a good choice.

I'm not so sure why people are making such an issue out of "lets get the kids and their adult guardians somewhere close and safe".
    Because they put the kids in the custody of people they would see as enemies. Unless they mangle those kids characters and rec ent history they will have to keep those kids there by force. read recent WAXM to see how the "kids" consider themselves.

The youngest of them is only a couple of years too young to join the military in the real world. Comparing them with noraml high school kids is like comparing the "Grey Ranks" to boy-scouts
    Pain shared is divided, joy shared is multiplied

Quote Originally Posted by yanapryde View Post
    It would be interesting to see the AA cadets interacting with the YA members in a sort of mentor/role model type relationship, for those of them (Repitl) who want to ascend to Avenger status eventually.
    And SPEED would be a good example of a "bad boy" who turned it around, thanks for the Avenger influence/encouragment.
    I think that the role modeling i from AA to the Kids would tend to work the other way, with the new kids being far more experienced veterans than the AA kids are. I don't thank the innocents at the AA would impress those kids much.

Ugh, Patriot would be a terrible mentor. I do think that him hanging up his mask and going to make a normal life for himself was the best character development he had.
    He also would be a likely fatality if the kids found out what happened at the end of CC.

Is it possible that membership has to unanimous? So, if even one objects, they can't join?

Pietro's theme tune.

That's Scott's Theme as well.
    Cyclops ad portas

Just to let those know that Mr. Gage has a bit more to say within the TUESDAY Q&A Session over @ Marvel.Com.

http://marvel.com/news/story/18655/t..._christos_gage

Ohh Good Going Box...

How the hell you did build a consitration camp on the moon?
    Cyclops ad portas

I really liked the new issue. cant wait for the next one

MXAAGVNIEETRO were right The Black Guardian's Avatar

Gage is on fire! I didn't think it was possible to be better than the last issue, but this one is. Loved the homage to Wolverine in the sewers.
    COEXIST | NOEXIST

ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelCipher
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

ok, I gotta a problem with how the x-kids are seeding the seeds of discord, but awesome issue

Vague spoilers below

I have so much love for the newest issue. Leave it to a naked Herc to break the ice and get the party started with his fantastic idea. The Transonic and Lightspeed scene was cute, and the moment between Loa, Mettle, and Hazmat both hilarious and heart-warming. It was good to see Finesse and Laura bond; that's a very unique but interesting friendship in the making.
    The only thing I didn't like is that... it ran out of pages. Waiting to find out how it all unfolds and what our bearded friend is really up is going to be hard.