Page 18 of 198 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021222868118 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Peter F. View Post
    Well Mettle might have met Gert recently...

#toosoon
    "Before you save anyone else, you have to save yourself."
    ~Gregory Maguire

Quote Originally Posted by Time_to_Zap View Post

#toosoon
    I'm not gonna lie. Those reactions are hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by NexusTenebrare View Post
    I'm not gonna lie. Those reactions are hilarious.
    I find gifs help defuse tension. ^_^
    ~Gregory Maguire

The Slender Man vampiric_cannibal's Avatar

Everytime I click my fingers, Dennis Hopeless writes another tragic death scene.
    *click*.

*click*.

*click*.

*click*.

*click*.

*click*.

There. That's all of CaXF gone.

*click*.

And Boom-Boom for good measure.

*click*.

There goes Hope.

*click*. All possible future and past versions of them.

Now think of what he is going to do to the Academy kids in Arena.
    I would like to say for the record that this is the FIRST TIME I've withheld dong when someone was so desperately asking for some.
    Brian C Wood

I can't help but feel that I directed at my personage.

Still, kudos for finding one which partially mentions the topic. It's pretty funny, especially with the weakness contrasted to the speech bubble.

I'd rather something substantive, but a laugh works just as well. Nice find.
    "Curse you, Occam's Razor! You have betrayed me!"

Reviewing is a lot like paleontology: the evidence is there, but no one seems to agree on it.

I've been AFK most the time since Christmas and that cuts a bit close to the bone.
    Arguing and feeling right and not bitter is a most glorious experience, and arguing for cases you dislike or don't believe in at all is an excellent way to learn the nuts and bolts of arguing. Helps teach logic over pushing weasel words and emotions, while leaving a place for intuition and craziness.
    I would like to say for the record that this is the FIRST TIME I've withheld dong when someone was so desperately asking for some.
    Brian C Wood

Quote Originally Posted by Jakerose View Post
    Kinda has a point though.
    Also, I've been looking for ages for a Red Lantern shirt. :(

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_Alternate View Post
    I read Academy and I'm fully aware of the spell. However, I also know that teenagers who spend considerable time apart forget briefly-made friends very, very quickly. Those trying to claim "BFFs!" or that they should somehow rush to console Hazmat, rather than sticking side-by-side with the one person they know (each other) in their present situation is pure fantasy on their part.

Hopeless is writing kids reacting to the situation very, very well.

Also, as per the agreement, Pym checks in with the Runaways if it was kept to. You're not trying to claim that both groups met up each week, surely?
    Lady_A crushes it, once again.
    It's natural for readers/fans to project their own admiration for these kids into the stories and inject them into the relationships or encounters they experience, however our own biases -- through years of attachment to characters -- can blind us to the reality of how relationships are actually forged, especially those of characters in this age bracket (and with trust issues).
    cpjudd.com

"Um, blah, blah, blah. And, Girl Power. Feminism, d'you know what I mean?"

Cool interview with Hopeless someone posted yesterday.
    http://popcultureradio.podbean.com/
    He seems to be a pretty nice guy.
    He had problems remembering Red Ravens and Justen name , good night sweet Prince we will miss you and giant robot battles.

He tries to read everything about Arena on the Internet maybe we will see him on the CBR forum one day.
    Last edited by Jakerose; 01-06-2013 at 08:38 AM.

I had problems remembering Red Ravens and Justen name , good night sweet Princes we will miss you and giant robot battles.
    I think everyone saw that coming.

He tries to read everything about Arena on the Internet maybe we will see him on the CBR forum one day.
    . . . Oh, what interest the future will hold if that persists.

Reviewing is a lot like paleontology: the evidence is there, but no one seems to agree on it.

So was Red Raven a member of the Braddock Academy? I'm thinking not, given that none of those kids brought her up or seemed sad about her demise...

And does anyone else think that Apex is going to end up being a villain down the line? The fact that she was proud of Rebecca fighting Hazmat raised some red flags for me, as did her nice treatment and defense of Rebecca at the Hogwarts camp...I mean, it seems like she wants to use the younger hero, maybe to compensate for her own "lamest power of the lot." I smell a betrayal coming down the line.
    ~Gregory Maguire

Quote Originally Posted by Time_to_Zap View Post
    So was Red Raven a member of the Braddock Academy? I'm thinking not, given that none of those kids brought her up or seemed sad about her demise...
    No indication was given, so I'm leaning "No".

And does anyone else think that Apex is going to end up being a villain down the line? The fact that she was proud of Rebecca fighting Hazmat raised some red flags for me, as did her nice treatment and defense of Rebecca at the Hogwarts camp...I mean, it seems like she wants to use the younger hero, maybe to compensate for her own "lamest power of the lot." I smell a betrayal coming down the line.
    I think she all but confirmed it when she mentioned her silver tongued nature. I see her throwing a few people under the bus to further her own agenda or survival.

He had problems remembering Red Ravens and Justen name , good night sweet Prince we will miss you and giant robot battles.

The interesting thing is that he didn't mention Cammi by name there, but does mention Annihilation at a point where the audio is muffled. Red Raven was so minor he completely forgot, but I think Juston may genuinely do little for the first few issues. Or he may be brutally murdered, I don't care which. This interview was before the release of #1, so it didn't focus on characters other than Arcade. I think Cammi's fine, and that just because Red Raven both never had a chance and was forgettable doesn't mean we should jump to conclusions from Hopeless not immediately mentioning a character. It is a pretty large cast.
    Brian C Wood

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_Alternate View Post
    I read Academy and I'm fully aware of the spell. However, I also know that teenagers who spend considerable time apart forget briefly-made friends very, very quickly. Those trying to claim "BFFs!" or that they should somehow rush to console Hazmat, rather than sticking side-by-side with the one person they know (each other) in their present situation is pure fantasy on their part.

Hopeless is writing kids reacting to the situation very, very well.

Also, as per the agreement, Pym checks in with the Runaways if it was kept to. You're not trying to claim that both groups met up each week, surely?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8xQSz.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	16.0 KB 
ID:	106815

These words do not belong together in the same sentence