Page 13 of 198 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363113 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 195 of 2965
  1. #181
    Curiosity Seaker Majin Gojira's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    883

    Default

    It's rather clear that it is not obvious to anyone but yourself. I can see that the interpretation has some basis to it, but it overstretches the information we have at this point. Furthermore, it does not match her narration form issue 1. We can't confirm it, only express our fears. It's possible, yes, but not definite. Calm down. I loath this series heavily, but I will not rail against it from weak positions, nor decry it for false slights. There's better things to take apart in this preview anyway. If you're going to attack it, attack it from a sturdy position so that none may countermand you. Flailing blindly is counterproductive to your cause.

    Wait, hold back and forge your hate into a razor's edge and wait for the right time to strike.
    "Curse you, Occam's Razor! You have betrayed me!"

    Reviewing is a lot like paleontology: the evidence is there, but no one seems to agree on it.

  2. #182
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Imnottelling!
    Posts
    24,941

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lady_Alternate View Post
    Oh, dear.

    Hon, just stop. The stuff you're making up isn't even plausible to anyone but you, let alone "obvious".
    You know why it totally is plausable?



    How many X-23 fans are convinced that Surge is a total bitch and should die now because of how she's been portrayed of late?
    How many WatXM fans think Hellion is a big raving jackass?

    They're doing that to Hazmat. Just watch.

  3. #183
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Imnottelling!
    Posts
    24,941

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Majin Gojira View Post
    It's rather clear that it is not obvious to anyone but yourself. I can see that the interpretation has some basis to it, but it overstretches the information we have at this point. Furthermore, it does not match her narration form issue 1. We can't confirm it, only express our fears. It's possible, yes, but not definite. Calm down. I loath this series heavily, but I will not rail against it from weak positions, nor decry it for false slights. There's better things to take apart in this preview anyway. If you're going to attack it, attack it from a sturdy position so that none may countermand you. Flailing blindly is counterproductive to your cause.

    Wait, hold back and forge your hate into a razor's edge and wait for the right time to strike.
    Fine, fine. But I can already tell this is gonna be a long and painful haul.

  4. #184
    Curiosity Seaker Majin Gojira's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    883

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    Fine, fine. But I can already tell this is gonna be a long and painful haul.
    Dude, we knew that already. Like, back when it was announced.
    "Curse you, Occam's Razor! You have betrayed me!"

    Reviewing is a lot like paleontology: the evidence is there, but no one seems to agree on it.

  5. #185
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Imnottelling!
    Posts
    24,941

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lady_Alternate View Post
    None.
    None.

    Stop. Please?
    Then you and I haven't been going on the same Comic book forums.

  6. #186
    Curiosity Seaker Majin Gojira's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    883

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lady_Alternate View Post
    None.
    Actually . . . a little bit. In X-23's own series . . . and in the Jubilee mini . . . Yeah.

    None.
    Eh. . . His last appearance in Wolverine & the X-Men was rather regressive at best.

    Whether that will happen to Hazmat is unknown, but is in the realm of possibility.
    "Curse you, Occam's Razor! You have betrayed me!"

    Reviewing is a lot like paleontology: the evidence is there, but no one seems to agree on it.

  7. #187
    Pure Hellcatnip Lady_Alternate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Over Here
    Posts
    15,144

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Majin Gojira View Post
    Actually . . . a little bit. In X-23's own series . . . and in the Jubilee mini . . . Yeah.



    Eh. . . His last appearance in Wolverine & the X-Men was rather regressive at best.

    Whether that will happen to Hazmat is unknown, but is in the realm of possibility.
    The questions were regards fans, not portrayal in the book, and neither leading statement was true.
    Women are beautiful. But we're not here for your goddamn titillation.- junesdisco

  8. #188
    Curiosity Seaker Majin Gojira's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    883

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lady_Alternate View Post
    The questions were regards fans, not portrayal in the book, and neither leading statement was true.
    Portrayal colors the view of the characters for new readers. If that is the only impression they have, that is the impression they get. QED.
    "Curse you, Occam's Razor! You have betrayed me!"

    Reviewing is a lot like paleontology: the evidence is there, but no one seems to agree on it.

  9. #189
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Imnottelling!
    Posts
    24,941

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Majin Gojira View Post
    Portrayal colors the view of the characters for new readers. If that is the only impression they have, that is the impression they get. QED.
    And let's not forget:



    "That's a good girl" she says like she's proud of her best friend beating up a bully, even though she's a grieving girl, but they still play it up like it's a Benny Hill Comedy.

    Seriously, how can you people not see what they're doing?!

  10. #190
    Curiosity Seaker Majin Gojira's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    883

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    "That's a good girl" she says like she's proud of her best friend beating up a bully, even though she's a grieving girl, but they still play it up like it's a Benny Hill Comedy.

    Seriously, how can you people not see what they're doing?!
    Because you're reading the line in a way that is different from others. That's okay. To me, at the very least, it's a bit of ominious foreshadowing on the for Apex. She's already plotting things, "Oh look, someone who isn't in control of theoir powers and whio is fragile enough to easily be manipulated. That could be useful."

    I've seen people repeat saying "I'm sorry" when genuine with it, but in obvious stress.

    The entire narration about Allies vs. Friends sets it up as well. Making that interpretation stronger than yours. It's not wrong, just weaker.
    "Curse you, Occam's Razor! You have betrayed me!"

    Reviewing is a lot like paleontology: the evidence is there, but no one seems to agree on it.

  11. #191
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Imnottelling!
    Posts
    24,941

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Majin Gojira View Post
    Because you're reading the line in a way that is different from others. That's okay. To me, at the very least, it's a bit of ominious foreshadowing on the for Apex. She's already plotting things, "Oh look, someone who isn't in control of theoir powers and whio is fragile enough to easily be manipulated. That could be useful."

    I've seen people repeat saying "I'm sorry" when genuine with it, but in obvious stress.

    The entire narration about Allies vs. Friends sets it up as well. Making that interpretation stronger than yours. It's not wrong, just weaker.
    I heard the Apex theory, but I'm not sure.

    And the whole page reads like something out of Naruto or something. It just seems like it's trying to be funny and goofy at Hazmat's expense.

  12. #192
    Curiosity Seaker Majin Gojira's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    883

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    I heard the Apex theory, but I'm not sure.

    And the whole page reads like something out of Naruto or something. It just seems like it's trying to be funny and goofy at Hazmat's expense.
    Maybe like the first 10 chapters of Naruto, but no, not really. I see nothing comedic here. There's no setup, there's no punchline. There's no mix, there's no callback and no absurdity/surprise dichotomy. There's nothing even resembling a joke here.

    If it IS a joke, it's stale as all hell.
    "Curse you, Occam's Razor! You have betrayed me!"

    Reviewing is a lot like paleontology: the evidence is there, but no one seems to agree on it.

  13. #193
    Fabulous GreenComixEnvy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    The Land of Oz
    Posts
    2,288

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    You know why it totally is plausable?



    How many X-23 fans are convinced that Surge is a total bitch and should die now because of how she's been portrayed of late?
    How many WatXM fans think Hellion is a big raving jackass?

    They're doing that to Hazmat. Just watch.
    I already thought Surge was a bitch, so yeah.

  14. #194
    Science > Politics Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Monroe, NY
    Posts
    5,095

    Default

    If's funny that I have issues #1 and 2 waiting to be read, and thanks to this thread, I have NO idea what to expect. I can't tell if that's a good thing or a bad thing.
    Every week, I write about the science in comic books and what it says about our real world!
    Check it out, if you'd like!

  15. #195
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Imnottelling!
    Posts
    24,941

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Majin Gojira View Post
    Maybe like the first 10 chapters of Naruto, but no, not really. I see nothing comedic here. There's no setup, there's no punchline. There's no mix, there's no callback and no absurdity/surprise dichotomy. There's nothing even resembling a joke here.

    If it IS a joke, it's stale as all hell.
    It's like scooby doo when they throw popcorn at the monster's face and run away. Deathlockette accidentally fried Hazmat into blasting her and she's running away with a "WOO WOO WOO WOO!" Three stooges noise.

    I'm not being condescending. You really are being paranoid and reading way, way too much into previews, jumping not from A to B to C, but from A to $#@&% to !!!!!!. I'm simply being honest and straightforward with you, as I believe it's the best response. I've tried to reassure you, at length, and be as friendly as possible in the past, but despite your assurances and promises, nothing has changed.
    Then tell me, what's the road for Hazmat then? Cause it's obviously "Become a monster and killed."

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •