Page 10 of 198 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060110 ... LastLast

Arena as well? Whyyyy?
    Currently Reading:
    Avengers, UXM, UA, NA, YA, AA, SSM, Hawkguy, Fearless Defenders,WaTXM, ANXM

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by vampiric_cannibal View Post
    He grabbed who he could get. If you can break into a facility and kidnap kids on one night only, you don't get picky. The JGS is on a Krakoa and the teachers have nowhere to go. If the Academy teachers had stayed, Mettle would be alive. In-universe, at least.

mugiwara, I have to say that I prefer the French names. Cuirasse is badass, far more than Mettle. Refers to a type of breastplate, IIRC. Zombify him and put him on a skeleton horse, and call him the undead Cuirassier.
    If that's the deal, then why didn't he grab the Young Avengers. Bah, whatever, Arena sucks.

BANNED

Ah crap, now it's an Academy/Arena thread. I'm leaving before those mountains of hecklers appear.

God, Arena is going to drive me mad for the next 2 years.

The Slender Man vampiric_cannibal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    If that's the deal, then why didn't he grab the Young Avengers. Bah, whatever, Arena sucks.
    Because they're completely off the radar? Bah, whatever, if only Finesse was in Arena. That'd be awesome.
    I would like to say for the record that this is the FIRST TIME I've withheld dong when someone was so desperately asking for some.
    Brian C Wood

Pirelli's Miracle Elixir Probably_not_a_Nurgling's Avatar

While I can't say I agree with the premise of Arena, I'm liking Arcade's new look. Sort of a "Lou Siffer" thing he's got going there.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by vampiric_cannibal View Post
    Because they're completely off the radar? Bah, whatever, if only Finesse was in Arena. That'd be awesome.
    Cammi wasn't even on the Avengers' radar!

The Slender Man vampiric_cannibal's Avatar

Cammi wasn't even on the Avengers' radar!
    Arcade knew he had to get a ringer in to make things interesting. Cammi is so impossibly badass and hard to kill, he knew he was onto a good thing.
    I would like to say for the record that this is the FIRST TIME I've withheld dong when someone was so desperately asking for some.
    Brian C Wood

Ah crap, now it's an Academy/Arena thread. I'm leaving before those mountains of hecklers appear.

God, Arena is going to drive me mad for the next 2 years.
    I think it'll be cancelled before.
    “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it.”

Quote Originally Posted by Starleafgirl View Post
    Eh, I get that YOU think sadness is the only possible reaction to death, but I'd just like to echo that I think Hazmat's mix of tears and anger is a pretty accurate representation of how that character deals with trauma. A lot of people turn to anger so that they don't have to feel the sadness of something so horrible.
    Yea. If somebody killed my Wooby (that's what I call him) I'd go apeshit and END them.
    Grief and loss and pain and sorrow elicite different reactions from people. Some turn into weeping puddles and some become enraged.
    Hazmat? Turning to anger? Absolutely in character.

Yeah, I agree, the Nico-not-using-magic-to-save-everyone thing is bugging me, ...
    Nico is a skeptic. She's playing her cards real close to her chest. She and Chase have had plenty of experience with betrayl and subterfuge that they're laying low, assessing the situation and keeping their respective abilities hidden from the others.
    One could argue "Oh but the Academy kids know about her powers! They've seen them in action!" but given the circumstances, how/why should Nico and Chase believe what is happening around them is real or that anyone in the room can be trusted?

They're skeptics. That's my in-verse explanation for their LACK of involvement thus far.
    cpjudd.com

"Um, blah, blah, blah. And, Girl Power. Feminism, d'you know what I mean?"

Hah I've just realised it actually is a arena/academy thread! ;)
    “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it.”

Ironic it happened around Christmas.

Ironic, or annoying.
    "Curse you, Occam's Razor! You have betrayed me!"

Reviewing is a lot like paleontology: the evidence is there, but no one seems to agree on it.

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonspider89 View Post
    Arena as well? Whyyyy?
    There really won't be any news about Academy any more, and the conversation has shifted to Arena.
    XPOTM:September 2010

Quote Originally Posted by yanapryde View Post
    Yea. If somebody killed my Wooby (that's what I call him) I'd go apeshit and END them.
    Grief and loss and pain and sorrow elicite different reactions from people. Some turn into weeping puddles and some become enraged.
    Hazmat? Turning to anger? Absolutely in character.

Nico is a skeptic. She's playing her cards real close to her chest. She and Chase have had plenty of experience with betrayl and subterfuge that they're laying low, assessing the situation and keeping their respective abilities hidden from the others.
    One could argue "Oh but the Academy kids know about her powers! They've seen them in action!" but given the circumstances, how/why should Nico and Chase believe what is happening around them is real or that anyone in the room can be trusted?

They're skeptics. That's my in-verse explanation for their LACK of involvement thus far.
    Interesting Defense of course it has no justification in text so I am not buying it yet.
    Black History Month & 29 Days in February

Anybody else hoping The Academy kids getting a ongoing again after this? Maybe they will not disappear like the Initiative kids ?

Not sure enough will make it out alive. I am sure X-23 will though. But no I figure Marvel goes with the Young Avengers model for most part here on out. Nice clear analogs of famous avengers.
    Black History Month & 29 Days in February