Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR: Oeming & Segovia Rearm Marvel's God of War

In "Chaos War: Ares," the God of War returns from the dead to teach the Chaos King a lesson or two about the true meaning of war. We spoke with writer Mike Oeming and artist Stephen Segovia about the one-shot.

Full article here.

Mike Oeming back to doing Ares? YES!

Mike Oeming: Well, first I have to say it was an honor to be asked to write Ares again. It was great fun taking this sort of forgotten character and breathing life into him, and seeing other characters such as Alexander and Amatsu-Mikaboshi continue on to become players in the Marvel Universe is very, very rewarding. I hope to do more with Marvel characters in the future, especially ones like Ares, who were sort of on the side of things.

I love Ares, I see him as a torn character.
    oh, LOL Mike Oeming. LOL.

Why weren't these Chaos War tie-ins weren't solicited?
    University of Penn Student. Go Quakers! Pull List: Saga, Batman, Danger Clubl, Amazing Spider-Man, Action Comics, Daredevil, and Hawkeye Limited Series Books: AvX & Spider-Men

Quote Originally Posted by metalliccorps View Post
    Why weren't these Chaos War tie-ins weren't solicited?
    Maybe they didn't want them shown until this week?

Sad Hawkguy in the snow CyberHubbs's Avatar

Well, this is definitely shaping up to be an interesting event. Just wish they'd gone with a different event title.
    I know Kevin Nichols through a guy that knows a gal. Small world!

If nihilism didn't take some delight in destruction one might suspect nihilists were an unnaturally morbid sort.
    -Theophilus

Will this event explain where Wanda's Chaos magic came from?

That said, Oeming has definitely been the definitive writer for Marvel's Ares.

Quote Originally Posted by MisterSmith View Post
    Maybe they didn't want them shown until this week?
    But the solicits just came out yesterday along with the news of the Alpha Flight one-shot. The Dead Avengers mini was announced before the solicits came out too.
    University of Penn Student. Go Quakers! Pull List: Saga, Batman, Danger Clubl, Amazing Spider-Man, Action Comics, Daredevil, and Hawkeye Limited Series Books: AvX & Spider-Men

Well that death's impact was washed away quickly.
    I wonder how he is going to deal with the Alexander retcon. I think he simply might ignore it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    I wonder how he is going to deal with the Alexander retcon. I think he simply might ignore it.
    What retcon?

Also, this event is going to be so F#$%ing badass.

Quote Originally Posted by metalliccorps View Post
    But the solicits just came out yesterday along with the news of the Alpha Flight one-shot. The Dead Avengers mini was announced before the solicits came out too.
    I believe they said the Alpha Flight one won't take place till around issue 3 for the Chaos War main story. the rest of these might come out later than issue 1 of Chaos War also.

This sounds great. Even though I liked Oeming Ares mini I kinda wish it could have been Gillen writing this. His Dark Reign: Ares mini was superb.
    Psylocke

Sounds like Ares is going to get his ass kicked again, or maybe he can't die now

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post

Well Ares is supposed to be immortal. If the Avengers had thought to stick his two halves together, he'd be up and around by now.

Being immortal doesn't mean one can't perish in battle. Look at the elves from LotR. They are all immortal but they can die from being wounded. Same with gods.

Besides they do say that he is between life and death due to what the Chaos King is doing/planning. I am sure he will return to death, as will most of the reappearing dead characters once the Chaos War ends. There will be one or two characters that do make the transition from death back to life.