Thread: Avatars

BANNED

Default Avatars

If you use a gif as an avatar how does it take before it starts working/moving? Is it just my imagination or do avatars grow in size the longer you use them? What are the rules concerning picture content? Could I use a marijuana leaf for instance?

Gifs animate depending on how you set them up. We do have a size limit which does limit the amount of animation.

From the FAQ/RULES

User avatars may be 80x80 pixels and up to 20kb in size, whether animated or not. Accepted file formats for avatars are jpg and gif.

The content of avatars should be kept to a PG-13 and work-place safe rating. If an avatar is deemed inappropriate by a member of the moderating team then further action may take place, depending on the exact content. This may range from a request to change the avatar to immediate replacement of the avatar by a member of the administration and a ban being issued (graphic content only).
    As for a marijuana leaf, it should be ok. But as it states above, it depends on the graphic.

BANNED

Thanks! ....

Default Avatars?

Sorry if there has been a thread about this already. Please merge if that's the case.

I'd just like to ask about gif Avatars. I tried a gif but it wouldnt animate. Does CBR only take pictures?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hurt View Post
    Sorry if there has been a thread about this already. Please merge if that's the case.

I'd just like to ask about gif Avatars. I tried a gif but it wouldnt animate. Does CBR only take pictures?
    I've found that when that happens, it's because the GIF is too large. The file size needs to be 19.5 KB or under.

But GIFs do work, that much I assure you. My avatar is one, after all.

There is a land called Passive-Agressiva, and I am their Queen.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hurt View Post

If you need help trying to get a gif to work, then I could be most likely be of service.

Just send me a PM or post the pics here.
    Psychologically, the guns you use will define you - Pharoahe Monch

Certi amori non finiscono. Fanno dei giri immensi, e poi ritornano ~

You've brought back Stephanie Brown. Now please bring back Helena Bertinelli!

Thanks a lot guys. Beetlebum i'll try with smaller size and if that doesnt work i might call on your assistance!

Thanks a lot!