Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Red Robin #17 Solicit: PLEASE Don't Be A Misdirect DC!

RED ROBIN #17
    Written by FABIAN NICIEZA
    Art and cover by MARCUS TO & RAY MCCARTHY
    How does the return of Bruce Wayne and the beginning of Batman, Inc. work into Red Robin’s plan to initiate an international stranglehold on crime? If Batman approves of everything Red Robin has set in motion, what will he do when his protÈgÈ decides to release the gang-leader-and-maybe-undercover-cop Lynx from prison? And guess which surprise guest star you’ll see when Red Robin takes a quick trip to Hong Kong!
    On sale NOVEMBER 10 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US

Based on what was said at SDCC, I'm going to hope it's Cassie, but I dunno. I've been burned so many times at this point....

Awesome cover!

There is nothing not awesome about this.

Elder Member

Eh, we've been misled before. I'm putting money on a last minute rewrite.

Masked Bat-Mod RonnieThunderbolts's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Free-Man View Post
    Based on what was said at SDCC, I'm going to hope it's Cassie, but I dunno. I've been burned so many times at this point....
    I reached the same conclusion based on the SDCC quote, the mentions of Fabian about being interested in using her at some point, the mention in Red Robin of Cass in connection to Hong Kong, and mentioned it on the November Solicits thread.

I'm thinking it is probably Cassandra. Sure, it could be a misdirect, but it seems like it would be a lot of work for nothing, and it seems unlikely to merely be a coincidence, at least to me. I'm more interested in seeing what it means. The fact that very quickly three posters shared this implication in different threads indicates that Cass's fans are still out there. I hope at this point, with all the convention and internet questions/requests about/for Cassandra appearing in other books that DC can see she has potential to be used successfully. If it is indeed Cass Fabian is using, and she is indeed appearing in a significant way in a story, I am hopeful for what it means for the character's future. But still hesitant.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Eh, we've been misled before. I'm putting money on a last minute rewrite.
    Really? Putting money on it? How much?
    Considering the solicit never says WHO it will be, it can end up being ANYONE -- even the person you claim it won't be -- and I could say you lost the bet, since right now, only Marcus, Ray and the Bat-editors know for sure.
    And they'd split the money with me if I gave them a cut.

So... how much money you puttin' down...? :-)

-- fabian

I'll just kinda repost what I put in the Cass thread;

I'm glas that Cass will (probably) be showing up soon. This must be those 'Big Plans' DC had for her for 2010... It's normal for us Cassfans to approach this cautiously but I am feeling good about it.
    I wonder what this is gonna be like. I was hoping there would be a proper piece for Cass during the Return, but knowing DC's hate for the character that was pretty wishful thinking. Nicieza has mention Cass might show up in Red Robin, so I guess she will and this is it. What does it mean for the character though? Will this be her only appearence for the next two years? Are DC gonna let Nicieza, Simone or anyone else use her after this? Is this a mercy-showing to get us to shut it for a while? Or something good?
    I'm hoping this appearance, assuming it is indeed Cass, will firstly be good and in character, and secondly be a positive indicator of the character's future.
    No hugs, only RAGE

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by FabianNicieza View Post
    Really? Putting money on it? How much?
    Considering the solicit never says WHO it will be, it can end up being ANYONE -- even the person you claim it won't be -- and I could say you lost the bet, since right now, only Marcus, Ray and the Bat-editors know for sure.
    And they'd split the money with me if I gave them a cut.

So... how much money you puttin' down...? :-)

-- fabian
    So basically, you're leaving wiggle room in case you change it from Cass, whom all of us obviously suspect it to be, to anyone else. So no disrespect intended, but I still like my odds

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    So basically, you're leaving wiggle room in case you change it from Cass, whom all of us obviously suspect it to be, to anyone else. So no disrespect intended, but I still like my odds
    Since I know who it is and you don't and we could change it as you expect and I still would know and you wouldn't, I gotta tell you I like my odds better.
    :-)

-- fabian

This literally made my day.

True, "quick trip" doesn't sound like there'll be much of her, but hey, this could be something. I have a measure of faith in Nicieza.

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by FabianNicieza View Post
    Since I know who it is and you don't and we could change it as you expect and I still would know and you wouldn't, I gotta tell you I like my odds better.
    :-)

-- fabian
    Heh, good point.

The new "Batman, Incorporated" international status and the fact that Tim, Steph, and the Birds of Prey probably all fall under the "Batman Umbrella" could make for a hell of a crossover.

Factor in a few other DC Kung-Fu players who are semi-homeless right now - Renee Montoya, for instance. Could be Batman, Inc's first "big victory" in the international fight against crime.
    "Everything hs changed. ‘Dark’ entertainment now looks like hysterical, adolescent, ‘Zibarro’ crap." - Morrison, 2008.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Its mangrove pierce! Haha

But in all seriousness, this might be it Cass fans.

BANNED

I love this series so hard right now.

Fabian, you can deny who it is all you want. But I know the truth.

Free your soul and let it fly....