Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR: Gage Gets Ragged with "Ragman"

CBR News spoke with writer Christos Gage about his one-shot exploring the legacy of DC Comics' Ragman and the enjoyment Gage has in working with lesser-known characters of the comic book industry.

Full article here.

Very nice to see Christos back at DC, even if it's just a 1-shot. (Also nice seeing Segovia's name on this - I was thinking he was a Marvel guy thee days).

Hopefully this DOES lead to more DCU work for Chris. He's a great writer, and his penchant for focusing on lesser known/obscure characters (AVENGERS: THE INITIATIVE was full of 'em) is one I always enjoy seeing in my comics.

Gage is a good writer and all but I don't see his style rising Ragman's status any higher then shadowpact did.

Usually I find Gage's stuff kinda boring to read, even though I feel like I should be a fan his stuff. But, I think I'll enjoy Ragman regardless. Now, on to the link...
    Marvel, STOP writing for the Trade so I can go back to collecting Monthlies again. Thanks.

Fraggin' Bastich

The premise seems good. O'll give it a try, but I wih they had just released it as a miniseries

I liked his Deadshot mini, it was a good take on the character while being funny and having plenty of great feats from him. So I'll be picking this up, hopefully it will lead to something else, like a back-up.

Quote Originally Posted by saidestroyer View Post
    The premise seems good. O'll give it a try, but I wih they had just released it as a miniseries
    I'm glad it's not a miniseries. Last thing I wanna do is to keep up with yet another character over a few months. Ugh. Just being a One-Shot is bad enough for me, that is. Especially since this'll be my first foray into the character. One 22-page story will be enough to whet my appetite please.
    Marvel, STOP writing for the Trade so I can go back to collecting Monthlies again. Thanks.

Sounds like trademark renewal time.
    Static Pulse: That's why I like you. You're like four degrees away from being a William Gibson protagonist.

Mazel tov !
    www.writeups.org - the biggest, bestest character profiles site for comics and movies. Now 5000+ entries.

Current fav entry - Static (Virgil Hawkins)

Ragman is, randomly, my favorite DC character. Totally looking forward to this.

Put Creature Commandos into the Vertigo line and crank up the violence. That's the only way to do them justice.

Quote Originally Posted by redvector View Post
    Put Creature Commandos into the Vertigo line and crank up the violence. That's the only way to do them justice.
    Heh, funny you use "Creature Commandos" and "justice" in the same post. Because they're showing up in a November issue of JUSTICE LEAGUE: GENERATION LOST.....