Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR: Is "Shadowland" The End For Daredevil?

The future for Daredevil doesn't looks so bright if this new teaser image from Marvel Comics featuring the Man Without Fear's various costumes burning under an ominous headline of "The End" is any indication.

Full article here.

I'm actually more excited for the new direction the series will take post-Shadowland than I am for the rest of this mini.

Is that the classic yellow costume on the right? Nice.

I dunno mannnnn... can't judge it 'til it's over, but I hope they're not OMD-ing Matt Murdoch. I hope the premise isn't that the character is so damaged from the questionable things he's done that he has to be rebooted. I may very well be wrong, though.

And I gotta kind of agree with this:

Quote Originally Posted by Schluffy
    If they kill off daredevil I am dropping the book. I've been reading since #1 V2 and I have been trying to like Shadowland but am really struggling to enjoy it. It just isn't Matt. This is turning into Marvels Hal Jordan Paralax fiasco in the 90's.
    I actually don't mind the CONCEPT at all, but the way it's being executed is kind of disappointing.
    Last edited by Bevbos; 08-10-2010 at 07:17 AM.

If they kill off daredevil I am dropping the book. I've been reading since #1 V2 and I have been trying to like Shadowland but am really struggling to enjoy it. It just isn't Matt. This is turning into Marvels Hal Jordan Paralax fiasco in the 90's.

Please marvel. Do not kill Matt Murdock.

Quote Originally Posted by karatechop16 View Post
    I'm actually more excited for the new direction the series will take post-Shadowland than I am for the rest of this mini.

Is that the classic yellow costume on the right? Nice.
    Yeah, that's the classic yellow costume. This will end with the heroes thinking Daredevil dies, then he will become a villain with a new identity. Could be cool.

Maybe we'll end up getting a Daredevil Corps and 3 spin off titles ;-)

I hope not. Shadowland bought me into putting DD on my pull list.

Agent of SHIELD/SWORD marvelprince's Avatar

Going into Shadowland I wasn't expecting a new direction really, more a return to status quo. DD's been doing his own thing for a while, so I'm excited to see him interacting with the rest of the MU and a shake up in Matt's world.

Cool image, but Shadowland has been crap imo.

Ugly drawn, yikes!

Quote Originally Posted by Bevbos View Post
    I dunno mannnnn... can't judge it 'til it's over, but I hope they're not OMD-ing Matt Murdoch. I hope the premise isn't that the character is so damaged from the questionable things he's done that he has to be rebooted. I may very well be wrong, though.
    One wonders though, Matt's lost his profession, his wife and is in the process of losing what left of his friends and sanity. His current status quo is untenable.

He's been backed into a corner. Either he gets a reboot or Murdock essentialy becomes Frank Castle but with a better dispostion.

I kind of want to see what they do here.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    One wonders though, Matt's lost his profession, his wife and is in the process of losing what left of his friends and sanity. His current status quo is untenable.

He's been backed into a corner. Either he gets a reboot or Murdock essentialy becomes Frank Castle but with a better dispostion.

I kind of want to see what they do here.
    I'm of the same mind. Much as I usually dislike it, in this case having Matt Murdock go off the deep end and either become a villain for real or simple die might be the best thing for him. Have someone else take up the costume and name and try to rebuild Daredevil as a hero.

Talking The DD relaunch?

As many readers, I will wait after the Shadowland mini what the DD title will become.

I always loved DD under its dark periods (hum... Elektra... Typhoid Mary... Frank Miller...), but I have gave up after some "normal" issues.

Maybe, if this character is finaly frankly "adult" (more mature readers), I may buy it again.

After all, Shadowland maybe is a relaunch of the title, who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by Ebon View Post
    I'm of the same mind. Much as I usually dislike it, in this case having Matt Murdock go off the deep end and either become a villain for real or simple die might be the best thing for him. Have someone else take up the costume and name and try to rebuild Daredevil as a hero.
    Yeah, but what I object to is the Snakeroot having brought some mystical doo-dah into Matt's head, thus explaining away all his questionable actions, as opposed to just having this REALLY be a terrible meltdown of Matt's own accord, one he'd then have to atone for over a number of years.

If they'll really kill Daredevil, i expect his return any minute now.

Overall i'm not a fan of the strategy to justify an event with killing an important character and forgetting a long the way to tell a good story.