Default What's Steven up to these days?

Mr. Grant has been very quiet in cyberspace.

I pop up on Facebook, mostly. At least publicly. I'm out of the essays game these days, & quietly writing comics, screenplays & short prose stories that materialize in the real world now & then.

I'm glad you're still around! I'll have to look for you on FB. Last weekend I moved house and culled some comics; the Grants stayed, dammit! Challengers of the Unknown, Badlands, Enemy, Damned, Return to Big Nothing, etc.

There are comics I've done that I wouldn't recommend keeping, but those... good choices, man. Thanks.

- Grant

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Grant View Post
    There are comics I've done that I wouldn't recommend keeping, but those... good choices, man. Thanks.

- Grant
    I'm woefully behind on your output since the 90s!

By the way, it sounds like the 2 Guns film is gaining momentum. However, I read this recently from Screen Rant:
    Here is an official description of writer Steve Grant’s original 2 Guns comic book:

A pulp story about cops and thieves and the men that are something in between. Trench has targeted a local bank to rob, and asked Steadman in on the job. Trench figures it’s a great way to score — considering it’s a cover for mob money. They’ll be thieves ripping off thieves. But what Steadman doesn’t know is that Trench is a DEA agent. And what Trench doesn’t know is that Steadman’s a Naval Intelligence officer. They’re both cops! And neither one knows that they’re not robbing the mob, they’ve been set up to steal $50 million from the CIA!
    2 Guns has been described as a lightweight comical spin on heist/caper flicks like Ocean’s Eleven or The Italian Job.
    To be honest, I haven't read 2 Guns (YET - sounds right up my alley) but, "a lightweight comical spin" is how they interpret the immediately story?!

Quote Originally Posted by Steelhead View Post
    To be honest, I haven't read 2 Guns (YET - sounds right up my alley) but, "a lightweight comical spin" is how they interpret the immediately story?!
    I have always viewed it as a comedy, yes, & I'm glad they picked up on that, since I didn't exactly write it as a comedy. (I didn't not write it as a comedy, but I didn't deliberately play up the comedic elements, as usually happens in a comedy.)

My own pitch for the series, which is a little different from the film, was: two small time crooks decide to rob a drug bank, both unaware the other is an undercover cop & that the "drug bank" is really a CIA money laundry. Hilarity ensues.

The trade is still available from Boom! Studios: http://www.boom-studios.com/2-guns-tpb.html

- Grant

Ra's Al Cool

I totally remember reading the first couple issues of 2 Guns. Then either the shop stopped carrying it or I switched shops. I lived in Kansas, it's kind of the Wild West out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Jono11 View Post
    I lived in Kansas, it's kind of the Wild West out there.
    Well, I know it used to be...

- Grant

No task too small ForeverTaskmaster's Avatar

- Grant
    Hello Steven.

Were you satisfied with the Stone Cold Steve Austin comic you did?
    I really enjoyed that one. If you ask me that could have been movie material.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverTaskmaster View Post
    Hello Steven.

Were you satisfied with the Stone Cold Steve Austin comic you did?
    I really enjoyed that one. If you ask me that could have been movie material.
    Overall, I liked the Steve Austin comic. It got away from me a little in the middle. But I thought I got the persona down pretty well. Never heard what Austin thought of it, if anything.

- Grant

No task too small ForeverTaskmaster's Avatar

Overall, I liked the Steve Austin comic. It got away from me a little in the middle. But I thought I got the persona down pretty well. Never heard what Austin thought of it, if anything.

- Grant
    I really think you got the persona down pretty well. Steve Austin is a funny character in wrestling, but in your comic he was even more intense. I really didn't have the feeling I was looking at a wrestler. I was looking at a tough Texan. It's a shame you never heard what Austin thought of it, but I think you did him justice.

Did you meet Austin or did you do your research by just watching wrestling?

And, is it always like that with licensed properties subjects, that comic authors and artists hardly ever hear reactions on the work they did on subjects?