Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    I don't mind the pain Oskar Von Strange's Avatar

Okay, so what was with the incinerator and no smoke coming out?? I hope it's explained because I get a bad feeling thinking about it.

Fungus, jellyfish, and wrecked subs is all I need to know
    Currently reading:Creepy, Eerie, Frankenstein Alive Alive, The Goon, Haunted Horror, Hellboy in Hell, King Conan: The Conquerer, Minimum Wage, Stray Bullets: Killers

The preview is up at the Dark Horse site.

Love the cover. Loving Stenbeck's interiors, too!

#4 is out tomorrow!!!

Really liked the creepy atmospherics in this issue- both visually and written. To be honest overall I've been somewhat 'meh' on this series so far, but this one really seemed to pick up and gives me hope.

Favorite moment from issue #3- seeing a close up shot of the rotting sailor carcas with purple algae/moss creeping out of its entrails. To say this shot (and the whole algae/moss plot point) is pregnant with potential problems for our titular hero seems like understatement. I just hope it all pays off in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by gdeo View Post
    #4 is out tomorrow!!!
    *AHEM*..don't you mean #3, Gary?

That's funny....I HAVE issue 4...Mea culpa Neil,I jumped outta the DeLorean too early.;)

Quote Originally Posted by gdeo View Post
    That's funny....I HAVE issue 4...Mea culpa Neil,I jumped outta the DeLorean too early.;)
    WAAAHH!!? No faaaaiiiirrrrr!!

Suck it up, Suck it up !... your in the Army now Neil.

I'm really trying to like this but I'm just not into it.

I truly love the art. The story is fun but the characters just aren't grabbing me. It's been 3 issues and I want to see it through to the end. Perhaps things will change but at this rate I don't think I would check out another series or pick up the book.
    Last edited by Noct; 10-15-2010 at 04:48 AM.

I thought this issue was pretty good and I am enjoying the series overall.
    Especially impressed with Stenbeck's art.

A trivial complaint.
    Why is the plague ship a 17th century Galleon? This takes place post WWI. At first I thought it must be an old shipwreck, but the bodies/zombies were recent.
    Even if they were in a sailing ship rather than a steam ship, it should be a late 19th or early 20th century vessel.
    My problem is that it confused me so much that it took me out of the story.
    But the rest was really good, so it's a minor complaint.

Hi everybody! Thanks for all your support of this series.

Thought id answer Eds query ... If I had a ton of corpses to get rid of, I wouldnt want to set them adrift in my nice brand new boat. Especially not an expensive steam boat. Id throw them on the old Galleon that was about to sink anyway. Not everything in this world is going to be brand new Edwardian stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by B.Stenbeck View Post

Thought id answer Eds query ... If I had a ton of corpses to get rid of, I wouldnt want to set them adrift in my nice brand new boat. Especially not an expensive steam boat. Id throw them on the old Galleon that was about to sink anyway. Not everything in this world is going to be brand new Edwardian stuff.
    Greetings B. Stenbeck! Welcome to this forum.

Love the avatar, which seems wonderfully hammered.

And the explanation seems ironclad, even for such a thing as an elderly boat.
    Been called a 'good egg'. Been told to rock, been told to steady myself. Been told to (please) be goin' places.
    Chillingly good stuff besides Mignola, Slint, M, Knut and really big chunks of tinfoil?
    Half sunk in the mud, with one eye showing / a cracked smile and hair still growing /
    your hands miles apart, as if they'd never met / you were the happiest I'd seen you yet
    . ~
    (full) lyrics to 'Exhume' by Bedhead.

Quote Originally Posted by B.Stenbeck View Post

Thanks Ben. It was a minor nit to pick. Just thought threw me a little while I was reading.
    That said, I want to reiterate that the art this issue was great. The giant jellyfish thingies, the submarine wrecks on the island, all fantastic.

No trouble. Glad you like it!