Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR: ADVANCE PREVIEW: "Fantastic Four" #583

Marvel Comics has released an advance preview for "Fantastic Four" #583, the first chapter of "Fantastic Four: Three" by writer Jonathan Hickman and artist Steve Epting. The new storyline starts September 2.

Full article here.

ha ha ha ha...awesome.

"The World's Greatest Comic Magazine" at it's best! Such suspense, such drama, such excitement as we have not seen for decades, maybe since the legendary days of Stan "the Man" Lee and Jack "King" Kirby! Hang on to your seats, true believers, as we are in for quite a ride.

The War of the Four Cities promises to be quite a storyline. I am so anxious to see what happens, especially between the Inhumans and the Atlanteans.

"What has your father done NOW?"

Priceless.

I wonder if Doom has any idea how smart that kid is?

I can't wait for September.
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer.

And either must die at the hand of the other for neither can live while the other survives.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    "What has your father done NOW?"

Priceless.

I wonder if Doom has any idea how smart that kid is?
    Doom cursed Val right after her birth to act as his familiar, and Doom's own intelligence could be attributed to his mother's dabbling in black magic so Doom *should* know and even be behind Val's smarts. It's certainly more believable than thinking intelligence has something to do with genetics.
    Reading: Fantastic Four, All-Star Western, Aquaman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Justice League, Demon Knights, Scalped and The Walking Dead

Jonathan Hickman just gets better with every issue.

Sad Hawkguy in the snow CyberHubbs's Avatar

One of the best comics currently hitting the shelves.
    I know Kevin Nichols through a guy that knows a gal. Small world!

If nihilism didn't take some delight in destruction one might suspect nihilists were an unnaturally morbid sort.
    -Theophilus

Quote Originally Posted by Zolton View Post
    Doom cursed Val right after her birth to act as his familiar, and Doom's own intelligence could be attributed to his mother's dabbling in black magic so Doom *should* know and even be behind Val's smarts. It's certainly more believable than thinking intelligence has something to do with genetics.
    i think they broke that curse.

in this case, remember the cosmic rays actul enhanced reeds intellect, one could assume that Reed breeding (with a woman who's genetic structure is already augmented, and being the daughter of a famed physician herself) that the child would be as smart if not smarter.

i actually hope valeria is smarter than reed, but also more ethical than him. i mean seriously... i wonder why no one ever calls reed on his "Inhuman" apath. I mean all he cares about most of the time is creating things if not "deciding what is right" for the world.

i really hope either he Dies in this war, or who ever does die causes him to i don't know... FEEL something.

thats why i wish more came out of Sue leaving Reed during civil war. she should have stayed away longer.

edit:
    is that structure Reed's "Council" building?
    Last edited by Shadowpsykie; 08-03-2010 at 02:27 PM. Reason: Added thought

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpsykie View Post
    i think they broke that curse.

in this case, remember the cosmic rays actul enhanced reeds intellect, one could assume that Reed breeding (with a woman who's genetic structure is already augmented, and being the daughter of a famed physician herself) that the child would be as smart if not smarter.

i actually hope valeria is smarter than reed, but also more ethical than him. i mean seriously... i wonder why no one ever calls reed on his "Inhuman" apath. I mean all he cares about most of the time is creating things if not "deciding what is right" for the world.

i really hope either he Dies in this war, or who ever does die causes him to i don't know... FEEL something.

thats why i wish more came out of Sue leaving Reed during civil war. she should have stayed away longer.
    Given the chance to do good in the universe with the other "Reeds", he chose to stay with his family. I'd say that's feeling something. You just can't expect him to be that way all the time, 'cause his brain works on an entirely different level than most people.

edit:
    is that structure Reed's "Council" building?
    Yeah, it is.

I imagine that Val finds the lobotomized Dooms in the basement.

If nihilism didn't take some delight in destruction one might suspect nihilists were an unnaturally morbid sort.
    -Theophilus

Default looks cool

Although these days, I'm beginning to think the book should be called "Valeria, guest starring the Fantastic Four." But Hickman's doing such an amazing job that I really don't mind.

The art is great and all, but I'd love to see Davis do the interiors as well on a few issues at some point. His covers are stellar and I always love his take on the F.F. The four issues he did with Lobdell in the mid 90s were amazing. That could have been such a classic run had Marvel editorial not canned it and brought in Chris Claremont's tripe.

Looks really good, I'll definitely be picking this arc up...Doom sure looks as though he's going to be a bad ass in this.
    smoke em if you got em

Quote Originally Posted by god of fear View Post
    Looks really good, I'll definitely be picking this arc up...Doom sure looks as though he's going to be a bad ass in this.
    Well, yeah. He's got his fingers steepled.

-Theophilus

Kristoff Vernard!!!

I'm suitably impressed and will probably check this out.