Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Harris View Post
    So I'm going to post both a brief rundown of what I have available as well as my checklist of what I need. If anybody wants anything I have, let me know and I will send it out, no charge. And if you happen to have some comics sitting around that you think I might appreciate more, then by george, that's what I call a Classic Comic Exchange.
    This is great. I'm going to dig out my boxes and get rid of (hopefully) half of what I have there. I'll be posting the list once I get it all sorted in the next couple weeks.
    All-Star Western, Casanova, Criminal, Daredevil, Dark Horse Presents, Funnies, Hellboy/BPRD, King City, Orc Stain, Snarked, Unwritten, Usagi Yojimbo

Lunatic On The Grass pinkfloydsound17's Avatar
    Dark side of the moon (Ontario, Canada to be exact)

How does this work exactly?

We trade stuff with each other for keeps? If so I would be interested...if you guys can send stuff to Canada that is. Let me know! I do not have much to offer though....some 80's ASM duplicates and a copy of ASM 74 that has some pages falling out. :(

From what I gather, it goes a little something like this - person A sends person B some classic comics and then person B sends person A classic comics too. It's sort of like a mystery dip. You wait and see what they send. And then return the kindness.

Quote Originally Posted by zryson View Post
    From what I gather, it goes a little something like this - person A sends person B some classic comics and then person B sends person A classic comics too. It's sort of like a mystery dip. You wait and see what they send. And then return the kindness.
    Yes, though I'm trying to take some of the mystery out by having people post what they need. I'm happy to send people mystery stuff like we did in the past, but I think we might get more participants if you now you're getting something you have been looking for.
    At last, Boy Comics finally gets its own website!

Quote Originally Posted by pinkfloydsound17 View Post
    How does this work exactly?

We trade stuff with each other for keeps? If so I would be interested...if you guys can send stuff to Canada that is. Let me know! I do not have much to offer though....some 80's ASM duplicates and a copy of ASM 74 that has some pages falling out. :(
    I'm willing to try sending stuff to Canada; I have heard the customs up there sometimes gets a little weird about comics for some reason, but I don't think it's usually a problem. Was there something specific you are looking for?

I'm willing to try sending stuff to Canada; I have heard the customs up there sometimes gets a little weird about comics for some reason, but I don't think it's usually a problem. Was there something specific you are looking for?
    I've shipped comics to Canada before no problem. Bought from there too. Shipping isn't even that bad.
    The Copper Age is my Golden Age
    My 2014 1000 comic progress

Lunatic On The Grass pinkfloydsound17's Avatar
    Dark side of the moon (Ontario, Canada to be exact)

Yeah usually shipping not too bad and from what I know, if you just put it down as a gift or as documents/books, it saves any sort of sillyness the customs might try to make up about comics containing ads.

As for what I would be interested in, anything horror related or I noticed you mentioned you had some Weird War and GI Combat. I would be down for a pleasant mystery package with a comic or two from these titles. However, I am not sure I have much to offer at this time...as mentioned, I only have a few comics with me as I recently moved and the rest of my stuff is with my folks. I could put together a small list for ya though its up to you :)
    Last edited by pinkfloydsound17; 11-26-2012 at 06:52 PM.

PM sent, pinkfloyd.

I think mystery packages can have a charm of their own. Maybe the best of both worlds would be some mystery and some of what people are looking for?

Well, I enjoy mystery packages as well, but we only got a couple people participating when we were doing that. but if anybody wants to do the mystery package exchange, I'm up for that as well.

Also, one other thing I have to trade that I forgot to mention: Tarzan. I have a pretty darn large pile of Tarzan comics from the late 60's and early 70's; this encompasses the transition from Dell to DC, so there are issues on both side of the divide, both issues of Tarzan itself as well as Korak. They are pretty cool for the Kubert art, so I don't mind keeping them, but I know we have several people on here who are much bigger Tarzan fans than I am, so if anybody needs these let me know, either posting here or via PM and I will get a list of what I have together.

Maybe taking some photographs would help too? Plus pictures can be evocative. Spur people into action sometimes more than just writing about something

Tarzan? Did someone say Tarzan?

What do you need, Scott?
    Anyway, it is cool for you to acquire acrimony of crumbling time on blast this website.
    --best spam ever

Quote Originally Posted by Polar Bear View Post
    Tarzan? Did someone say Tarzan?

What do you need, Scott?
    My checklist can be downloaded here https://dl.dropbox.com/u/108676143/C...0Checklist.doc because apparently in 2012, you can somehow download a checklist from my computer, even though I don't know how it works. I just work here.

Here's a shot of what I have for Tarzan. If you want any of these, just PM me your address and I'll mail them out. There's also a Korak #47 not shown here that escaped from captivity long enough to avoid being photographed. Also, that top Dell Tarzan in the photo is pre-code, from 1954; the centerfold is detached, but it's complete as far as I know:

I'll check my overstock and my want list and get back to you via PM.
    Anyway, it is cool for you to acquire acrimony of crumbling time on blast this website.
    --best spam ever

Nice picture of the Tarzan comics!